• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have something like Abhorrors or something like that but the only thing I found off atwiki was something to do with eroding the mind by giving you suicidal impulses and something about dreams, and another power that allows them to paralyze someone for like 2 seconds with either by talking or looking at the target.

Nothing I've seen related to f'ing the laws of physics like how Critters saying lolnope to it or Dead Machines killing it off. At least as far as I can manage to find about them somewhat.

Really hope Valusia gets picked up soon. If it had an ENG TL a long while ago, it'd make my thread idea even bigger lol.

Almost done with the glossary page btw. Should be done either tonight or tomorrow. Likely the latter. After that is taking a break cuz my sleep schedule's been kinda F'd lately. Especially with working on the book.

Large Engine Clock, hmm would that perhaps be the Great Engine Clock M supposedly sealed in another universe? That would mean Kaijin is that other universe.

Cracking is in this and it can harm Dead Machines, cool.

Dead Machine with expansion grow beyond the laws of physics so resistance to physics manipulation just like Critters i guess

The "TL" for Large Engine Clock has been different for what I see. I could get something like "Mega Engine Clock" or Great Engine Clock as you said but it should all be referring to the same thing cuz that's Edison's clock.

Yup.

Well I'm waiting for Red to see if it can written any "better" cuz it just says they're beyond the laws of physics but I put something like grow which might not be roughly right. Even so, yeah they can do this. I know Thanatos has this from browsing on atwiki but not sure about the others cuz there's actually types of Dead Machines in the story. Think even the abhorrors from Valusia are as well but I can't make them out for now...although they DO have a glossary that I can go find and look over...

Cool so now we know this story is indeed in another universe, but it's related to what we know, which was obvious since Edison is involved and he is a God who ate all of space-time, so his influence obviously spans the multiverse.

Wonder if any references to M are gonna be in there, or maybe that's from somewhere else that we get the info that M sealed the clock there.

So Dead Machines kill physics and are beyond it, interesting. Wonder if different types of them have different abilities in addition to the common physics stuff, that would be cool.

Sounds about right. Although I did somewhat find a bit that KnK is an IF world but the way it is and how Edison's involved sounds like it can serve as a parallel world.

I've only seen people like Golden King and Henry Ford (follower of Edison btw) but not The M or anyone we're familiar with. Tesla wasn't even mentioned in the timeline but he might have been around but ended up dying or still imprisoned in Edison's Time Prison.

Not to my findings, I don't think. There's one that's like an armored type and requires Kyrie's optic laser weapon to even kill, another that's multi legged like the spider image I posted that other day, and then we have Thanatos whose both a giant type and the "Expansion" type that, if what I saw through Gaggle TL is correct, it can also freely change the laws of physics kinda like GK's Ulthrathotep power...I think. That's why I'm most hyped to try and get Kyrie and Thanatos out lol.

It's also abilities too. Ares, multi legged type, has its own laser weapon, and Diane, think it's the armored type, has something about chainsaw arms that Kyrie later gains his own based off of it.

Aye. FAIK it's the final boss/DM Kyrie fights (and later ***** over with a sword of cracking light or some such).

Reminds me that the character list for KnK is gonna be small. Less than Sharnoth's cuz at most you have Kyrie and the Dead Machine of Ares, Diane, and Thanatos.

Ok, wonder if the laser weapon is lightspeed.

Cool.

That is indeed small. Hmm Kyrie actually fights? Assumed she was a normal human.

Edit: That and if it's been dodged or something. I'll try to see into it on that when I finally start it up.

Kyrie's the male, actually lol

Gene is the female you're probably talking about.

Should we still make it as a verse page or just have a character listing on the general WAB verse? Was thinking the latter if anything else.

Interesting, that would make them have relativistic speed.

Lol got them confused.

Yea meant her.

If the character list is short idk if there is a point in making a verse page.

Kyrie's gonna be a weird mc fighting char but then again, so Tesla, A, and Gii lol.

Dood can transform his body to make shit like a machine gun arm, chainsaw arm, a laser weapon, and some kind of leg thruster he can use to boost his speed in battle.

If anything he's like a cyborg to that of lightning man, critter summoner, and stand user lol

He might not even compare to A who can summon 3 Critters with conceptual cutting, bisecting, and pulverizing power, thinking about it.

Well depending on A's speed he might be faster, but A has better abilities, don't know how their ap compares though.

Tesla has the highest ap of the mc's so far, and is the fastest so A having better abilities wouldn't matter if they fought, but we don't know how fast A is so how knows at this point.

Yeah, tru.

Reminds me that I and Red will have to look out for AP feats then too.

sucks for us to not know of Valusia, Celeneria, or Thyria

Seeing a page like this the other day, would it be a good idea to make one for Critters and Kikai? Both practically have the same set of nature (being impervious to/beyond laws of physics, can mess up space, AE Type 1, not being alive, etc.) so I was thinking they might be put for the same page or something.

Which translations is more accurate for critter? Critter or creature, inganock and gahkthun have those translation differences obviously due to one being a fan translation and the other being official.

It's Critter. Dk why Inganock's FTL had it as Creature (I am sorta aware that Critter can mean like a creature tho).

I like saying Critter not just cuz it's official but it sounds cooler.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Qliphoth_Bacikal/Critter_Physiology

Did this earlier. Derped out on Kikai but I think Critters should be enough just as is?

The thing with Conceptual Manip/Attacks is more for A's Critters tho. I'll have to also specify that it works even against beings like the Angels, who are also made out of Cracking so they're pretty hard to "kill" unless you have BS like Porshion or GK, which A has the answer to here with his Critters.

Stuff involving Angels and A aren't translated so i personally wouldn't mention anything involving their abilities.

Especially something as broken as concept manipulation which A has which isn't translated yet. Not to mention it's very specific for A's critters, not a general thing all critters have.

It's like councils cracking is specific to them and not what is thought of when you think of cracking.

Hmm I thought about that as well so I guess I'll remove that then.

Everything else is about right, ye?

I might also do one for Dead Machines depending if I and Red learn anymore.

>Information Manipulation: Critters of Inganock are able to infect and absorb memories.

That's not info manipulation, think you meant infect and absorb information, which is true

>Immunity to Life Manipulation and Soul Manipulation: Critters and Kikai are beings of phenomena made up of possibilities and are forms of death, possessing no life or soul as they are only a possibility that resembles it.

This is true just we have added any resistances to life manipulation to the profiles lol.

Everything else is good.

A page for Dead Machines is probably unnecessary due to how little of them there are. They aren't even prevalent in the series, they just show up in one series, while Critters are basically everywhere.

Point on the Dead Machines then. I'll probably have to explain to them if they ever used in matches.

As for the blog page, right my bad. And yeah I thought the same and I added that cuz of Lemure's comment about not being lives lol.

You can just explain what Dead Machines are on the profiles.

If i remember correctly, Lemure said "I am not a life, only a possibility resembling that", something like that. So yea resistance to life manipulation is ok.

Btw didn't know Angels were Cracking Beings.

Cracking Beings though now that i think about it should be non-corporeal or intangible considering they are made of Cracking, an equation that produces phenomenon surpassing physics.

So you have to be able to effect equations to affect them, pretty absurd.

There's a page about Cracking Beings on atwiki (for WAB/Sakurai's works) that has a list of them. It has those listed on there like the Critters of Inganock and A's summons, Kikai, GrimmGrimm, the Angels/Messengers/whatever, and Lily.

Interestingly enough, the Underground NY is listed among there as some Cracking "Being" and Meta=Critters are listed among them as well.

https://w.atwiki.jp/rixyougi1234/pages/505.html

Idk about Meta=Critters being Cracking Beings, from what i remember they are born out of their users desire or something, could be wrong but don't remember anything about cracking.

As for Angels and Lily, will just have to wait and see if it's true.

Yeah on M=C, I don't remember anything about that either. UG NY being "one" sounds weird in and of itself.

I've seen people who have read it say Lily is one and Angels were born as part of the first Phenomenon Equation Experiment. But eh...let us WAIT~. Reminds me, wonder if they'll do it this week or something on updates.

Phew.

I finally got the prologue down for the story after 5 days of on-off work. Took quite a bit of time not just cuz of some Kanji's that alluded me but also some iteration kana marks that I found out is used for vertical Japanese novel reading so it might look awkward in something that's put in horizontal that I'm doing.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R5NclZhUqmmE-T_k2ThLeQJSnenHslr2lCaVgEByaDs/edit?usp=sharing

Also I found out some interesting things about KnK from a Steampunk forum I tend to go to and see around. Mainly that:

• It's a one shot story as far as any of them has read or heard of it over there, which is kinda like the main WAB stories (in the sort of sense that they're like their own standalone stories (ignoring the WN's, novels and fandiscs related to them, that is)).
  • The ending, as I've learned quite a while before on atwiki, is like...depressing. Not happy at all, and I guess part of it has to do with what happens to Kyrie at the end...
  • Kaijin no Karsheel is apparently a wordline/universe where every main WAB VN has come to a bad end (I.E What if Gii stopped lending his hand to help others and gave up, what if Lily/Elysia gave up their journey midway throughout their respective New York, what if Mary gave up partway in Sharnoth, etc.) and is ultimately led to the world just being F'd by Edison who ends up having Cyber Zombies rise up to reign over the wasteland that is the earth.
So yeah...as if I couldn't feel so bad for this world than I already am, it's already ****** more if the last part is true. Probably part of the books afterword but I can't say for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back