• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur: Re-Examining the Verse (again)

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
So I noticed something while I was watching a few Soul Calibur III videos. (for nostalgic reasons, at the time)

I remember one of the old justifications for Planet level SC being for Algol, stating that he "controls all of Astral Chaos which is implied to be planet sized". That's been dropped since then, but that's where my observations come in.

Night Terror's stage, "Chaos - Spiritual Realm", is set in Astral Chaos. And it has at least three planets floating in it.

No, I'm not seeing things. In this video (from 0:23 to 0:27), this video (from 4:06 to 4:15, as well as from 5:46 to 5:49), this video (basically the whole thing), and especially this video (from 0:50 to 0:56, as well as most of the rest of it), you can clearly see Earth, Jupiter, and a massive, fiery-looking third planet.

I'm told that Algol "controlling all of Astral Chaos" is still considered part of the Soul Calibur info we accept as legitimate, but from what I can tell from rereading the last CRT and its replies, the initial downgrade to the higher-end characters came from us not having enough evidence of Astral Chaos being a planet-sized realm. With that in mind, would this new evidence be cause for an upgrade?

Note from MrKing: This thread has evolved into a broader analysis of SC's ratings as a whole, as this revision has revealed some flaws in our current scaling of the verse. Other feats and info may be introduced as well.

You need to find the statement of him controlling the astral chaos, also controlling something maybe not scale to physical stats.

Now that, I don't have.

However, we've obviously got it somewhere, seeing as it was accepted once. I'm sure I'll find it if I look in one of the older CRTs.

Someone ask Kepe to comment here.

fyi This could end up as an outlier, or scaling only to God Tiers.

I don't expect this to apply to anyone but Algol and Night Terror, seeing as it's repeatedly made clear to us that they're both capable of beating the shit out of anyone else in canon.

I also remember that statement in the profile that said that he has created planets, but i do not remember him saying that, also i still don't know if the Astral Chaos always existed or was created.

Astral Chaos from my understanding was created by Soul Edge. I will double check momentarily. But Algol is stated to be able to destroy entire worlds, and their are indeed planets in Astral Chaos.

@Dark:

I'm pretty sure that also comes from the scan.

In order to master the flow of chaos, one must be solid yet flexible, good yet evil. anyone who could achieve this impossible balance would become the absolute ruler of all, creating and destroying entire worlds as they saw fit.
~ The sca​

If only the scan had a quote saying "oh yeah, he can also travel from world to world in moments" or something.

Yes, the canon Soul series has not impressive speed feats unlike other fighting game series, the best speed feat is the beam attack from the crappy final boss of the non-canon game wii game mentioned before, its name is Soul Calibur Legends.

I'm fine with this after reading the scans, but we should handle this alongside the SC6 revisions just not to revise them multiple times.

I'm good with that.

What rating would this net Algol and Night Terror? Considering one of the planets in Chaos - Spiritual Real is Jupiter, and another of them is bigger than Jupiter, I'd assume Large Planet level at minimum.

Anywho...
MrKingOfNegativity said:
What rating would this net Algol and Night Terror? Considering one of the planets in Chaos - Spiritual Real is Jupiter, and another of them is bigger than Jupiter, I'd assume Large Planet level at minimum.
Anyone else care to weigh in?

Also, I looked at the final video again, and the fiery-looking planet appears to be Venus, and only seems larger than Jupiter because it's rendered closer to the stage.

I'm not sure if that means anything, but yeah.

I dunno. If there's a statement of that, I'm not sure where to find it.

It's worth noting, though, that the Chaos Realm of the first Soul Calibur, which is a part of Astral Chaos, is described as a place filled with timeless illusions in SE's lore. In fact, many of Inferno's places are described as full of illusions, IIRC.

So choosing what to trust is hard.

I am gathering scans, but the SB and SCll Astral Chaos were in fact the realm with Illusionary backgrounds. However, as of later games, not so much. Like I said, I am gathering scans.

Astral Chaos is....weird....

No matter who they might be, those who take the evil sword Soul Edge into their hands come face-to-face with the blade as it invades their minds. When this happens, they see the very spirit of the cursed weapon. Upon entering this dimension devoid of life, an otherworldly landscape greets them. In this place exists no heaven, no earth. No reality -- merely the sinister-yet-beautiful waves given off by Soul Edge, and the countless souls trapped by the wicked blade.
Astral Chaos 1
The stage is identical to Astral Chaos except that it is enclosed by high walls. On rare occasions, there are individuals who are able to transcend the restrictions of the world and history and find themselves in Astral Chaos. Many souls have attempted to escape, but otherworldly walls lining Chaos often put a stop to the efforts of weaker souls
Evidence that it contains fragments of the mortal world

Astral Chaos 2
This stage is an open circular platform with ring-out possibilities to all sides. [1] All sorts of fragments, from the mortal world, float in the background. Astral Chaos is an alternate dimension and the final resting place of souls which have been devoured by Soul Edge. The core of Astral Chaos, the "Star of Chaos", is surrounded by multiple souls which have blended together. Astral Chaos, the Void, the Other World, or just simply Chaos are all names by which this mysterious dimension is known. Chaos can be seen as both a manifestation of Soul Edge's own inner world as well as the "other side" of our own world. Astral Chaos serves as the key to Soul Edge's continued survival. Each time the physical blade is shattered, the spirit of the sword retreats into Astral Chaos until it's servants are able to gather enough fragments to restore the sword.
More info.

Astral Chaos 3
The only Astral Chaos' confirmed to be Illusionary from my understanding are Valencia Port- Chaos and Tartaros. Maybe Chaos, but idk.

Well, the tangible portion of Astral Chaos would be at least planet sized in its entirety.

Now as Dark noted, if we do end up upgrading Algol and Night Terror, it will have to wait until the big SC revision featuring SCVl is made as many things need to be done.

1) Analyzing and going through SCVl scaling feats. (Soul Chronicle and Libra of Soul)

2) Rescaling Original Timeline Low Tiers as the feat they supposedly scale is actually wrong. (Not a feat from weakened Soul Edge, but from Full Power Soul Edge.

3) Any other things we may find beforehand (hopefully a speed upgrade)

@Kep:

If it's big enough to hold even a portion of Jupiter, then "planet sized" would definitely be an understatement.

@Dragon:

Yeah, I agree with holding off on changes until the big revision. If this gets accepted, I can update Algol and Night Terror once things are being performed, but it'll make things a whole lot less complicated if we wait until then.

Back