• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH thread 2 [SPOILER]

Chianli said:
and also we need more gen 8 mons
I'm aware. After I finish my minor Revision/Questioning thread for the verse as a whole, I'm gonna start working on some more profiles.

Drite77 said:
Should we add the TM/Tutor moves as well?
Probably not, since the profiles seem to be intended as wild Pokemon, but even then, the majority of pokemon seem to be missing a lot of moves that have been accepted (such as Egg Moves and TCG Moves)

Aight, I was doing some light digging, and I found stuff to scale the Gigantamax Pokemon to. Yet another mountain busting calculation.

Copperjah is said to be capable of leveling mountains and changing the surrounding landscape. Normally, we'd use violent fragmentation here but pulverization works here, given Copperjah's previous Pokedex entry talks about it reducing boulders to powder, it's not too big of an assumption to upscale that when it comes to Gigantamax.

Also, Eternatus might actually be High 3-A without any exaggeration. Infinite energy and said energy causes spacetime to warp seems to actually fit the qualifications. Could be my optimism though.

The real cal howard said:
Aight, I was doing some light digging, and I found stuff to scale the Gigantamax Pokemon to. Yet another mountain busting calculation.
Copperjah is said to be capable of leveling mountains and changing the surrounding landscape. Normally, we'd use violent fragmentation here but pulverization works here, given Copperjah's previous Pokedex entry talks about it reducing boulders to powder, it's not too big of an assumption to upscale that when it comes to Gigantamax.

Also, Eternatus might actually be High 3-A without any exaggeration. Infinite energy and said energy causes spacetime to warp seems to actually fit the qualifications. Could be my optimism though.
I mean realistically it should be high 3-A or Low 2-C because space-time warping

For the record I don't think "distorting space-time" alone is enough for Low 2-C. I mean, Erza can distort space-time with some armors, but she's not Low 2-C. Black holes distort space-time, but that doesn't also mean they're Low 2-C.

High 3-A though, that's very plausible. Infinite energy, like Black holes (or was it density?) distort space-time with its mere presence.

Soo... Another powerful 3-D High 3-A. Discord VS Eternatus???

discord stomps not only does he have a wall of hax but he also has resistance to power null.

also conceptual manip.

Guys i think eternatus is not really high 3-A. This is a similar case to Johny joestar and gyro. They had an attack which went through dimensional walls and was stated to have infinite energy. However considering we don't know if he can produce infinite energy instantly or he does it overtime so we cannot give him a high 3-A. Same thing goes for eternatus.

I've neglected to mention this, but Grimmsnarl is going to be "fun" to scale.

Sword With the hair wrapped around its body helping to enhance its muscles, this Pokémon can overwhelm even Machamp.
Shield Its hairs work like muscle fibers. When its hairs unfurl, they latch on to opponents, ensnaring them as tentacles would.

Gigantamax Grimmsnarl

This Pokémon was unavailable prior to Generation VIII.

Generation VIII Galar
  1. 240
Sword By transforming its leg hair, this Pokémon delivers power-packed drill kicks that can bore huge holes in Galar's terrain.
Shield Gigantamax energy has caused more hair to sprout all over its body. With the added strength, it can jump over the world's tallest building.
It begs the question of "base Grimmsnarl can overwhelm Machamp using how many arms?" since, IIRC, Machamp does its mountain moving feat singled-armedly.

Its Gigantamax'd Shield form also provides a feat in that it can jump. Without knowing the height of the tallest Pokemon world building (For all I know it was Tokyo Tower in Japanese.), let's use real world buildings.

As far as I know, nothing beats the Burj Khalifa's 829.8 meter height, so let's assume it can jump that height at a minimum.

Annoyingly, GF doesn't list weight/mass for Gigantamax Pokemon, as far as I've seen. I guess they're not even willing to pretend to have calculated it. But they do list the HEIGHTS!!

So, Grimmsnarl, Gigantamax or not, isn't the most feminine Pokemon, but because I'm lazy, let's plug its pre & post Gigantamax heights into the Giantess Calculator. 1.5 & 32.0+ (Plus??) meters tall, respectively. Using the base's weight/mass (61 kg), we can get a mass for the Gigantamax form. I have no idea what we're scaling it's Lifting Strength to, so I'll ignore that bit. Mass comes to:

592 metric tonnes & 261 kg (592,261 kg.)

Now we'll ask Wolfram for the KE for 592,261 kg moving 892.8 meters in 1 second, since we're assuming Gigantamax Grimmsnarl can jump the height of the world's tallest building.

....236 gigajoules, or 2.36x10^11 joules. City Block level.

....That's disappointing. Especially if, IIRC, Gigantamax forms are just projections lacking the mass they appear to have, like I've read. Sorry for the wall of text, hope this was interesting.

"Zamazenta fends off the attacks of foes by using the golden shield that covers its front. The shield's strength is so formidable that even the sharp claws of Dragon-type Pokémon cannot leave a single scratch upon it."
"Zamazenta fends off the attacks of foes by using the golden shield that covers its front. The shield's strength is so formidable that even the sharp claws of Dragon-type Pokémon cannot leave a single scratch upon it."
"No battlefield, no matter how terrible, can make Zamazenta flinch in its resolve. It will charge the enemy lines head on to defeat its opponents. Its shield-like armor provides impregnable defense, but it is also a weapon to be used in powerful attacks. When Zamazenta bashes into opponents with all its might, it's said that the destructive force is enough to put cracks in the land and that the resulting shock wave can lay waste to hundreds of enemies."
"With this Steel-type physical move, the winged armor on Zamazenta's front grows to gigantic proportions and is used to bash into a target with devastating force. It is especially strong against Dynamax Pokémon, and the impact of it slams right through a Dynamax Pokémon's body to deal devastating damage. The destructive power of this move is said to be enough to bore straight through towering mountains."
"Zamazenta's Ability, Dauntless Shield, is a new Ability introduced in these titles and one that only Zamazenta has. When Zamazenta enters a battle, its Defense is boosted, allowing it to withstand even more attacks from its opponents."

"Zacian attacks its foes using the sword it grips in its mouth. The sword's edge is terrifically sharp and can tear through even the thick scales of Dragon-type Pokémon as though they were no more than paper."
"Zacian attacks its foes using the sword it grips in its mouth. The sword's edge is terrifically sharp and can tear through even the thick scales of Dragon-type Pokémon as though they were no more than paper"
"Zacian dashes through the battlefield to strike its enemies with the speed of a swift wind. Its graceful movements are beautiful to behold and have been compared to a dance. Zacian's slashing attacks possess a speed that makes them impossible to see with the naked eye, and those hit by its blade are cut down before they can even feel pain from the blow."
"With this Steel-type physical move, the sword in Zacian's mouth grows to gigantic proportions and is used to slice at a target. It is especially strong against Dynamax Pokémon, and the impact of it slams right through a Dynamax Pokemon's body to deal devastating damage. The destructive power of this move is said to be enough to cut the very ocean in two."
"Zacian's Ability, Intrepid Sword, is a new Ability introduced in these titles and one that only Zacian has. When Zacian enters a battle, its Attack is boosted, allowing it to deal even more damage to targets when unleashing attacks."

Back