• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so this came across my mind. I mean Chowder is pretty much the most powerful Cartoon Network character that isn't a Looney Tunes character, while Spongebob is essentially the most powerful character Nickelodeon has to offer. I mean both characters have affected their own universe and have kinda survived things that could affect their own universe as well. What I mean is...

• Spongebob survived and regenerated from being reduced to nothingness thanks to Patrick pulling him by a string. Said strings would later be shown to unravel the entire universe.
  • Chowder technically survived the animation being lost through his voice actor (by the way, the voice actors all retain their characters' voices). He also survived himself wiping and rewriting his own universe by overthinking it. That and Chowder technically made his own world separate from Marzipan City when he decided that rules are for losers and wanted to do whatever he wanted.
Looking through their plot-manip details.
  • Chowder can declare someone is "not in this episodes" and they're gone. This would be more like a BFR deal than a killing deal.
  • Chowder can eat an entire episode.
  • After eating brain grub, Chowder wiped out and rewrote the entire show by overthinking.
  • It should be noted that Mung Daal, who Chowder can physically contend with, can physically move the cartoon while Chowder is still in it, which he did in order to make Chowder make a delivery to some haunted place.
  • Spongebob can erase Chowder with the Magic Pencil, which had been used against him before by Doodlebob. This shows that the pencil has potential to erase objects from Spongebob's idea of reality from existence.
  • Spongebob and Patrick have ended a cartoon before with thumb fireworks.
Seeing this, they also have things countering each other. Spongebob isn't affected by Burger Beard twisting fate, and both Spongebob and Chowder can exist outside their cartoons. That and I didn't see anything about Spongebob affecting real-life people on the same degree as Popeye throwing a rock at an animator, so I doubt Spongebob can affect Chowder after he's reduced to a voice actor. Chowder (the show, not the character) did have something that affected the creator of the show (represented by a C.H. Greenblatt puppet), which was an onslaught of babies, but I don't recall whether Chowder (the character) was directly responsible for the baby incident or not.

Still, Chowder had been removed from existence because of temporal shenanigans, as shown when Chowder brought Mung's younger self back into the present, which wiped the entire show out temporally. Spongebob, however, is completely unaffected by temporal shenanigans. If I recall correctly, Spongebob and Patrick were unaffected by the butterfly effect they caused by accidentally stopping Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy and even the bajillion time machines that appeared during that very event.

Chowder's stomach is a possible wincon. Saying that since Spongebob is four inches tall and has been handled repeatedly by things larger than him, and given Chowder's stomach is generally inescapable and the only escape condition is if Chowder decides to spit something up, Spongebob can just get eaten by Chowder and he'll be stuck. And yes, I've played Battle for Bikini Bottom before. Beaten it even. Hans is purely a game mechanic in that game.

Obviously this match would involve equalizing speed. There is no way in hell literally anyone with a calculable speed can stack up to Spongebob. This is base Spongebob vs Chowder, and the starting distance is one meter. (Before you bring it up, Spongebob's survivability outside of water is inconsistent; in fact, consistently the only place where Spongebob couldn't survive without water is Sandy's Treedome)

Here are their profiles.

Chowder's Profile
Spongebob's Profile

Who takes this?

Chowder: 0
Spongebob: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Funny timing, I do have a Chowder CRT in the works that'll give Chowder tons of more hax and elaborate on most of the hax already on his profile, as well as boost the verse to (at least) 4-C maybe Low 2-C if everyone is generous

Funny timing, I do have a Chowder CRT in the works that'll give Chowder tons of more hax and elaborate on most of the hax already on his profile, as well as boost the verse to (at least) 4-C maybe Low 2-C if everyone is generous
could You send me the link of It when posted?

That would definitely make this matchup fairer.

How does Chowder counters Passive Probability hax and Supernatural Luck?
Kinda waiting on a CRT right now, but based just on what we got rn, Chowder's BFR is purely an at-will thing. By that, I mean if SpongeBob is in Chowder's stomach, Chowder would only let SpongeBob out if he wills it. That and he can technically switch bodies with Spongebob with pizzazz (no, it's not an intangible concept; it's an actual spice), which... While SpongeBob's soul can't be straight up taken from him, SpongeBob did actually fall under a similar spell through his own impressions/impersonations of people:

(Start at 9:57)

Though I think whether Chowder gains SpongeBob's abilities when switching with him or if their abilities remain intact after the switch is usually up to interpretation. The profile doesn't exactly detail the handling of that particular ability. Like I said, the CRT would likely have a better answer when it comes if one is found.

Last edited:
Back