• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Mickey Mouse Merge

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
Composite Mickey, this is not quite. But I believe there is more than enough evidence to merge Mickey with his theatrical shorts, Fantasia, House of Mouse, certain comics, and Epic Mickey incarnations.

Theatrical Shorts & Fantasia

The theatrical shorts have been referenced heavily under the same Actors Canon that Looney Tunes currently falls under. This is common for famous cartoon characters.

Steamboat Willie is the most common of these references as it was Mickey's first cartoon and the most iconic (and most recently fell into public domain).

For example, in Runaway Brain, Mickey has a photo from Steamboat Willie and remarks "Oh, that's old."

In the most recent "Steamboat Silly
" short from the Paul Rudish cartoons, multiple old film reel Mickeys from Mickey's past (most prominently Steamboat Willie clones) come to life, and you can see lots of memorabilia from the shorts as well, including Fantasia, The Band Concert, The Nifty Nineties, Mickey's Delayed Date, Lonesome Ghosts, etc.

House of Mouse also presents some Theatrical Shorts from different eras, such as Motor Mania (S2E5 Max's New Car), Mickey and the Seal (S2E11 King Larry Swings In), The Whoopee Party, Pioneer Days (S2E13 Dennis the Duck), Symphony Hour (S3E7 Music Day), Up A Tree, Two Chips and a Miss (S3E11 Chip 'n' Dale), Beezy Bear (S3E12 Humphrey in the House), Goofy Gymnastics (S3E14 Salute to Sports) and features the magic hat from Fantasia as an actual source of magic that is used frequently, most notably in Mickey's fight against Jafar in Mickey's House of Villains.

For context, House of Mouse is a club in which cartoons are presented before a menagerie of Disney characters. And it is revealed that the characters are the ones making the cartoons, but at the same time, they aren't really "acting", more so it's their real life but made entertainment (see. S1E1 The Stolen Cartoons), similar to Looney Tunes in terms of physicality. We'll go more in-depth with this in lower sections.

Epic Mickey canonizes all of Mickey's history and they are played through in the forms of the projector segments.

The 90s Era

First is Epic Mickey. Which must seem insane for the modern video game to take place in this era. But the intro reveals that it takes place some time before or after The Prince and the Pauper short. Epic Mickey also reveals that the video game Castle of Illusion is canon to the continuity as its spiritual sequel Power of Illusion confirms. As said before, the game canonizes much of Mickey's history through the film reels and the projector sequences, as well as the entire plot revolving around how Mickey became a big cartoon star whereas Oswald was forgotten.

Next is the Disney Afternoon era.

Chip and Dale connects to the mainline canon as "that big dumb duck" (Donald) is mentioned in S2E13: A Case of Stage Blight.

DuckTales, of course, features Donald's nephews Huey, Dewey, and Louie following their Uncle Scrooge on various adventures.

Darkwing Duck features Launchpad McQuack as a main character, who is also a member of the DuckTales main cast.

According to the dubiously canon comic, Legend of the Chaos God, all of these shows including Talespin take place in the same continuity though eras apart.

Quack Pack's main location is Duckberg, which is the main location of DuckTales, so we can say that it falls under that continuity as well.

Goof Troop may be the most important of these cartoons however, as it introduces Max, Goofy's son, who shows up in Once Upon A Christmas as a child, A Goofy Movie as a teenager, House of Mouse as an employee, An Extremely Goofy Movie in college, and Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas as an adult.

Floyd Gottfredson Comics

Characters like The Phantom Blot, who originated in these comics, appear in House of Mouse. Morty and Ferdie Fieldmouse from the comics also appeared in the theatrical short Mickey's Steam Roller, Mickey's Christmas Carol, House of Mouse, and the Paul Rudish cartoons.

Regarding Disney Crossovers

It is not uncommon for Disney films to cross over with Mickey. In fact, the House of Mouse and Once Upon A Studio projects are entirely dedicated to his concept in which literally every Disney project up to that point crosses over which each other.

But it is important to address two things. House of Mouse establishes that though the events of Disney films are in-canon films, they aren't "acting" and they basically are the same personality AND power wise. Like, the villains are just as evil as they are in the movies and their magic is very real as opposed to Looney Tunes where they are just acting most of the time. Epic Mickey also establishes Sleeping Beauty as one of these films and Disney characters also frequently cross over into the Paul Rudish Mickey shorts.

But although they are owned by the same company, we can't exactly cross-scale them. At least, from what's shown. Most of these series do not address the Mickey canon, with a few exceptions.

Genie, an already meta character mind you, references Steamboat Willie, Pocahontas, and even Darkwing Duck.

The ending of Lion King 1 and 1/2 which tells Timon's side of the story of Lion King, has them recounting the events of the film in a movie theater, after which a menagerie of Disney characters follow.

There are of course other examples of Disney characters knowing each other, but there's too little evidence to show that ALL of them are in the same canon.

These characters don't actually seem to scale to one another, so I don't think it should be much of a problem. This is more so a clarification of where House of Mouse stands right now. It's more than likely these crossover versions of these characters will get separate profiles altogether.

And no, Kingdom Hearts is not canon.

But surprisingly Disneyland is.

Now then, that should be all.

Ah, one other thing. Since Mickey seems to acknowledge his past as him being a different person back then like in the Paul Rudish cartoons and this clip, I recommend separating the Theatrical Shorts, 90s-2000's and Paul Rudish incarnations into keys.

Agree: Accelerated_Evolution, PuffletronGaming (2)
Disagree:
Neutral:

Last edited:
This seems reasonable. I will go out of my way to say that cross-scaling any Disney character not from the Mickey Mouse franchise would generally be a stupid idea as the films they came from have their own canon. Hell, even diehard fans powerscale DIsney characters separately from one another.

I agree with this OP, but won't support any Disney film cross-scaling whatsoever.

This seems reasonable. I will go out of my way to say that cross-scaling any Disney character not from the Mickey Mouse franchise would generally be a stupid idea as the films they came from have their own canon. Hell, even diehard fans powerscale DIsney characters separately from one another.

I agree with this OP, but won't support any Disney film cross-scaling whatsoever.
Yeah, just wanted to get that argument out of the way so that it doesn’t show up again in the future. Although there is an argument to be made somewhat in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, another big crossover piece.

Benny the Cab has a pretty prominent role in a House of Mouse episode, and in the Mickey canon, the idea that toons are movie stars is an idea that is subscribed to. So in case a Toon Physiology thing is made on the Disney side for Mickey’s cartoons prominently, that might be a good thing to keep in mind.

Like, Mickey and Oswald would have it, but not Aladdin or Dumbo, for example.

Yeah, just wanted to get that argument out of the way so that it doesn’t show up again in the future. Although there is an argument to be made somewhat in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, another big crossover piece.
Man, that's a rabbit hole in on itself, and I don't mean it in either the punny way or that Hatsune Miku meme way. About the only things I recall from the movie is the relatively minor appearance of Bugs and Mickey (yes, Bugs showed up) and the fact that there is a very specific acid that kills toons used as a plot device.

Man, that's a rabbit hole in on itself, and I don't mean it in either the punny way or that Hatsune Miku meme way. About the only things I recall from the movie is the relatively minor appearance of Bugs and Mickey (yes, Bugs showed up) and the fact that there is a very specific acid that kills toons used as a plot device.
Yeah. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is definitively not canon to Looney Tunes for obvious reasons but it’s been brought up in Disney projects consistently for quite a while. It seems more to align with Disney’s portrayal of toons than Warner Bros’s. But that’s a whole can of worms to open when the page draft is completed.

For now, the point is that the crossovers are canon to Mickey’s side of the continuity, but not so much the others. Though it will be fun seeing the ways that WFRR, Bonkers, and Epic Mickey intersect together.

Sure, this seems good just as long as you're not cross scaling the other Disney characters from their series as they have their own inconsistences that they are dealing with to Mickey.

Thinking about it, would any of the revisions here necessitate a key for Jafar? I think he's about the only villain who directly beefed with Mickey, and that was in House of Villains. That could be my foggy memory though.

Thinking about it, would any of the revisions here necessitate a key for Jafar? I think he's about the only villain who directly beefed with Mickey, and that was in House of Villains. That could be my foggy memory though.
Yeah, it would. Mickey’s faced Jafar twice. Once in House of Mouse and twice in Power of Illusion.

Back