• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Honkai Cosmology Structure with terminology problems

As all you know, honkai cosmology has terminology problem with "world", "universe" and "galaxy".
Lately with the release of Honkai Star Rail, ppl started assuming that each planet Astral Express visited is a leaf in imaginary tree.
In Honkai Universe, there're imaginary tree and sea of quanta. Both of them function like a Multiverse but mihoyo called it just Universe.
Honkai cosmology follows Many World Interpretation and Honkai Universe has many worlds instead of multiverse with many universes that most of the ppl would know.

The word "World" is pretty vague. If we consider each game is a world, honkai impact world has a solar system and probably more.
Honkai star rail has multiple star systems. In star rail data bank, each branch is a different space time and the space in between is filled with imaginary energy and can't traverse.

This imaginary tree theory is consistent with Otto's theory in honkai impact.
However the second key manga implied that each leaf is a world. My take on this is, the imaginary tree that Su used in seed of sumeru bubble world is just a metaphor to observe other worlds.

The thing is, star rail imaginary tree theory said each world is a galaxy. And each world in star rail seems like entirely different worlds instead of similar worlds caused by MWI.

My question is these worlds in star rail like jarlio iv, xianzhou luofu, penacony are branches in imaginary tree or just worlds inside a star system that's inside of star rail world.

Another question is, each world in imaginary tree are qualified as a physical universe or not. Each world are finitely 4D with 7 curled up extra dimensions and imaginary tree is infinite.

How do you think guys?

Last edited:
As all you know, honkai cosmology has terminology problem with "world", "universe" and "galaxy".
Lately with the release of Honkai Star Rail, ppl started assuming that each planet Astral Express visited is a leaf in imaginary tree.
In Honkai Universe, there're imaginary tree and sea of quanta. Both of them function like a Multiverse but mihoyo called it just Universe.
Honkai cosmology follows Many World Interpretation and Honkai Universe has many worlds instead of multiverse with many universes that most of the ppl would know.

The word "World" is pretty vague. If we consider each game is a world, honkai impact world has a solar system and probably more.
Honkai star rail has multiple star systems. In star rail data bank, each branch is a different space time and the space in between is filled with imaginary energy and can't traverse.

This imaginary tree theory is consistent with Otto's theory in honkai impact.
However the second key manga implied that each leaf is a world. My take on this is, the imaginary tree that Su used in seed of sumeru bubble world is just a metaphor to observe other worlds.

The thing is, star rail imaginary tree theory said each world is a galaxy. And each world in star rail seems like entirely different worlds instead of similar worlds caused by MWI.

My question is these worlds in star rail like jarlio iv, xianzhou luofu, penacony are branches in imaginary tree or just worlds inside a star system that's inside of star rail word.

Another question is, each world in imaginary tree are qualified as a physical universe or not. Each world are finitely 4D with 7 curled up extra dimensions and imaginary tree is infinite.

How do you think guys?
Option 1:Hoyoverse smoked crack while writing img tree theory in hsr
Option 2:They smoked crack while writing everything
Option 3:They know something that we dont

Jokes aside the difference is that Img tree is just a theory as it says in game data
Because in hi3 we already have characters that are aware of trees existence in difference of hsr where the tree structure is theorised
As for ggz i didnt play the game so ill assume characters there also know about the existence of img tree

Jokes aside the difference is that Img tree is just a theory as it says in game data
Because in hi3 we already have characters that are aware of trees existence in difference of hsr where the tree structure is theorised
As for ggz i didnt play the game so ill assume characters there also know about the existence of img tree
Yeah....in ggz there're outer gods who exist beyond imaginary space. There's also one entity in hi3 who is in the plane where it govern the honkai itself.
In HSR, the imaginary tree is theorized as the star rail universe while in hi3, it's a multiverse structure. IX's description also mentioned about "Multiverse" and i'm sure it is referring to Imaginary Tree. Some ppl even says like there're multiple imaginary tree making an imaginary forest lol

Yeah....in ggz there're outer gods who exist beyond imaginary space. There's also one entity in hi3 who is in the plane where it govern the honkai itself.
In HSR, the imaginary tree is theorized as the star rail universe while in hi3, it's a multiverse structure. IX's description also mentioned about "Multiverse" and i'm sure it is referring to Imaginary Tree. Some ppl even says like there're multiple imaginary tree making an imaginary forest lol
Imaginary forest is crazy ☠️

Back