• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red Dead Revisions Part 2: Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so for the next part until the calculations for various speed and AP feats I'll handle this now along with a addition to Arthur's resistances and abilities.

Cowboy intelligence go brrrrr

I believe Arthur's intelligence should be adjusted. Gifted is somewhat of a low ball given that Arthur is someone who can pick up on subjects instantly, master abilities by seeing them used once despite the ability typically requiring decades to learn.

Arthur has also planned on some of the biggest missions in the game which involve things such as as raiding high secured prisons, military basis and banks that are notorious for being impossible to enter. Furthermore Arthur is capable of instantly learning how to use toxins and potent poisons despite never having dabbled with them before.

Arthur also well known for his intelligence outside of being thought to be a brute. Arthur was the only one in the gang that realized the days of the old west were coming to a plan, Dutch knew that Arthur was correct about everything including the days of the wild west coming to an end and Dutch's own mental downward incline which Dutch refuses to admit but ultimately knows Arthur is right.

Arthur was the one who originally pegged Micah of being the rat in the group, has vast knowledge on animal life with him studying all of the animals in Red Dead to the T. He's also capable of creating explosive weapons himself out of basic components.

Arthur is also capable of ending cold cases that the law haven't been to figure out for years. Such as Arthur finding the Serial killer and the slave catcher despite them being able to avoid the law for years.

Arthur is also a very sophisticated writer as one can tell by accessing his journal notes. There are over 400 pages in the journal he wrote.

Abilities and resistances

Arthur's Stealth Manipulation should be expanded. The feats found here involve much better feats of stealth than what's currently on the profile. Feats such as remaining undected in the dark while silently killing trained soldiers on the biggest military base in the game known as Fort Wallace. (Credit go @Zenkaibattery1 for supplying.)

Arthur should have poison manipulation as right now he only has resistance to it. Arthur can use poison arrows and later learns how to poison his blade. Javier stated the poison is potent to kill a Bear in a few seconds, a creature many times heavier than a human.

Another possible addition to Arthur's resistances would be resistance to Time Manipulation as Arthur can seemingly move around faster than others caught in the time slow of Dead-Eye without much trouble. Notably you seem to move much faster than your opponents while in Dead-Eye.

Furthermore another Dead-Eye user John grabs the gun off a body before it falls down while Arthur's dead eye is active and then shoots someone before it ends.

Arthur should also get Vehicular Master as he's a very talented horse rider, can ride wagons, trains and stagecoaches with easy. Even being able to control hot air balloons despite never using one.

Aside from that I'm also thinking him and John should get resistance to enhanced senses via scent cover up's. By using scent cover ups you essentially become undectable to various animals, most of which have significantly better senses than humans. Capable of killing animals such as the Legendary Panther without it noticing him.

Im of the belief that deadeye is really just busted perception manip and not time manip so I can't really speak much on the resistance part. As a gameplay mechanic rdr2's deadeye is kinda meh, arthur is as slow as everyone else and takes forever to shoot while in it. Comparing it to RDR1's deadeye john used to completely blitz people, shooting even faster than in real time. For comparison:

Rest looks good though.

Im of the belief that deadeye is really just busted perception manip and not time manip so I can't really speak much on the resistance part. As a gameplay mechanic rdr2's deadeye is kinda meh, arthur is as slow as everyone else and takes forever to shoot while in it. Comparing it to RDR1's deadeye john used to completely blitz people, shooting even faster than in real time. For comparison:

Rest looks good though.

So then perhaps only John would get it then? Iirc he's said to have learned an advanced version in the first Redemption game which could explain why he can run perfectly fine and attack faster in Dead-Eye in comparison to Morgan.

So then perhaps only John would get it then? Iirc he's said to have learned an advanced version in the first Redemption game which could explain why he can run perfectly fine and attack faster in Dead-Eye in comparison to Morgan
Rdr1's deadeye is leaps and bounds superior to 2's. Hard to get anything conclusive out of that though. There are some things of note tho, rdr2's second form of deadeye is actually the first form of deadeye john unlocks in 1. And john trained under Landon too.

I'd say gameplay mech thing at the end of the day, because otherwise it becomes some boring arthur vs john debate and people get in their feelings over that.

Rdr1's deadeye is leaps and bounds superior to 2's. Hard to get anything conclusive out of that though. There are some things of note tho, rdr2's second form of deadeye is actually the first form of deadeye john unlocks in 1. And john trained under Landon too.

I'd say gameplay mech thing at the end of the day, because otherwise it becomes some boring arthur vs john debate and people get in their feelings over that.
So your suggestion is that they have the same Dead-Eye?

I'd personally say it's a little bit of mechanics as they probably wanted to make it smoother in 2, and Dead Eye in 1 from the beginning is more snappy and iirc John didn't do much gunslinging in between 2 and 1. Though, I do agree that post Landon Ricketts and as the game went on he definitely got better and more snappy, probably better than Arthur but yeah, that gets into a messy Arthur vs John debate again.

Edit: DDM off site told me i can apply this after grace, so I will consider it grace from KingTempests comment, so about another 24 hours
Edit: Ah, grace is from the start of the thread

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back