• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, that was just the NPC missing the shot/game mechanics. This is quite a normal thing for any shooting game type scenaro

Well he does see them in slow motion and when he switches between targets he moves much faster than how he sees the bullet come towards him. Check this clip here

https://youtu.be/VU1vbPbm9r4

Skip to 9:33 to see it. If he moves that fast when he swaps targets I think it's pretty clear he's faster than what we gave him credit for. I mean he is physically moving his body and not just his arms. And keep in mind while he's moving this fast his surroundings are still in slow motion.

NVM, John Marston now legit has feats of outrunning bullets. He literally outruns multiple of them while Micah quickfires, straight at him with no time to aim-dodge, and up close. You can also outrun bullets on foot in-game. Neat.

First we'll have to figure out the rounds Marston outpaces. This means his movement speed as a whole goes up.

At the very least, him being At least Subsonic+ seems good, since it wasn't uncommon for revolver rounds to hit over 300 m/s back in the early 20th century.

Also, apparently, Marston's Explosive Rifle is based on a German anti-materiel rifle which could shoot rounds in excess of 900 m/s (Supersonic+ attack speed is a definite yes).

So that's his running speed. Now for his reflex speed which is clearly faster than his running speed via scalng not only with his running speed but also with the videos I sent I think it's fair to say he has supersonic reflexes minimum.

Also, I think we can add an attacking speed for their weapons, since they're very much based on real-life ones like the Winchester Rifle and so forth.

Yeah, seems like it.

Arthur's best weapons would peak out at Supersonic, while John and Jack would have their best weapons peak out at Supersonic+.

EDIT: NVM, the Gewehr's caliber peaks out at 785 m/s, which serves as the basis for the Explosive Rifle.

Don't the NPC's occasionally carry the same weapons as jack or John? That said, with the way the player's body moves when it switches targets it's faster than the bullets that are fired towards them. Supersonic+ should be their reflex speed as well. I mean it's in the clips I sent above.

Actually, the Explosive Rifle, which is based on the Gewehr, is actually 785 m/s, and civillians don't carry the Explosive rifle around, but then again they do carry around the Winchester repeating Rifle and high-velocity rounds do exist for all of them so I don't know.

So I'd recommend At least Subsonic+, possibly Supersonic, higher with Dead Eye.

EDIT: I just checked, one of the revolvers are based on a 1873 Colt Revolver, primarily the Cattleman Revolver, which uses .45 Colt rounds and is spammed to hell and back in the entire RDR duology, AKA John would at the very least be Transonic.

That's that then. All that's left to do is carry the upgrades out.

The upgrades have been carried out. You can close this thread now, Ant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back