• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur: Re-Examining the Verse (again)

Kepekley23 said:
I have no issues with possibly 5-A.
What the hell was this argument for, then...? You could have just said that.

Anyway, I'm fine with "At least 5-B, possibly 5-A".

So then, this is where we are at.

God Tiers: Algol, Night Terror (At least Planet level, possibly Large Planet level) (For the reasons mentioned by Kep), Maybe Edge Master (Said that he was willing to fight Algol, but was not 100% positive he would win) "At least 5-B, possibly 5-A"

Top Tiers: Complete Soul Edge Nightmare, Complete Soul Calibur Siegfried, Complete Inferno, Elysium, Alpha Patroklos and Pyrrha Omega (Mountain level) (Scaled to Complete Inferno's 394 Megaton feat). So "7-A"

High Tier: Abyss (Mountain level) (Scaled to his very own 368 Megaton feat). So "7-A".

Low High Tiers: Incomplete Nightmare, Siegfried, Incomplete Inferno, Zasalamel, Z.W.E.I (Mountain level)(Scaled to half of Abyss' feat as it took Siegfried and Nightmare combined to defeat him. So 184 Megatons). So "7-A"

Mid Tiers: Everyone mentioned in my post above. (City level+) (Half of Incomplete Nightmare in which is 92 Megatons). So "7-B".

Low Tiers: Anyone not mentioned above. (Haven't been decided)

Kepekley23 said:
It's also not semantics, considering there's the possibility of High 5-A or even Low 4-C if that were indeed Jupiter.
Jupiter's GBE is like, 487 Yottatons though

@DMUA

Inverse square law is a thing. Destroying a three planet system with Jupiter in the edge would be easily High 5-A, if not higher.

Not sure how radiation that goes omnidrectionally becomes less intense exponentially as it goes further out from the source applies to GBE being literally GBE

Kepekley23 said:
@DMUA
Inverse square law is a thing. Destroying a three planet system with Jupiter in the edge would be easily High 5-A, if not higher.
Literally nobody said that he could destroy all three planets at once.

I'm going to pick this exact point in time to say "whatever". There are better and more important things to do than run in circles about this.

Y'know what, whatever about this Jupiter thing.

@Dragon

What are the problems with that, though? At least 7-B+ for those who scale to half of 184 megatons and 7-A for those who are higher seems set in stone.

Well, it's coming up with Low Tiers. We need a value for them.

Our Low Tiers who have no place to go are.

Seong Mi-Na, Raphael, Yun-Seong, Talim, Necrid, Dampierre, Cassandra, Hwang, Li Long and Amy.

Seong Mi-Na is the main one. If those two scale, to Mid Tiers or just slightly below, then we are good. But I am not 100% sure.

If Mi-Na scales, everyone but Raphael, Amy, Dampierre and Cassandra scale along with her.

Mi-Na's feats are losing to Ivy and Kilik pre training with Edge Master.

Yeah, she got wrecked by Ivy and suffered a "total" defeat from Kilik. "At most" seems fine. This would likely scale to the others. Raphael also got wrecked by Nightmare until he hit the weakspot while Nightmare was distracted by Siegfried trying to resist Inferno's control. And he was getting wrecked by Tira in the OP. His only real saving grace is SCV in which he is Graf Dumas Nightmare (which was a dumb plot point)

So then, this is where we are at.

God Tiers: Algol, Night Terror (At least Planet level, possibly Large Planet level) (For the reasons mentioned by Kep), Maybe Edge Master (Said that he was willing to fight Algol, but was not 100% positive he would win) "At least 5-B, possibly 5-A"

Top Tiers: Complete Soul Edge Nightmare, Complete Soul Calibur Siegfried, Complete Inferno, Elysium, Cervantes with Complete Soul Edge, Alpha Patroklos and Pyrrha Omega (Mountain level) (Scaled to Complete Inferno's 394 Megaton feat). So "7-A"

High Tier: Abyss (Mountain level) (Scaled to his very own 368 Megaton feat). So "7-A".

Low High Tiers: Incomplete Nightmare, Siegfried, Incomplete Inferno, Zasalamel, Xianghua with Soul Calibur, Z.W.E.I (Mountain level) (Scaled to half of Abyss' feat as it took Siegfried and Nightmare combined to defeat him. So 184 Megatons). So "7-A"

Mid Tiers: Kilik, Xianghua, Maxi, Astaroth, Cervantes, Ivy, Mitsurugi, Taki, Setsuka, Regular Patroklos, Regular Pyrrha, Tira, Hilde, Voldo, Yoshimitsu, Rock, Sophitia, Aeon, Xiba, Leixia, Natsu, Mass-Produced Astaroth and Ashlotte (City level+) (Half of Incomplete Nightmare in which is 92 Megatons. Some characters are a bit lower than this). So "7-B".

Low Tiers: Mi-Na, Yun-Seong, Talim, Necrid, Li Long, Hwang, Raphael, Amy, Cassandra, Shura, Dampierre, Kamikirimusi, Scheherazade and Charade (At most City level) (Weaker than the mid-tier characters, but can still put up a fight against them.....or some other reasoning). So "At most 7-B"

Look okay?

Feats for MK lol (Some City level stuff)

I've got some supers and such but I don't know what we could use there.

Also does this scaling chain hold true for the new timeline or is that a no?

For the most part yes, it's just that they aren't as strong. We only have the High 7-C+ feat to go on, and even then we have to cut that in half as Soul Edge is only at half power during SCVl. The Mountain level feats don't appear until Soul Calibur 1 in which sadly don't appear in SCVl. So no Mountain level. Just around like 301 Kilotons for now.

I still don't see why we can't just scale them from Link

I agree with Dragon's propasal. Though I think that directly 5-A is better given that whatever that thing is it would still make the feat 5-A.

Well that means that OT stuff is now officially taken care of. We just gotta wait until I finish Libra of Soul.

At Libra of Soul i am in the Post Azwel fight, after its finished i will also gather informations.

So looking through it....not many characters need a section in the Respect thread. The only characters who will be featured are the notable ones.

These notable ones are;

Nightmare, Siegfried, Kilik, Azwel, Groh, Yoshitmitsu, Zasalamel and Taki.

Honestly, everyone has the same abilities as they used to, minus all the extra weapons. And Yoshimitsu has Mind hax now.

I played the Tira fight as well. It's kinda crazy. But yeah, nothing of note there other than she likes gouging people's eyes out.

Honestly, that last fight with Azwel is gonna be where everything likely will happen if we truly want feats.

Does Tira or certain enemies that inflict status elements be added to them or not as it could be game mechanic.

I think in these cases they are Game Mechanics. However, Tira has a move in which she performs her kiss of death like in SClV.

Back