• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH thread 2 [SPOILER]

Dataminers are already turning in their mines and the models are far to similar to the previous gen's for it to not be a copy pasta, down to each individual line in the wireframe, barring a few mons who some have even less ten or so polys, and 1 I think had a thousand more.

Link to the exact dataminers?

I haven't seen any dataminers like Kurt or anyone talk about this yet.

So having seens a certain video let me give my honest thoughts.

Story: The overall plot is pretty lackluster and the whole Legend plot seems rushed. However, the character development for Hop really shines for me. Hop imho really showed how a "Friendly Rival" should be written. He was automatically competitive and actually went through some legitimate development. Hop has become one of the better written rivals in general in my eyes. Bede's development was cool, but rushed in my eyes. A bit more interactions would have helped as he is a real interesting douchebag rival. Marnie kinda felt just there, but was still pretty cool. I like how self-contained and simple the story was, however I wish there was more. Leon is a cool champion and Rose is a cool villain in my eyes. There was no real evil character and I liked that in this game.

New Pokemon: This gen has one of my favorite casts of new mons. From mons like all 3 starters, Corviknight's line, Legends, Dragapult's line, Duraludon, Impidimp's line, Oorbeetle's line, Centiskorch's line, Frosmoth's line, Yamper's line, New Galarian Forms and their evos, Hattena's line, Falinks, Silicobra's line and Wooloo's line, I was pretty happy with the selection this gen.

Gameplay: It's...well...solid Pokemon gameplay. I miss Megas and Z moves and I'm not the biggest fan of Dynamax and Gigantamax, but it's servicable. Not much to go over. It's still pretty fun.

Graphics: Not the best, but it looks good enough for me to enjoy. They could be much better. Wild Area is fun, but it doesn't look the best. Although there are many places in the games that look great.

Animations: Got some real shit animations and we got some real great ones. Nothing more to say.

GameFreak's Honesty: I will continue to support Pokemon, however at the same time, I will still be critical on things I disagree with. Being vague or flat out lying about the models is unacceptable and I will not defend that. They have to earn that trust back from the fandom or be more blunt next time.

This Controversy: It was a shitty controversy. The fanbase had this us vs them mentality and they could not come together for anything. If you wanted to buy the games, you were a shill, defender or a blind fan. If you merely criticized the games you were a hater, nitpicker and petty bastard. It doesn't help that through this entire ordeal, we have had harassment, death threats and just horrible shit targeted at certain members of the development team at the same time. The months leading up to this game were a living hell for a Pokemon fan regardless on what side of the spectrum you were. The fanbase wasn't united, but was divided and toxic. Do I agree with the dex cut? Not at all. Do I agree with all the practices and decisions GF made here? **** no. Do I still support Pokemon? Yes. Will I still play Pokemon? Yes. Do I want GF to improve? Common sense dictates that anyone would want one of their favorite franchises to improve. One cannot be blind to the negatives of something they love, nor the positives of something they hate.

Overall: I legit loved SwSh. I enjoyed the characters, Hop's development was great, loved the new mons and I simply had a great time. It doesn't surpass Gen V for me, nor Gen Vll in plot. I would rate this as my second favorite Region, but 5th favorite Gen overall.

My score overall is an 7/10.

I think it is too early to rank this Gen compared to the others, but in terms of games and only games, this Gen is totally on the lower end alongside other messes like Gen 7 and the horror that is Gen 5, but overall I think it's better than those. So, 3rd worst Gen so far.

Meanwhile, I adore Gens V and Vll tbh. Those are my top 2. You can also start comparing it to other Gens, however opinions are subject to change.

My top 2 are, will likely always be, Gen 4 & 6. Gen 3 is very close to 6, but I think I better let 6 have 2nd instead since XY are my second favourite Pokémon games.

apperantly g max meowth`s coin text is thought to be the key of dyna and gigantamax phenomena

edit: unlocks the secret of it

Gen 6 is at the bottom for me only surpassing Gen 1. Of course If I count ORAS, then Gen 6 is my Number 3 favorite Gen.

I always count remakes as part of the Gen they are made into. ORAS is Gen 6 and HGSS is Gen 4 as far I'm concerned. In fact, HGSS is part of the reason Gen 4 is fave, since while Platinum is my 3rd favourite game and DP are close as 5th, HGSS are Number 1.

Here is MY Review that isn't a bunch of Pokemon fanboying (I borrowed a copy from my friend who hated it)

Story:

Bad. I predicted Rose would become bad MONTHS AGO!!! Hop was annoying and most of the characters felt like bland goo. Overall the story was pretty meh and nothing to write home about

Graphics, smoothness:

Some areas looked like Superman 64, particuarly the wild areas. Pop in's, Draw distances, stutters and frame rate drops as well as a crap load of graphics problems were everywhere. Some areas I can admit looked really nice like the city's. But everything else looked like a turd and ran like a turd. Also, Gamefreak lied and shame on them

Pokemon:

Plenty of great ones, probably the saving grace of this game. I liked a lot of them and it is proof that much of the problems with the game come from TPC and not the actual devs themselves.

Gameplay: just the same, but I LOATHE DYNAMAX!!!! Dynamax is one of the worst features ever put in a pokemon game. It didn't do anything to spice the gyms and it was clearly there just for more merch. Megas and Z Moves were gone as well. The EXP Share being mandatory as well as the new EXP mechanic means this game is abnormally easy (oh great). On the bright side, some things I liked were removal of tutorials

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Here is MY Review that isn't a bunch of Pokemon fanboying (I borrowed a copy from my friend who hated it)
I love how you assume that a somewhat positive review is Pokemon fanboying.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Plenty of great ones, probably the saving grace of this game. I liked a lot of them and it is proof that much of the problems with the game come from TPC and not the actual devs themselves.
This, it's pretty hard to make a great game if you're forced to make one per year.

Idea: Arceus's new form requires all of the elemental plates and only lasts for 10 turns because of how powerful it is.

you can not say to my face seriously that gen 6 is worse than gen 7, gen 6 has mega evolution, that training game thing that helps boost ev's, Yveltal and Xerneas, One of the best legendary intro's in pokemon HISTORY and Mewtwo in the base game.

Lavcore said:
you can not say to my face seriously that gen 6 worse than gen 7, gen 6 has mega evolution, that training game thing that helps boost ev's, Yveltal and Xerneas, One of the best legendary intro's in pokemon HISTORY and Mewtwo in the base game.
I can..but I can't as we are in a thread....

Gen 7 is my second favorite Gen tbh.

I will continue

NSMBUDX>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sticker Star

Sticker Star>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Masadaverse

please explain how gen 6 is bad.

@blue

would you rather take serena and the others who barely appear or hau who makes me angry by being so nice.

Sticker Star's battle system was so contrived and esoteric when it came to the Stickers that you NEEDED as well as said stickers needing to be a specific one you have to get a specific way. Like, even as a forgiving kid that kind of tedium was so stupid and to find out the final boss needed SO ******* many of the Thing Stickers? Lol no. I just couldn't.

The real cal howard said:
I noticed you were talking about Alpharad the moment you said handshake
Hey! Hey, Cal! How did you feel about that actual power null scaling chain displayed in Sw/Sh?

Like I said, The Darkest Day can totally have a calc since it was a storm that spread across the entirety of the Galar region. It also made pokémon Dynamax across the region seemingly uncontrollably so Eternatus should also have Power Bestowal or something like that.

We could actually get a number for Eternatus instead of scaling it to Lugia. Has anyone tried? I'm a novice at calcs so I'm likely to get results incorrect

Back