• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SPOILER] Pokémon SW/SH thread 2 [SPOILER]

All I know is 10-C AP, and probably somewhere in 7 or 6 in Dura.

If we knew how hard Dragapult launch them, a lowball estimate could be calced from that.

Just wanted to post this real quick, this is Golisopod's Shield entry

"They live in sunken ships or in holes in the seabed. When Golisopod and Grapploct battle, the loser becomes the winner's meal."

Looks like Grapploct can be solidly scaled to Golisopod

Theres also the fact that apparently Bisharp and Fraxure fight a lot, so would that mean anything for 2nd stage evolutions like the Haxorus line?

The real cal howard said:
Dreepy. What tier should that be in durability given it's launched from Dragapult?
I'm not sure. But it would mean scaling Dreepy to Dragapult as well since Dreepy can damage other Dreepy.

Also, this is unrelated, but they're everywhere on surprise trade. I've already lost count over how many Dreepy I've gotten over the past week. I don't understand what everyone's deal with Dreepy is.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
I don't understand what everyone's deal with Dreepy is.
They are among the most precious things on Galar, second only to Snom.

Also this is an absolutely beastly pseudolegend line. If just Dragapult could learn Shadow Claw...

i like how dragapult is absolutely beastly in competitive and has a base stat total equal to MEW albeit alocated in different areas i also like how it has the same typing as giratina.

Lavcore said:
i like how dragapult is absolutely beastly in competitive and has a base stat total equal to MEW albeit in alocated in different areas i also like how it has the same typing as giratina.
That's because it's a Pseudolegend. And dead. Also dead.

Assuming a history similar to Diplocaulus (which it is based on), the last Dragapult died 270 million years ago, technically making it a fossil Pokemon. Just a fun fact.

Lavcore said:
can't forget the dead pokemon like yamask that is literally a dead human turned pokemon.
Also, Phantump is the spirit of a child who died in the woods and possessed a tree stump.

Appletun profile when and its because it makes winds stronger they anything on the planet and as that scales to luga

Hatterene and Grimmsnarl aren't even all that IMO.

If anything, Toxtricity is more fitting and looks better than Grimmsnarl IMO.

It didn't say "winds stronger than anything on the planet". It said "winds stronger than any hurricane", which could just mean any naturally occurring hurricane, or any hurricane that a normal Pokemon can create.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that we've always assumed legendaries were far superior to normal Pokemon. If you want me to believe Dynamaxing is the one to finally break that rule, then you'll need some hard evidence. If there are any statements specifically mentioning Lugia or that Gigantamax Pokemon can match or surpass legendary Pokemon, then I'll gladly concede and accept this feat. But currently that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm still going to write it into the profile I'm making right now because it seems to be the general consensus here, but I personally am not going to be jumping on that bandwagon until further evidence is provided.

I agree it's odd, but scaing them to actual Hurricanes makes them far weaker than regular 2nd stage Pokemon, so I just went with it. We could just give them the Dynamax treatment (I'm going to get the ability page added soon, so that'll be added to the Pokemon profiles), and just scaling durability since, if I remember correctly, Gigantamax doesn't provide an attack boost either?

you ever wonder why only the gen 7 protagonist has a profile and not the player characters from gen 2-8?

also that gen 7 protag profile is outdated as hell, Sun and Moon are listed as only 5-B even though they have solgaeo and lunala plus many others.

listen if a trainer can be named after a goddamn color then the gen 7 protags sure as hell can be named after a satellite and a star.

Ionliosite said:
Melta's profile outright says he's scaled to Sivally.

Attack Potency: Building level (Comparable to baby Pokémon such as Cleffa) | Solar System level (Fought Silvally)
Don't really understand the Anime scaling then. Pikachu and Naganadel aren't 4-B for fighting Tapu Koko and Guzzlord. Incineroar isn't 4-B for easily beating Melmetal and so on. I know Zeraora was upgraded to 5-B (now 4-B) for doing the exact same feats as Pikachu though.

Back