• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red Dead Redemption: Dead-Eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, after seeing the argument develop I’m gonna have to disagree with the elimination of dead eye. Now it being time manipulation is a bit eh but I’m sure this can be discussed.

You just said it yourself. It's fiction, Dead-Eye doesn't need to align with real life standards. They can be shooting lasers and it wouldn't impact anything since it's fiction.
That doesn't mean you have to accept an ability that doesn't exist in the lore.

Not really, just because you can slow down time doesn't give you perfect accuracy.
This is much easier said than done. You obviously don't have any experience with firearms do you? You still need to be skilled enough to get a shot in, even if you could slow down time you'd still need to be able to aim properly and know what your doing. That's a pretty shitty "simple explanation." you concluded yourself.
John Marston already has experience with guns. When time slows down or stops you have time to aim better at the target and take your time to shoot, it doesn't make sense that the guy has to learn to aim better when he already has some accuracy and that he can slow down time to make it easier for him.

Doesn’t exactly matter here, the game acknowledges its existence in numerous instances.
The game yes, not the lore of the game.The game also talks about eating to heal serious gunshot wounds and in it you can come back to life every time you die. That doesn't mean Arthur has Low-Mid regen or Type 4 immortality.

Because it is, shockingly, a game first before a feat sanctuary. Arthur is the same person who can fight off a bear in a story mandated cutscene, yet struggled to fight off a knife and needed Eagle Flies to save him. Concessions must be made for the sake of a game.
Arthur can survive being confronted by a bear with a knife, not with his bare hands and sheer strength.
The combination of the fact that the Dead Eye is never mentioned in the game + that Arthur or John never use it in cutscenes to get out of perilous situations just proves that it's not canon.

Again, a game.
This argument does not work when nothing points to the existence of this capacity. CIS or PIS exist can be taken into account yes, but if the Dead Eye is canon it makes RDR games full of it, and at this point it no longer makes any sense.

At this point this looking more and more like a massive argument from incredulity at first glance.
There's still no evidence of this in the lore. The argument from incredulity is just an argument that supports the non-existence of the Dead Eye.

I just find this comment hilarious and ironic given that he used "its fiction" as a argument for them being skilled but not for them manipulating time.

It's fiction, anything can and will happen. Just saying this in particular just makes the OP sound incredibly hypocritical.
Once again, the argument from unbelief is just a supporting argument.
"It's just fiction" is because it proves that John and Arthur's Superhuman Precision are valid because their feats are canon lore-wise. This is not the case with the Dead Eye.

That doesn't mean you have to accept an ability that doesn't exist in the lore.
This is a meaningless comment. The lore I'd apart of the game, the guidebook covers the game not the mechanics.
John Marston already has experience with guns.
Irrelevant. He has experience but Rdr2 John is by far from the best shooter. Hence why he needed training from Landon, a legendary gunslinger from the era of Red Harlow. Getting trained by a legend will increase anyone's accuracy.
When time slows down or stops you have time to aim better at the target and take your time to shoot.
Time slowing down just adds more time for action. It does not help you when it comes to aiming accurately. Time can be slowed infinitely, doesn't mean you can magically hit targets with precision.
doesn't make sense that the guy has to learn to aim better when he already has some accuracy and that he can slow down time to make it easier for him.
"Some accuracy." You just said it. John in Rdr2 doesn't have the best of accuracy, Arthur was still better along with other gunslingers because John in comparison is relatively young and not as experienced as the rest.

Post Landon training made John into a beast of a gunslinger while Pre Landon training John didn't have good accuracy. You can also tell the difference in accuracy while playing as John and Arthur.

Once again, the argument from unbelief is just a supporting argument.
"It's just fiction" is because it proves that John and Arthur's Superhuman Precision are valid because their feats are canon lore-wise. This is not the case with the Dead Eye.
Your backtracking now. First of all, argument from disbelief is not supportive evidence in any way shape or form.

Again this is the case for Dead-Eye you have yet to post actual evidence and sources for Dead-Eye being a simple game mechanic. Feel free to link me to where Rockstar ever came out and said "yeah guys this is just a game mechanic."

The fact that there isn't a "Dead-Eye" option in the games setting, while the rest of the mechanics are should be enough to put a steak through the heart of this "argument." you have no actual evidence or sources for these claims yet you continue to state them as if it's a fact.

This is a meaningless comment. The lore I'd apart of the game, the guidebook covers the game not the mechanics.

Irrelevant. He has experience but Rdr2 John is by far from the best shooter. Hence why he needed training from Landon, a legendary gunslinger from the era of Red Harlow. Getting trained by a legend will increase anyone's accuracy.

Time slowing down just adds more time for action. It does not help you when it comes to aiming accurately. Time can be slowed infinitely, doesn't mean you can magically hit targets with precision.

"Some accuracy." You just said it. John in Rdr2 doesn't have the best of accuracy, Arthur was still better along with other gunslingers because John in comparison is relatively young and not as experienced as the rest.

Post Landon training made John into a beast of a gunslinger while Pre Landon training John didn't have good accuracy. You can also tell the difference in accuracy while playing as John and Arthur.
Whether he is the best shooter or not doesn't matter, he still has a shot, so if time slows down it would be easier for him to aim for several targets because he will have more time.

Again this is the case for Dead-Eye you have yet to post actual evidence and sources for Dead-Eye being a simple game mechanic.
No, it's up to you to prove that it's not a gameplay mechanic, because the Dead Eye is already one by default because it's never mentioned or shown in the lore.

Feel free to link me to where Rockstar ever came out and said "yeah guys this is just a game mechanic."
Even if such proof existed you would never accept it lmao.

Whether he is the best shooter or not doesn't matter, he still has a shot, so if time slows down it would be easier for him to aim for several targets because he will have more time.
It does matter, accuracy is the main thing with firearms. Time slowing doesn't improve one's accuracy.
No, it's up to you to prove that it's not a gameplay mechanic.
That's not how that works bud. You're the one who made the claim, ergo you need to prove it. I never made the claim here, you're the one making a claim therefore you need to prove it. Burden of proof falls onto you for starting off by making the claim. Don't shift shit onto me whenever you're the OP who made the claim in the first place.
, because the Dead Eye is already one by default because it's never mentioned or shown in the lore.
That's not how defaults work. You can't assume it's a game mechanic despite it never being stated to be such or it never being shown in the game mechanics menu.
Even if such proof existed you would never accept it lmao.
Very mature comment. This definitely isn't a result of you being upset over not having any agreements to which you've expressed being upset over already. Real mature of you.

You do realize I could say the same thing about you correct? Anyway I'm about done talking to you here regarding this topic. I've said what I've needed to say and the majority seems to agree with me and Zenkai here so I see no need to go back and forth anymore.

Do me a solid and stop replying and instead let the users and staff here decide who they agree with.

Like I said I'm about done replying to the OP. At this point I'd rather not clog up with thread with ad infinitum for 5+ pages. I've made my arguments and the majority seem to agree with it so I'll simply let others decide what they agree with.

It does matter, accuracy is the main thing with firearms. Time slowing doesn't improve one's accuracy.
If you have no experience with guns yes, but that's not the case for John.

That's not how that works bud. You're the one who made the claim, ergo you need to prove it. I never made the claim here, you're the one making a claim therefore you need to prove it. Burden of proof falls onto you for starting off by making the claim. Don't shift shit onto me whenever you're the OP who made the claim in the first place.
That's not how defaults work. You can't assume it's a game mechanic despite it never being stated to be such or it never being shown in the game mechanics menu.
It is, otherwise any other game mechanic would be canon, and in this case Arthur would have dimensional storage, Low-Mid regeneration and type 4 immortality.

Very mature comment. You do realize I could say the same thing about you correct?
How? Whether Arthur and John have time manipulation or not doesn't bother me, unless there is evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:
It is, otherwise any other game mechanic would be canon, and in this case Arthur would have dimensional storage, Low-Mid regeneration or type 4 immortality.
1: Arthur has regeneration via vials already.

2: His bag doesn't meet the standards for Hammer-space. He can store shit in there, but not a crazy amount. The bag isn't connected to a dimension to hold items. It a normal bag, one that can't fit "hundreds" of items as you say either. There's a blatant weight limit to it.

But as I said I'm done talking with you here. Drop it and let others decide. I'm not trying to be here for pages on end with you.

1: Arthur has regeneration via vials already.

2: His bag doesn't meet the standards for Hammer-space. He can store shit in there, but not a crazy amount. The bag isn't connected to a dimension to hold items. It a normal bag, one that can't fit "hundreds" of items as you say either. There's a blatant weight limit to it.

But as I said I'm done talking with you here. Drop it and let others decide. I'm not trying to be here for pages on end with you.
It has mid-low regen, not low mid.

There is no need for a storage to be linked to another dimension for it to have this capacity:

"Dimensional Storage (also called Hammerspace or Magic satchel) is the ability to store as many items as one wishes in a sort of "storage area" without any regard for running out of room. Users are then able to summon the desired item(s) at their whim, making it seem as if they pulled each object out of thin air.

This ability is typically not used with any canonical explanations in fictional works."

But hey, if no mention in the lore is necessary to make an ability canon and the contradictions are not enough to remove it, I would do a crt to try to give Arthur all the abilities I mentioned above 👀

It has mid-low regen, not low mid.
The point

Your head.
It's self fulfilling. The name is Dimensional Storage, it involves placing items into another dimension. Hence why the temr "Storage area" is used. Someone with a normal bag wouldn't get Dimensional Storage since that ability, as the name implies is the ability to store items in a different dimension.
But hey, if no mention in the lore is necessary to make an ability canon and the contradictions are not enough to remove it, I would do a crt to try to give Arthur all the abilities I mentioned above 👀
Now your twisting words internationally here. Do yourself a favor and don't make comments like this, we can all see what your trying to do and it's honestly pathetic.

I'd rather you not make another Red Dead thread and I'm positive I'm not the only one with that opinion.

The point

Your head
You're the one who doesn't understand my point here.

Someone with a normal bag wouldn't get Dimensional Storage since that ability, as the name implies is the ability to store items in a different dimension.
Most characters with this ability have a normal sized storage and generally nothing explains how they can do this.
Arthur's Bag literally fits this description.

You're the one who doesn't understand my point here.
I fully understand, I just don't agree with them.
Most characters with this ability have a normal sized storage and generally nothing explains how they can do this.
Nope, most characters with hammer space literally get them from somethings that's connected to another dimension allowing for a near endless inventory.
Arthur's Bag literally fits this description.
Arthur's bag isn't connected to another dimension, now get back to the topic instead of derailing.

Nope, most characters with hammer space literally get them from somethings that's connected to another dimension allowing for a near endless inventory.
Reread the page:

This ability is typically not used with any canonical explanations in fictional works.

This means that most of the time the fictionnals works do not explain how this power works, they do not say that storage is linked to another dimension, like with the Mary Poppins bag. It's exactly the same as with Arthur Morgan.

Arthur's bag isn't connected to another dimension, now get back to the topic instead of derailing.
You are right, I will make another topic on this subject if the dead eye is accepted 👀

What am I twisting?
Don't act stupid please, we both know what you mean to do here.
The Dead Eye is accepted because a game tip mentions it.
No. It's accepted via the game tip stating time is slowed, almost the Guidebook statements from a canon source.
so why wouldn't that be the case for other abilities like immortality types 3 and 4 or dimensional storage?
Because Arthur isn't an immortal. Being immortal is more so a state of existence, Arthur can still biological die hence why he has "healing." Instead of immortality. The extent of this heal doesn't cover dismemberment hence why it's rated as such.

Reread the page:

This means that most of the time the fictionnals works do not explain how this power works, they do not say that storage is linked to another dimension, like with the Mary Poppins bag. It's exactly the same as with Arthur Morgan.
I don't need to reread it. I'm fully aware of the ability, again it needs to be connected to another "space" or dimension for it to be dimensional storage. Arthur isn't placing shit in another dimension, and now i know for a fact that you are intentionally derailing.
You are right, I will make another topic on this subject if the dead eye is accepted 👀
Cool. Can't wait for it to get rejected.

It's accepted via the game tip stating time is slowed
That's what I said lol. The game tips also mention everything I said, so in your logic it's also canon.

Because Arthur isn't an immortal. Being immortal is more so a state of existence, Arthur can still biological die hence why he has "healing." Instead of immortality. The extent of this heal doesn't cover dismemberment hence why it's rated as such.
There are several types of immortality. Type 3 immortality is regenerating from mortal wounds (which Arthur does in the game) and type 4 is being able to come back to life.

The extent of this heal doesn't cover dismemberment hence why it's rated as such.
Having your organs hit by bullets and regenerating from that is low-mid regen, so it's type 3 immortality

I don't need to reread it. I'm fully aware of the ability, again it needs to be connected to another "space" or dimension for it to be dimensional storage. Arthur isn't placing shit in another dimension, and now i know for a fact that you are intentionally derailing.
It's also not said that Mary Poppins' bag is linked to another dimension, would that mean that the character has no dimensional storage? No. It's the same for many other characters.

This has the same vibe as saying a feat or power not happening in cutscene is game mechanics and not canon
Certain abilities that do not appear in a cutscene are sometimes either mentioned by characters or have a lore description, or both. The Dead Eye has none of the three.

Yeah not falling for the OP's blatant bait lol. They just wanna derail here to avoid the fact that nobody is agreeing with their points.

Like I said I'm done replying here.

They just wanna derail here to avoid the fact that nobody is agreeing with their points.
I'm making comparisons to prove how stupid it is to accept the Dead Eye as canon.

If Arthur has time manipulation, he also has immortality 3 and 4 and dimensional storage because the arguments are the same.

I'm making comparisons to prove how stupid it is to accept the Dead Eye as canon.

If Arthur has time manipulation, he also has immortality 3 and 4 and dimensional storage because the arguments are the same.
Not really. Arthur never regenerates missing limbs or anything of the sorts. His bag isn't connected to a dimension. now stop derailing.
Yeah not falling for the OP's blatant bait lol. They just wanna derail here to avoid the fact that nobody is agreeing with their points.

Like I said I'm done replying here.

It regenerates from organ damage, so it's Type 3 immortality
Regenerating from organ damage isn't type 3 immortality. That's just healing which it already is.
His small bag contains dozens of objects, so it's enough to have dimensional storage by wiki standards
Not really. Arthur's bag isn't connected to another dimension, simply being able to carry items isn't sufficient enough for Dimensional Storage. Now for the love of God stop clogging this thread up with unnecessary comments.

My whole takeaway from this is that while yes it's stated that time slows down for Arthur I think interpreting it as Time Manipulation with much further proof is a bit eh. Perception Manipulation like it was feels like the perfect fit, but it just feels odds for Arthur to y'know, manipulate time and there's not even a light or joking mention of it in a mission or by an enemy.

Edit: I think dead eye is in fact a canon ability, I just don't think it's time manip

Last edited:
Regenerating from organ damage isn't type 3 immortality.
It is:
3: Immortality via regeneration: Characters with this type of immortality can simply regenerate from wounds that would normally be lethal, though its effectiveness depends on the degree of the regeneration.

Not really. Arthur's bag isn't connected to another dimension, simply being able to carry items isn't sufficient enough for Dimensional Storage.
Mary Poppins has dimensional storage because her little bag can include lots of objects, and yet it is never said that her bag is another dimension.
So it's the same for Arthur.

It's not. Spilt Regeneration, Immortality and healing for a reason. Arthur isn't Regenerating, he's healing himself via vials.
Mary Poppins has dimensional storage because her little bag can include lots of objects, and yet it is never said that her bag is another dimension.
So it's the same for Arthur.
For the love of God, and for the last damn time. STOP DERAILING. Mary has a magic bag, Arthur does not.

It's not. Spilt Regeneration, Immortality and healing for a reason. Arthur isn't Regenerating, he's healing himself via vials.
His profile literally says that Arthur has mid-low regeneration because he can regenerate on his own without medical help. Arthur can regenerate from gunshot wounds that affect organs.

For the love of God, and for the last damn time. STOP DERAILING.
In that case stop answering me lmao

Mary has a magic bag, Arthur does not.
Since when do you need magic to have supernatural ability?

Regenerating from organ damage is Low-Mid. That's dismemberment and decapitation. Organ damage is already covered by his current rating which is should be healing.
You're completely ignoring the regeneration standards of the wiki lmao. Regenerating from a decapitation is Mid, regenerating from minor organ damage is High-Low, regenerating from severe organs damage is Low-Mid, it's literally written here:

High-Low: The ability to regenerate severed fingers, toes, or ears, minor organ damage, and even potentially reattach lost limbs. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating some interior damage, along with some minor critically damaged or destroyed parts.
Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, limited brain damage, and even severe organ damage or destruction, including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection.
Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

My whole takeaway from this is that while yes it's stated that time slows down for Arthur I think interpreting it as Time Manipulation with much further proof is a bit eh. Perception Manipulation like it was feels like the perfect fit, but it just feels odds for Arthur to y'know, manipulate time and there's not even a light or joking mention of it in a mission or by an enemy.

Edit: I think dead eye is in fact a canon ability, I just don't think it's time manip
This makes sense.

You're completely ignoring the regeneration standards of the wiki lmao. Regenerating from a decapitation is Mid, regenerating from minor organ damage is High-Low, regenerating from severe organs damage is Low-Mid, it's literally written here:
Arthur is healing from major organ damage. It's not me ignoring standards, it's me actually reading them.

Honestly you can take several seats kiddo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back