• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samurai 8 3rd CRT

YungManzi said:
Fate verse has some type 5's who aren't stated to be conceptually unbound by life and death. Forgot who, but it was discussed a while ago on a Yogiri Takatou thread with him vs a Nasuverse character.
Fairly sure the character you're referring to is Tiamat. Now, I don't know anything about Fate, but that seems like a bad example considering how the page specifically states she lacks a concept of death entirely, and that it needed to be forcibly imposed upon her so she could be killed.

Gonna be honest I read that thread and it did not exactly seem to go against the case with Hachimaru.

I was mostly addressing Yung's points there, not your reasoning for Type 5 which is largely very different. Just to clarify.

I don't know if it was Tiamat but, I am 100% positive it is not someone who lacks the concept of death.

I argued this for like hundreds of posts in the verses thread. And the entire discussion was about this topic. I'm not making this up.ƒÿñ

Agreed with everything except the points Sigurd brought up and that Ultima argued.

Also, if they don't comply with the definition of type 5, they simply don't and it needs to be removed. Two wrongs don't make a right and that should be rectified. If there's really any on the Fate side of things, I'll try to check later and tackle it if it needs tackling.

I don't really care about the fate thing I am arguing based on the definition we have for type 5.

Quantum Superimposition, which seems to be what they are going through at the moment, is a matter of being in multiple states of being at the same time. They don't really lack life or death, they are simply both things at once. Which one they actually end up as, is something that gets decided by observation.

If they are both, they are obviously not lacking in them. And if the possibilities collapse into one, they still are one or the other even if they fall on "Alive", so they still don't lack either.

Think of a coin that has Head and Tails, but is both until it is observed, It is not one or the other, it is both, it has both, and even when you see it and is only one, it is still one of the two. For type 5, you'd need to lack death, or simply be outside both of them. The coin would need to be blank on both sides.

So what ability is gained from being able to observe yourself as either dead or alive even when you are one of the other.

He was asked how old he was and answered how time is relative and how he is paradoxically both dead and alive and you know is the rest. Fudo Myoo also talked about how samurai and their thoughts and how they view themselves influence the universe around them on mobile right now but will grab the scans later. Unfortunately we may not know much more cause the series is getting cancelled next chapter, so this would likely be the most we know.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Agreed with everything except the points Sigurd brought up and that Ultima argued.
Also, if they don't comply with the definition of type 5, they simply don't and it needs to be removed. Two wrongs don't make a right and that should be rectified. If there's really any on the Fate side of things, I'll try to check later and tackle it if it needs tackling.
Said characters do comply with the definition of type 5. "The concept of death not applying to them" is something that was made up by some community members and isn't mentioned on the immortality page.

I'm not making a subjective argument here.

Rats ass, ****. I was liking the vibe of the samurai stuff a lot so I don't like this one bit.

Oh well. If nothing else, Type 7 should be A okay.

There was an entire thread on the subject already. Being both things is not really comparable at all to lacking both or, especifically, lacking death or being beyond it.

Not being mentioned in the immortality page doesn't mean it is unapplicable. They lack death, which falls under "being unbound by death". Being able to decide whether you are dead or alive and death being entirely unapplicable to you are 2 very different things. The first has no OFF button, so no ON button can exist, the second is always choosing on the ON button if it is actually a matter of choice, or having both pressed at the same time.

Well I'm not arguing for Hachimaru and Fudo having it. I'm just arguing against Ultima's earlier point on what i is.

'Not being mentioned in the immortality page doesn't mean it is unapplicable. They lack death, which falls under "being unbound by death". '

I also never said people who lack the concept of life and death don't have type 5. I'm just arguing that that's not what type 5 immortality is, based on the definition.

Ok if we want to revise type 5 can it be done elsewhere? I kinda just want to focus on the revisions for S8.

Everything but higher-dimensionality(I put it as a question so no surprise), type 5 and type 9 immortalities.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Well the 3 characters I looked at with type 5 all lack the concept of death.
"Second, this isn't regen. It's the physical inability to die by normal means due to either not being truly alive or being beyond the concept of death."

^From the thread where type 5 was created.

Also, Tiamat's type 5 scan mentions nothing about transcending the concept of death or lacking it. It just says "She will never experience death, as it's not in her nature".

She literally had to be imposed the concept of death by a dude that can kill abstract things :U. And things have obviously changed since the moment they were created.

Would you wanna try and bring some other people to comment or do you wanna apply the accepted stuff as it is, Rock?

Trying to get pictures for Hachi's new key, unfortunate we dont get a clear one for when he is possessing the brothers.

Not gonna lie pretty sad we wont get profiles for the school masters. Not without heavy downplay on their AP anyway.

Ah forgot one thing, what should I do about the void manip? I was thinking of putting it as limited and stating that there were no h-articles that made the original universe maybe even posting the statement of splitting space statement or shuld I just not have it at all, but not sure.

I assume everyone is fine with resistance to death and life manip for Hachi instead of the type 5.

Back