• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spectacular Samurai 8 Hachimaru Edition General Discussion

Ata has statements he doesn't need a calc except for the the moon one which is waiting to get evaluated

Oof I jsut realized Ata is most likely stronger than Cat senpai!?ƒÿ│. It's makes sense why he joined a another school now. With that school Ata can destroy stars without the star breaker of Daruama.

So Ata uses both Kongo Yasha and Usu style which makes him a versatile and experienced asf fighter

I've been thinking what Ata's abilities will be beside his sword styles, I was thinking it'd be cool if he had a form of gravity manipulation or something like bfr. And it seems the princesses of a samurai can amp the samurai so we may see abilities from other samurai using their princess to amp their souls sword or something with the souls. It'd be sad if he's just fast and strong

Hmm. I don't think that the characters should actuall have Immunity to Soul Manipulation.

There was a weapon made specifically for sucking i and destroying samurai souls. So they can be manipulated.

At best they should have Resistance to it.

err no, I just explained what the samurai soul is, it is a cybernetic machine. as they said so in the imges I provided above.

so unless you think that normal soul attacks can affect cybernetic devices, which I would need proof of, they do not have anything similar to a normal soul.

We don't have any standards on what a soul should look like, the series calls it a soul which goes against the immunity you've given them.

Even digimon have souls and they're literal data, does it mean they're immune (most of them)?

Well, that's kind of the point.

You say "normal soul attacks don't normally affect cybernatic devices" but unlike ordinary cybernatic devices, Samurai are stated to have a kind of soul. I don't think this would mean they're immune to soul manipulation just because their soul is a bit different to other series interpretations of a soul.

Unless they stated that their Samurai Souls can't be manipulated / attacked.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
We don't have any standards on what a soul should look like, the series calls it a soul which goes against the immunity you've given them.
Even digimon have souls and they're literal data, does it mean they're immune (most of them)?
they do not have a soul though, they have already died, what they have is a device formed in their body called a samurai soul and even works independent from them as well as can be destroyed and taken from them without having an actual effect on their person, the only reason it Affected Ata himself there is because this Ata is a clone made specifically out of a samurai soul.

I am pretty sure that is because digimon literally have actual souls, not data souls. Also pretty sure to affect digimon souls you need data manipulation.

If you made a power source for a robot for example and called it a soul, would that mean that the robot now has a soul that can be soul haxxed? No it really does not. We are directly told it is a cybernetic device regardless of what it is called, their lives depends on a God called Acala/Fudo Myoo.

Damage3245 said:
Well, that's kind of the point.
You say "normal soul attacks don't normally affect cybernatic devices" but unlike ordinary cybernatic devices, Samurai are stated to have a kind of soul. I don't think this would mean they're immune to soul manipulation just because their soul is a bit different to other series interpretations of a soul.

Unless they stated that their Samurai Souls can't be manipulated / attacked.
No they are not, where is it said that they have a soul besides the Samurai soul which is the device they pull out.

Again, are you saying that soul manipulation would affect a machine?"A bit different" how is a mechanical part, "a bit different" to something that is metaphysical? I guess the engine of the car which is often called the soul of a car, can now be soul haxxed.

Because their Samurai soul is a machine.

Q: Do I think Samurai have souls in the same way HST characters have souls?

A: I don't think so. They aren't human at all and their bodies are mostly (If not fully) cybernetic. Even if we do consider samurai souls = traditional souls; we've seen that they can survive without them, use their own or others souls as weapons, and reconstruct them..so either way their souls aren't even comparable to those of traditional fiction.

YungManzi said:

A: I don't think so. They aren't human at all and their bodies are mostly (If not fully) cybernetic. Even if we do consider samurai souls = traditional souls; we've seen that they can survive without them, use their own or others souls as weapons, and reconstruct them..so either way their souls aren't even comparable to those of traditional fiction.
This.

Rocker1189 said:
Thanks for Ata and Daruma's pages, buddy! About Daruma you can also add these techniques:

• Tsumujikaze: Pack Whirlwind: A rising whirlwind attack. It is first seen against the Ronin.

• Blade Bark : A single stab with the blade that can create a force capable of pushing away a massive punch from a Guardian Holder.

• Disc Hunter: A 360 degree slashing attack, where the user rotates himself to do the full circle swing.

YungManzi said:
From where?

Samurai souls are more akin to their unique energy rather than a machine IMO. It's not a soul but not cybernetic either.

It is cybernetic though as they state their entire body is, this includes the samurai soul as it is in the same image.

Rocker1189 said:
It is cybernetic though as they state their entire body is, this includes the samurai soul as it is in the same image.
What chapter did they say Samurai Soul are Cybernetic? I don't recall.

Back