• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spectacular Samurai 8 Hachimaru Edition General Discussion

I don't think Samurai soul is included in that because Daruma called it the "Courage" of a Samurai. Unless we assuming Courage is a tangible thing. But I do see what you mean.

B023 said:
I don't think Samurai soul is included in that because Daruma called it the "Courage" of a Samurai. Unless we assuming Courage is a tangible thing. But I do see what you mean.
He does not mean it is the literal courage of a samurai lol. It is just what their main weapon is, since a non samurai soul made sword is considered blunt to them.

Planet Level | Massively faster than light + | decent hax

This series is starting off pretty good. Already a decently powerful verse.

He does not mean it is the literal courage of a samurai lol. It is just what their main weapon is, since a non samurai soul made sword is considered blunt to them.

Thanks for letting me know. I really need to read again. For some reason, I did not pick up on this in my original reading

Its ok, there is quite a lot of info in the manga, and upon rereading for the blog there is qite a lot I am finding out (like the h-particles).

TheFinalOrder said:
The Samurai Soul isn't Cybernetic. It is clearly an energy source though. I don't think Kishi will explain it either.
It is though, it is included as one of the cybernetic body parts.

Rocker1189 said:
TheFinalOrder said:
The Samurai Soul isn't Cybernetic. It is clearly an energy source though. I don't think Kishi will explain it either.
It is though, it is included as one of the cybernetic body parts.
Except it's not. Not even connected to anything so it's not Cybernetic nor does it act as a electronic device.

So, it's not. Also, Portrayal > Statement.

I would argue statement > portrayal. Also it is portrayed as a cybernetic device anyway.

Also it connects to stuff(like the bone handle or the space in their stomach), just not with anything tangible.

If it is just energy how can it fall on the floor and be held physically.

I actually agree that it's some kind of energy source. I just think it's tied into their cybernetic body somehow and not completely supernatural.

@TFO

My question is: Why couldn't it be a cybernetic energy source?

TheFinalOrder said:
All I said was it was an energy source. That's it. But it's not Cybernetic.
How is it not cybernetic? That makes no sense. If it is not supernatural, it has to be something.

There is a "Misconception" about what Cybernetics is here. It's not a Physical system nor an Energy Source. It's a catch all term for a school of thought. It's hard for me to describe but let me give you an example:

• "Metalcore" is subgenre of Rock Music. It is not a thing in and of itsel but describes the specific way the instruments and vocals work in that subgenre.
Am I making sense?

TheFinalOrder said:
There is a "Misconception" about what Cybernetics is here. It's not a Physical system nor an Energy Source. It's a catch all term for a school of thought. It's hard for me to describe but let me give you an example:
  • "Metalcore" is subgenre of Rock Music. It is not a thing in and of itsel but describes the specific way the instruments and vocals work in that subgenre.
Am I making sense?
"A cyborg (/ˈsaɪbɔːrɡ/), short for "cybernetic organism", is a being with both organic and biomechatronic body parts. The term was coined in 1960 by Manfred Clynes and Nathan S. Kline.[1]

The term cyborg is not the same thing as bionic, biorobot or android; it applies to an organism that has restored function or enhanced abilities due to the integration of some artificial component or technology that relies on some sort of feedback.[2] While cyborgs are commonly thought of as mammals, including humans, they might also conceivably be any kind of organism."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg

I used cyborg since that was the official term to describe it.

I dont see how exactly you are disproving what we say based on what you said. It is a physical device, primarily mechanical as shown above where it is used to keep Hachimaru from dying with his weak body.

Hmm...this whole cybernetic samurai soul thing should probably be dealt with when we know more about them.

For now, we can just agree that they aren't traditional souls.

Rocker1189 said:
TheFinalOrder said:
Am I making sense?
"A cyborg (/ˈsaɪbɔːrɡ/), short for "cybernetic organism", is a being with both organic and biomechatronic body parts. The term was coined in 1960 by Manfred Clynes and Nathan S. Kline.[1]
The term cyborg is not the same thing as bionic, biorobot or android; it applies to an organism that has restored function or enhanced abilities due to the integration of some artificial component or technology that relies on some sort of feedback.[2] While cyborgs are commonly thought of as mammals, including humans, they might also conceivably be any kind of organism."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyborg

I used cyborg since that was the official term to describe it.

I dont see how exactly you are disproving what we say based on what you said. It is a physical device, primarily mechanical as shown above where it is used to keep Hachimaru from dying with his weak body.
A Samurai body is a Cybernetic System, but "Cybernetics", again, only describes the way that system works. It's not a thing.

The reason you have different terms for Robotic People (Androids, Cyborgs, etc ) is because those terms describes the way that specific system works.

A Samurai Soul is apart of a "Cybernetic System", sure...but it's not "Cybernetic". That's not a thing.

And considering it's physical and can connect to and power a system (As shown with Ronin pulling it out)

It's even more proof they're not actual "Souls".

The correct name of the main villain is Kala. This confirms the theory behind his connection with the Sanskrit God of Death and Time personified.

Kala has enough power to destroy entire stars.

Ata destroys planets.

Funny thing is, Kala definitely won't be the final villain. If Kala is easily a Star buster... Fudo or EOS Villain would definitely be at least Solar System... at least I hope so.

Back