• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Speed update at Nanatsu in Taizai

@Dooyo FT hasn't been HS since years now. I have several problems with their current standings, but at the moment FT starts slightly faster than lightning and the highest feat to date is Mach 6000, around 5x faster than BoS.

It was accepted before as Sub Rel which isn't as far considering it's around 7x from BoS while Erza's feat was EoS.

But let's not bring FT here. I know many people hate me when I dig my nose in it.

For this case, I don't see this feat as an outlier, but some people argued that the actual calc might be flawed.

Muuuuh said:
The Prince of Counters said:
I'm gonna be blunt here for a moment. The argument that something can't be an outlier if it's done by a god tier makes absolutely no ******* sense and is a argument that's easily abused to excuse swank. If the feat is thousands upon thousands times higher than previous feats then it's an outlier regardless of what you say. The difference between low end MHS+ to Rel is massive regardless of who performed it.
I agree with the first part, but to be categorized as outlier it is necessary that with some frequency they have problems with lower speed
Dude, you realize with your logic, several verses will get direct downgrade from now lol.

my comment was about ppl using galands 3k feat to say the jump is too high when in fact ludo should be double galands speed

1997KD said:
Dooyo said:
Fairy Tail jumped from MHS to Relatisvistic speed too at the end of the manga with Irene feat and Erza reacting to it with broken bones lol. Let's remind that Irene was just a top tier, not God tier like Acno and Fairy Heart Zeref.

People saying that it is outlier even when it comes from a God Tier character like Demon Lord Meliodas, yes, this chapter once again comfirmed by the mouth of his Father that he is a Demon Lord too and the world is rejecting him because he is too powerful to stay there for more than a day. Meaning that EOS Meliodas isn't a top tier in his verse but a GOD TIER.

That is double standard.
Wut? FT Is still mhs+
Well buddy, it isn't thanks to Irene meteor feat and Erza reacting to it.

But of course, this forum has zero problem with it lol.

I'm gonna be blunt here for a moment. The argument that something can't be an outlier if it's done by a god tier makes absolutely no ******* sense and is a argument that's easily abused to excuse swank. If the feat is thousands upon thousands times higher than previous feats then it's an outlier regardless of what you say. The difference between low end MHS+ to Rel is massive regardless of who performed it.
What? So if a fodder gets a MHS feat and a God Tier gets a MFTL feat, then you call that an outlier? How does that make any sense? Do you expect all characters in a series to be the exact same speed as each other?

I agree with applying this upgrade as well. This literally only scalea to the God Tiers of the series and I see no problem with the numerical difference between previous feats.

The outlier argument just make sense to me. If there was some contradiction, I'd understand but this doesn't contradict anything.

Dooyo said:
Muuuuh said:
I agree with the first part, but to be categorized as outlier it is necessary that with some frequency they have problems with lower speed
Dude, you realize with your logic, several verses will get direct downgrade from now lol.

No, because both you and the people saying you are an outlier are incorrect about how to rate an outlier. It takes another smaller-scale feat to disqualify the previous one and it is classified as outilier. Being god tier does not prevent being outlier, being a big leap among the other feats of the series does not qualify as outlier.

GalaxianAegis said:
I agree with applying this upgrade as well. This literally only scalea to the God Tiers of the series and I see no problem with the numerical difference between previous feats.
The outlier argument just make sense to me. If there was some contradiction, I'd understand but this doesn't contradict anything.
I agreed. Now, it is more or less my point, if a feat is not contradicted nor inconsistent, thn it should not be an outlier; of course, this case is still judged on a case by case basis.

welp, got in here to see the thread seemingly burning, gonna be honest I think saying the result is an outlier is completely wrong. It is what a couple hundred times faster than their current? and this is after multiple power ups and blitz chains. And this is only done by the God tiers of the verse.

Also I dont remember Authur and the sound thing, so a scan would be nice.

That being said, I have issues with the calc it self. The lightning has already being established ti be struggling to even approach them in the very first scan where it hits everything but the lake they are standing on. This is further shown when Mel's very aura causes the water move in waves around him. Then when the lightning attempts to strike, you can see the lines from mel and the DK essentialy overpowering it and causing it to split around them in several smaller bolts. Essentuially what I am saying is that I feel the assumption using the scaling of the height between them and the panel(especially after the next panel has the lightning a bit higher up than it was, either an art mistake or they actually forced it back) could be fundamentally wrong and possibly inflates the results. That being said if I am wrong then I have no issues with the result given, it is clear that they should be much much faster by now.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't see this as an outlier if the calculation is fine

It would only be an outlier if the god tiers had scaling/calculations at and to the level of MHS+, but they don't, they scale far above it and there's no inconsistency with the DK and Mel being pretty much the only ones who scale

Rocker1189 you're right about that, that's why the first calculation was not used, because the barrier seems to push the beam. This calculation we discussed does not count with the barrier page, but rather the moment before as honey and DK collide, looking at the panel the lightning does not appear then that distance is still counted as the minimum distance between the two and the lightning.

Yes, I got that I am just saying that it is extremely unreliable with how the lightning seems even further away after the zoom in to DK and Mel fighting.

Huh. I think you might be right actually. That would invalidate the calc if it is true.

There is nothing uncertain, it is very simple to understand.

Scan 1

Meliodas heading towards the DK, the lightning is above them, then the lightning distance to the DK was calculated.

Scan 2

Meliodas and DK are facing each other, so the distance from the DK to the top screen was calculated, as lightning was not on the screen, so it did not cross that distance.

Yeah again I understand the calc, my issue is the fact that we know their aura is forcing the lightning away from them by the very first scsn. This could be why it appears frozen. And it does not help that after the clash it seems further away from them as it splits.

It seems you did not understand what happened on the scene.
Their aura does not force the lightning away, so much so that when the aura strikes the lightning, it rises and spreads.

Except in the very first scan the lightning does not hit the lake at all, unless it was some weird luck going on there. It literally circles he lake.

Rocker1189 said:
Except in the very first scan the lightning does not hit the lake at all, unless it was some weird luck going on there. It literally circles he lake.
Well obviously since Meliodas blitzed it before it actually hit it.

Their aura dispersed the lightning after it almost come down.

I'll explain what happened scan by scan.

Scan 1

Meliodas and DK are facing each other, the lightning is then shown traveling in the corner of the panel.

Scan 2

Meliodas fly at DK, the lightning is above both.

Scan 3

Meliodas and DK swap punches

Scan 4

The impact of the two punch causes the water to rise behind DK.

Then it is shown to leave an aura of the two. This aura is shown to go in the direction of lightning

Scan 5

The aura hits the lightning, causing it to rise and spread everywhere.

Rocker1189 said:
Yes, I got that I am just saying that it is extremely unreliable with how the lightning seems even further away after the zoom in to DK and Mel fighting.

I do not think this would invalidate the calculation, the lightning is further away in that image because it is pushed by the barrier of Meliodas, in the current calculation the distance was measured before the barrier was created. And the initial distance continues higher than the final as expected.

I think what's going on here is that Rocker thinks that Meliodas didn't blitz the lightning. He thinks that his aura managed to halt the lightning which made it look like he blitzed the lightning.

Peter1129 said:
I think what's going on here is that Rocker thinks that Meliodas didn't blitz the lightning. He thinks that his aura managed to halt the lightning which made it look like he blitzed the lightning.
He blitzed the lightning since the lightning went down way before Meliodas even move.

Meliodas blitzed that distance way before the lightning finish his course.

@Dooyo pretty much said my thoughts. It's entirely possible that Meliodas still intercepted the lightning and it became stuck afterwards.

I think that it pretty much had to happen that way anyways as the aura didn't start affecting the lightning until after Meliodas and the Demon King began to clash.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I see what Rocker is saying and it indeed is a possibility, wouldn't this make the feat unusable (At least until anime)?
It makes no sense, if the lightning had interacted with the aura before, it would happen what happened in the scene where the lightning is dispersed in several directions;

The problem with this line of thinking is that the images used to calculate the lightning motion are from before Meliodas creates the barrier, these:

https://s8.mkklcdnv8.com/**********...e_free/chapter_314_merciless_salvation/13.jpg

https://s8.mkklcdnv8.com/**********...e_free/chapter_314_merciless_salvation/15.jpg

At that moment Meliodas had not even touched the lightning, it does not make sense to disqualify because of it.

Stop with this denial for those who are calling this either an outlier or even a false feat. As theres nothing to suggest any of these counter arguments.

It makes no sense, if the lightning had interacted with the aura before, it would happen what happened in the scene where the lightning is dispersed in several directions;

Exactly this, the bolt would have split if what rocker said was true

Therefore the speed is legit

are ppl stupid? the lightning came down before they even moved , mel then moved and clashed then the force of their attacks aka the barrier came and split the lightning... its literally in the scans why we fighting about it? are you guys blind?

20190613 142323 rmedited
The lightning distance from dkzel and mel in both picture is different, look at before after there clash, if lightning was nearly stopped, how it's distance changed? Or it a author error( like bleach series)

If the lightning was pushed back instead of just being stopped, that would explain why the lightning appears further away.

As I said before, the calculation does not use this image that you showed as a base, I do not know why you are using it as an argument. The distance is calculated by the scalind pixel in the images I showed above.

This image that you showed is after the barrier was created, the barrier pushed everything around, logically the lightning is further away since the barrier pushed back and caused it to divide.

If I am understanding correctly, the calc assumed that the lightning had barely moved any distance, because in one shot it was closer to Meliodas while in the next shot it was further away...which is kinda faulty

From what others have pointed out and what things look like to me personally, it seems the lightning was pushed away from the characters as opposed to being frozen in place or just moving in a very slow pace

In which case it can't really be determined how much distance the lightning moved between the scans except that it's lower than the distance there was between meliodas and the lightning in the first scan

Back