• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you think would win? In my opinion, it would be a very even match. You could argue that Star could easily beat him with her magic, but Steven could deflect it with Rose's Shield or Bubble, and now that we're nearing season 3, he can summon them quite easily, so I don't know. What do you all think?

Steven is insanely durable with shield, and his Gem Powers seems pretty strong too (although he cant control them correctly) and he has speed advantage

I give this to Steven.

Well Star can freeze time with her wand which can stop Steven before he uses his bubble sheild. And once she freezes time she can make a portal into the sun with her dimensional scissors and shove Steven in.

After the events of "Freeze Day", I really doubt Star would use Time freezing magic. Regardless, a bloodlusted Star could cast " Jellybean Hallucination Mist" and then BFR Steven through a dimensional portal.

That seems like its more likely to happen. She could also use Winter Storm Hyper Blow to freeze Steven solid and then there's always Mystic Room Suck Transform which would suck Steven down a mini black hole

She can cut a hole into another universe and punt his bubble in there, is does still roll after all.

'Bravery: Steven'

Wat.

Star has faced creatures that make The Cluster seem like a joke.

Star isn't as strong, but her powers are way more effective than Stevens. For example, her powerful Emotion/Emphatic Manipulation can incapacitate Steven while she BFRs him or something.

No. I was implying that most, if not all of what Steven has faced, Star has probably faced much worse.

Between Steven and Star, only one of them is willing to fully harm the other. How are most Steven Universe problems solved? By crying, talking or friendship. How are Star vs the Forces of Evil problems solved? By punching, magic and violence.

I'm not saying that I hate Steven Universe, I love the series to death - even ship Lapidot - but when it comes down to a fight Star is more willing to actually fight. It's not part of Steven's nature to fight willingly if other less violent options are available.

That's what I was thinking too, Star is a fighter, through and through. Steven only resorts to violence as a last resort (As seen with his "battles" against Eyeball and Bismuth), while Star can be a pretty violent and destructive person in general.

Plus, Star is just so dang versatile with her spells. She can make Steven hallucinate, transmute him, BFR him or some other effect.

Granted, she'll have a hard time doing any actual damage through brute force. Off the top of my head, the only spells that could really destroy him is the Whispering Spell and her unnamed Universe busting spells. Not only are both greatly out of character for her to use, but are going to be basically suicide spells.

Sir Ovens said:
Between Steven and Star, only one of them is willing to fully harm the other. How are most Steven Universe problems solved? By crying, talking or friendship. How are Star vs the Forces of Evil problems solved? By punching, magic and violence.
I'm not saying that I hate Steven Universe, I love the series to death - even ship Lapidot - but when it comes down to a fight Star is more willing to actually fight. It's not part of Steven's nature to fight willingly if other less violent options are available.
that....is really dumb assumption, Steven has shown he can stand his ground in a fight. The kid is also much stronger than Star and his abilities would work well against most projectiles Star would throw at him

'Assumption'

I am not assuming. Literally look at all the episodes. Steven won't fight unless he has a reason to. Hell, to fight Jasper, he needed to fuse with two seperate people (Connie and Amethyst). It's in Steven's nature to be kind and passive, which really shows even when he fights.

Take the fight with Amethyst and Bismuth. Steven only fought with Amethyst because she wanted her to feel better ablout herself. He was even holding back. Steven only fought with Bismuth because she was attacking him. That too, he was trying not to harm her.

I'm not saying Steven can't fight, but when you are as passive as him, you might as well not fight.

Sir Ovens said:
'Assumption'
I am not assuming. Literally look at all the episodes. Steven won't fight unless he has a reason to. Hell, to fight Jasper, he needed to fuse with two seperate people (Connie and Amethyst). It's in Steven's nature to be kind and passive, which really shows even when he fights.

Take the fight with Amethyst and Bismuth. Steven only fought with Amethyst because she wanted her to feel better ablout herself. He was even holding back. Steven only fought with Bismuth because she was attacking him. That too, he was trying not to harm her.

I'm not saying Steven can't fight, but when you are as passive as him, you might as well not fight.

yes BUT if he has this magical girl trying to attack him and if he cant reason with him ,he'd probably act to try and incapacitate her. He's got multi city block AP, possibly subsonic travel speed with likely massively hypersonic combat and reaction speed, multi city block durability WITHOUT his shield or bubble, and multi CONTINENT with sheild and bubble.

Star...is NOT touching him with her set of powers AP and speed. all it takes is a few hits and she is knocked OUT. Even if he refused to fight Star is gonna have to hit him a LOT to even really do anything to him.

A lot as in 3-A attack potency?

Not to mention the various Hax Star can abuse such as Time Stop, BFR, Gravity Deletion... etc.

Ok, lets see here:

• From what i recall Star wouldnt risk the time stop spell because when she undid it the first time she was afraid that if she used it again she wouldnt be able to turn it back on again (iirc, might need a fact check on that)
  • The Wand itself may be potentially 3-A but Star hasnt shown to be able to harness nearly that level of power in any circumstance besides with the time stop spell.
  • Steven is way too fast for Star to be able to hit or BFR
  • Star's weaker spells wont do much damage to Steven and he can easily block them with his shield/bubble, which they wont even come close to damaging
  • Standard battle assumptions means both Steven and Star are in character but willing to kill

Didn't Star master a form just recently which can freely traverse the multiverse at high speeds and also previously obliterated a character we have at Universal+ when she didn't even know how to control it? Fairly sure she stomps in that form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back