• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH thread 2 [SPOILER]

So, now that we have a pretty concluded idea of Dynamax's hax, I'm just gonna quickly insert everything that's been discussed here, just to double check nothing else is new for Dynamax before finally applying this and making more profiles

Country level (Compares to Gigantamax Corviknight)

All previous abilities, Large Size (Type _), Weather Manipulation (All Dynamax Pokemon create a storm within their den and have clouds floating around them), Air Manipulation (If the Dynamax is not defeated in time, the trainers are blown out of the den, Aura, Electricity Manipulation (Dynamax is used as a power source, Dynamaxed Pokemon have visible jolts of electricity bouncing around them), Forcefield Creation, Power Nullification, Self-Destruction after being defeated, Superior whatever type(s) depending on G-Max Move(s), Resistance to Sealing (Dynamaxed Pokemon must be heavily damaged before they can be captured), Status Effect Inducement (Cannot be flinched), Power Nullification (Cannot have moves disabled), Power Modification (Cannot have their ability changed), Mind Manipulation (Cannot be forced to use the same move repeatedly), weight-based abilities, forced exits (self-inflicted or inflicted by opponents), having their items stole, and Death Manipulation (Cannot be effected by moves like Perish Song and Destiny Bond)

yeah the xy engine feels much more reminiscent of 2D pokemon while having 3D models the swsh engine feels too 3-D for the gen 4 remakes.

The Switch Engine is trash and it makes the games look somehow worse than the X and Y games so yeah, IF Gamefreak is too incompetent to give us better graphics and polishing for Gen 4, then just use the 3DS stuff

Robot972 said:
So, now that we have a pretty concluded idea of Dynamax's hax, I'm just gonna quickly insert everything that's been discussed here, just to double check nothing else is new for Dynamax before finally applying this and making more profiles
Country level (Compares to Gigantamax Corviknight)

All previous abilities, Large Size (Type _), Weather Manipulation (All Dynamax Pokemon create a storm within their den and have clouds floating around them), Air Manipulation (If the Dynamax is not defeated in time, the trainers are blown out of the den, Aura, Electricity Manipulation (Dynamax is used as a power source, Dynamaxed Pokemon have visible jolts of electricity bouncing around them), Forcefield Creation, Power Nullification, Self-Destruction after being defeated, Superior whatever type(s) depending on G-Max Move(s), Resistance to Sealing (Dynamaxed Pokemon must be heavily damaged before they can be captured), Status Effect Inducement (Cannot be flinched), Power Nullification (Cannot have moves disabled), Power Modification (Cannot have their ability changed), Mind Manipulation (Cannot be forced to use the same move repeatedly), weight-based abilities, forced exits (self-inflicted or inflicted by opponents), having their items stole, and Death Manipulation (Cannot be effected by moves like Perish Song and Destiny Bond)
D-Max Pokémon from raid battles are also immune to Curse and apparently OHK moves like Sheer Cold.

Due to this thread bringing up adding Dynamax (all abilties, stats, etc.) to every pokemon within SwSh instead of just Gigantamax Pokemon (which I think isn't necessary), I thought I'd offer an alternative. It's not a perfect page, as it was a rushed job, but if there is an interest in a verse-specific power for Dynamax, like Super Saiyan Transformations, I could finish/clean up the page and put in a request.

Robot972 said:
Due to this thread bringing up adding Dynamax (all abilties, stats, etc.) to every pokemon within SwSh instead of just Gigantamax Pokemon (which I think isn't necessary), I thought I'd offer an alternative. It's not a perfect page, as it was a rushed job, but if there is an interest in a verse-specific power for Dynamax, like Super Saiyan Transformations, I could finish/clean up the page and put in a request.
Having it as a power, rather than a key, would definitely be a lot easier to manage.

Got it. I'll finish the page, add Gigantamax to the relevant Pokemon, then ask staff about adding the power to the right Pokemon.

On that topic, should it only be given to Pokemon who appear within SwSh or should every Pokemon, regardless of appearance, get it? I'm assuming the former?

And also, should I include the max HP increase as a multiplier for durability or no?

You should also add that Max-Moves partially ignore forcefields and precognition.

And this:

Forcefield Creation and Power Nullification (Dynamax Pokémon can neutralize the abilities of each opponent or completely reset stat changes before attacking. Dynamax Pokémon can also create a mysterious barrier that prevents almost all damage.)

Robot972 said:
Got it. I'll finish the page, add Gigantamax to the relevant Pokemon, then ask staff about adding the power to the right Pokemon.
On that topic, should it only be given to Pokemon who appear within SwSh or should every Pokemon, regardless of appearance, get it? I'm assuming the former?

And also, should I include the max HP increase as a multiplier for durability or no?
I'd say the former to be safe.

New Pokédex entries:

Mewtwo:
"Created from the DNA of Mew, this Pokémon is a dangerous combination of overwhelming power and a savage heart."
"The research efforts of a certain scientist ultimately resulted in this Pokémon. Its powers are dedicated to battling."
Mew:
"It's very intelligent and can use an incredible variety of moves. Many believe that all other Pokémon are descendants of this one."
"This mythical Pokémon is said to be extinct, but sightings of it are still being reported to this day."
Celebi:
"This Pokémon has the ability to move through time. Records describing it as a forest deity can be found from many different eras."
"This Pokémon traveled through time to come from the future. It bolsters grass and trees with its own strength, and it can heal wounds, too."
Cobalion:
"This Pokémon appears in a legend alongside Terrakion and Virizion, fighting against humans in defense of the Unova region's Pokémon."
"From the moment it's born, this Pokémon radiates the air of a leader. Its presence will calm even vicious foes."
Terrakion:
"It has phenomenal power. It will mercilessly crush anyone or anything that bullies small Pokémon."
"In Unovan legend, Terrakion battled against humans in an effort to protect other Pokémon."
Virizion:
"A legend tells of this Pokémon working together with Cobalion and Terrakion to protect the Pokémon of the Unova region."
"It darts around opponents with a flurry of quick movements, slicing them up with its horns."
Keldeo:
"Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion taught this Pokémon how to fight. It dashes across the world, seeking more opportunities to further its training."
"They say that Keldeo must survive harsh battles and fully develop the horn on its forehead before this Pokémon's true power will awaken."
"Keldeo has strengthened its resolve for battle, filling its body with power and changing its form."
"The power that lay hidden in its body now covers its horn, turning it into a sword that can slice through anything."
Reshiram:
"Flames spew from its tail as it flies through the sky like a jet airplane. It's said that this Pokémon will scorch the world."
"According to myth, if people ignore truth and let themselves become consumed by greed, Reshiram will arrive to burn their kingdoms down."
Zekrom:
"When the interior part of its tail spins like a motor, Zekrom can generate many bolts of lightning to blast its surroundings."
"Mythology tells us that if people lose the righteousness in their hearts, their kingdoms will be razed by Zekrom's lightning."
Kyurem:
"Dwelling within it is a power even greater than that of Reshiram or Zekrom, but the extreme cold keeps that power bound."
"It appears that this Pokémon uses its powers over ice to freeze its own body in order to stabilize its cellular structure."
W-Kyurem:
"The sameness of Reshiram's and Kyurem's genes allowed Kyurem to absorb Reshiram. Kyurem can now use the power of both fire and ice."
"It has foreseen that a world of truth will arrive for people and Pokémon. It strives to protect that future."
B-Kyurem:
"It's said that this Pokémon battles in order to protect the ideal world that will exist in the future for people and Pokémon."
"The sameness of Zekrom's and Kyurem's genes allowed Kyurem to absorb Zekrom. Kyurem can now use the power of both electricity and ice."
Cosmog:
"This Pokémon came from another universe. Its gaseous body is so light that even a gentle breeze can blow it away."
"Cosmog is very curious but not very cautious, often placing itself in danger. If things start to look dicey, it teleports away."
Cosmoem:
"The absorption of starlight fuels this Pokémon's growth. The shell that encases it is harder than any known material."
"It sucks in dust from the air at an astounding rate, frantically building up energy within its core as preparation for evolution."
Solgaleo:
"When light radiates from its body, this Pokémon could almost appear to be the sun. It will dispel any darkness and light up the world."
"Solgaleo was once known as the Beast That Devours the Sun. Energy in the form of light radiates boundlessly from it."
Lunala:
"Known as the Beast That Calls the Moon, this Pokémon lives by taking in any and all light and converting it into its own energy."
"It steals the light from its surroundings and then becomes the full moon, showering its own light across the night sky."
Necrozma:
"It survives by absorbing light. After a long time spent slumbering underground, impurities accumulated within it, causing its body to darken."
"It needs light to survive, and it goes on a rampage seeking it out. Its laser beams will cut anything to pieces."
"When it dominates Solgaleo, it takes on this form. It's a vicious Pokémon, mangling prey with its many claws—including those on its back."
"Necrozma has attached itself to Solgaleo. It siphons away its host's limitless energy, exploiting that energy to fuel a rampage."
"Necrozma has subjugated Lunala entirely, forcing the unfortunate Pokémon to emit its light energy for Necrozma to consume."
"When Necrozma latches on to Lunala, it becomes vicious, seeing enemies everywhere it looks. It will burn the world with lasers."
Marshadow:
"By slipping into the shadow of a martial arts master and copying their movements, this Pokémon learned the ultimate techniques."
"This Pokémon can conceal itself in any shadow, so it went undiscovered for a long time."
Zeraora:
"It runs as fast as lightning strikes, shredding its opponents with its high-voltage claws."
"Electricity sparks from the pads on its limbs. Wherever Zeraora runs, lightning flashes and thunder echoes."
Meltan:
"It dissolves and eats metal. Circulating liquid metal within its body is how it generates energy."
"They live as a group, but when the time comes, one strong Meltan will absorb all the others and evolve."
Melmetal:
"At the end of its life-span, Melmetal will rust and fall apart. The small shards left behind will eventually be reborn as Meltan."
"Centrifugal force is behind the punches of Melmetal's heavy hex-nut arms. Melmetal is said to deliver the strongest punches of all Pokémon."
G-Max Melmetal:
"In a distant land, there are legends about a cyclopean giant. In fact, the giant was a Melmetal that was flooded with Gigantamax energy."
"It can send electric beams streaking out from the hole in its belly. The beams' tremendous energy can vaporize an opponent in one shot."

"Centrifugal force is behind the punches of Melmetal's heavy hex-nut arms. Melmetal is said to deliver the strongest punches of all Pokémon."

Interesting. That scales Melmetal above Machamp and any legendary that punches then. You could possibly scale Sivally in the anime to this, considering it tanked multiple blows by Melmetal. Also, if you ignore the manga scaling, this could scale to Anime Kukui's Incineroar (and maybe entire team) as well as SM Ash.

Very interested in seeing Gigantamax Melmetal in PM2019. Really hope it comes back.

Yes, which is why I said 'ignoring manga scaling'.

I honestly vehemently disagree with how the Wiki scales Legendaries across different canons, which have different authors and quality control, but I digress.

I don't blame ya. Scaling pokémon is really hard because of several continuities and the fact that we treat every one of them as cannon

Drite77 said:
I don't blame ya. Scaling pokémon is really hard because of several continuities and the fact that we treat every one of them as canno
That's because it crossovers with itself all the time.

CryoTheMayo said:
Yes, which is why I said 'ignoring manga scaling'.
I honestly vehemently disagree with how the Wiki scales Legendaries across different canons, which have different authors and quality control, but I digress.
Oh, I missed that part.

What kind of this so-called "manga scaling" is being used on Melmetal's page? It's scalled to the Ash vs. Gladion fight during the Alola League, not PokéSpe (has Melmetal even appeared there?).

holy shit i just thought of the perfect names for the gen 4 remakes.

lustrous pearl and adamant diamond.

Ionliosite said:
What kind of this so-called "manga scaling" is being used on Melmetal's page? It's scalled to the Ash vs. Gladion fight during the Alola League, not PokéSpe (has Melmetal even appeared there?).
I don't know the logic for Melmetal scaling. All of the Alola Legends and UBs, as well as Zygarde, now scale to 4-B due to Necrozma in the PokeSpe manga. Melmetal was also scaled to 4-B, but I don't recall Melmetal vs Sivally being used for that justification.

Also, I know this is for SwSh but seeing as it relates to the SwSh era anime...

What exactly would Ash's ability to hear Lugia and detect Ivysaur's emotions in Episode 2 and 3 of the anime be? Telepathy and Empathy? I assume the anime will explain it by the Ho-Oh episode (Episode 9) but I'm curious how others would judge it so far.

Arceus0x said:
Overall: The game gets an 8.2/10.
I hard disagree with your overall take on this game. It's a good game because Pokemon will always be fun, but it absolutely doesn't meet Nintendo's standard of quality, and I think anyone would be hard-pressed to say it's worth the full $60 dollars.

The graphics look better than the previous games because they have an HD render curtain thrown over them. But compare it to BoTW, Odyssey, or Smash Ultimate, and it completely fails to measure up. Some of the character animations look pretty nice, and the gigamax animations and attacks were pretty cool, but everything else ranges from okay to awful.

As for the Pokemon models, they get a ton of scrutiny because Game Freak said they were remaking them from scratch in order to make them more lively, yet thanks to dataminers we have hard evidence that their excuse was a flat-out lie. Graphics alone are a trivial issue, but improving the visuals was one of the reasons Game Freak offered to justify Dexit. Yet the graphics are utterly unacceptable by the standards of a AAA titles on the Switch, let alone one being made by the company that owns the highest grossing franchise in all of history.

As for the game itself, it's riddled with hand holding and railroading. It felt like several times per hour, I encountered Hop and had to sit through a ton of dialog and exposition. For me, half the enjoyment of a Pokemon game came from being able to explore, yet there are multiple times in the game where you're not allowed to enter a certain area because the plot doesn't want you to yet, and you're only allowed to catch certain Pokemon once you've reached a certain part of the game. If I walk into a cave and get wiped out by an over-leveled enemy, let me make that mistake, and if I manage to catch an over-leveled wild Pokemon, I deserve it.

The battle system is still pretty great, though. No complaints there. And the exp. share means getting all of your Pokemon into shape to take on the next gym doesn't take ten years. But here, it's like the game doesn't expect you to do any grinding at all. It felt like I did minimal grinding and still ended up immensely overleveled the next time I fought Hop, and basically one-shot my way through most of the game. It's far too easy, and I think it would've benefited from difficulty settings.

Compared to previous titles in the series, Sword and Shield is basically just charging you 20 extra dollars for less content. Nobody is wrong to enjoy or love the game; I love it too, but it could've been much better. Regardless of where you stand, the important issue is that Game Freak is blatantly lazy and dishonest. Many of the game's biggest flaws are symptoms that the future of the series isn't too bright.

I don't know the logic for Melmetal scaling. All of the Alola Legends and UBs, as well as Zygarde, now scale to 4-B due to Necrozma in the PokeSpe manga. Melmetal was also scaled to 4-B, but I don't recall Melmetal vs Sivally being used for that justification.

Melta's profile outright says he's scaled to Sivally.

Attack Potency: Building level (Comparable to baby Pokémon such as Cleffa) | Solar System level (Fought Silvally)

Back