• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Somewhat Fixing The Soul Calibur Verse

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
So yeah.

The Soul Calibur verse is currently dogshit.

Fortunately for me (as well as a few others), I'm making this little CRT to somewhat fix the verse for the time being.

I wanna give a big shout out to @Stillwinston, @BlackDarkness679, @Comiphorous, and @XSOULOFCINDERX for helping me with these revisions. Couldn't have done this without y'all!

Now, onto the revision.

Old Timeline Revisions

Speed Upgrades:

In the following link here, we see Taki seemingly outrun an explosion.

While I don't know the standard speed we use for explosions, but @Dalesean027 pointed me to this source, which says the following:

fFQvCvt.png

Looking at these speed ratings, this will upgrade the verse's travelling speed (since Taki outran the explosion) to At least Supersonic+ to High Hypersonic at its peak, depending on which speed is accepted.

Now time for the second speed feat we have: Yun-Seong Dodges Lightning.

The following was done by @Psychomaster35, so big thanks to him for helping me out!

Anyways, this calc was already accepted by multiple CGMs, and I already sent some proof to one of them that questioned whether or not the lightning is real. Here's what I showed for clarification purposes (3:39).

So the Original Timeline characters will now have Supersonic+ to High Hypersonic travel speed (depending on which explosion speed is accepted), with Massively Hypersonic reactions and combat speed due to them scaling to Yun-Seong.

Inorganic Physiology Addition For Nightmare's 5-C Key:

Pretty basic. Nightmare in his 5-C key should have Inorganic Physiology via him being a suit of armour animated by the will of Soul Edge. Here are some justifications that prove this. Shouldn't be too controversial.

Possibly/Likely High 6-A For All 'Unknown' Characters:
All of the SC characters who are currently labeled as 'Unknown' in their Old Timeline keys should be changed to 'Possibly/Likely High 6-A' since they should be able to hold their own against the other SC characters. Pretty simple for the most part, especially since I used somewhat similar logic in the Yun-Seong/Seong Mi-na CRT.

This should be all for the stuff primarily involving the Original Timeline.

New Timeline Revisions

Speed Upgrades:

So the New Timeline keys' speed section is just labeled as 'Unknown', which is kind of ridiculous. The justifications I'm about to show you are a little bit shaky, but I'll try my best in giving a solid explanation.

In Mitsurugi's profile, it states the following:

"That being said, he constantly strove to improve his techniques as he searched for a weapon stronger than Tanegashima. This led him to favor moves that allow him to strike and move quickly when faced with projectile-firing weapons."

It clearly states here that Mitsurugi has found a way to circumvent the disadvantage of facing someone with projectile-firing weapons. Of course, this is fairly vague, but imo, I think it's fairly obvious that this clearly eludes to guns.

I'm not too sure what specific speed we should use for stuff like this, but I feel like this should warrant a speed upgrade. It's better than having UkNOwN speed.

Scaling Cassandra/New Timeline Characters To Their Original Timelines:

Me realizing that Cassandra is also labeled as 'Unknown' (shitty ass profile):

disney-pixar.gif

Time to whip out the big guns.

In the following links given, New Timeline Cassandra fought and defeated her past self (Old Timeline Cassandra). I feel like this warrants the New Timeline characters possibly scaling to High 6-A based off of this.

I think the New Timeline keys should be labeled as the following:

"At least High 6-C/High 6-C+ [Insert justification here], possibly High 6-A [Should be comparable to Cassandra, who fought and defeated her past self]"

"At least Low 6-B, likely 6-B [Insert justification here], possibly High 6-A [Should be comparable to Cassandra, who fought and defeated her past self]"

This will also upgrade a lot of the New Timeline keys' stats, too.

That should conclude everything in the CRT. To summarize:

Old Timeline

Supersonic+ to High Hypersonic travel speed with Massively Hypersonic reactions and combat speed for the Original Timeline keys.

Inorganic Physiology for Nightmare's 5-C key.

'Possibly/Likely High 6-A' for all 'Unknown' Characters in their Original Timelines.

New Timeline

Potential speed upgrades for the verse based on statements from Mitsurugi's profile (found a way to circumvent the disadvantage when facing projectile-firing weapons).

Scaling the New Timeline Cassandra, as well as the other characters to 'possibly High 6-A' due to New Timeline Cassandra fighting and defeating Old Timeline Cassandra.

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus, @Duedate8898, @SilentLyfe

Disagree: @Duedate8898 (Disagrees with the New Timeline speed upgrades involving Mitsurugi)

Neutral:

Last edited:

Me realizing that Cassandra is also labeled as 'Unknown' (shitty ass profile):

disney-pixar.gif

Time to whip out the big guns.

In the following links given, New Timeline Cassandra fought and defeated her past self (Old Timeline Cassandra). I feel like this warrants the New Timeline characters possibly scaling to High 6-A based off of this.

I think the New Timeline keys should be labeled as the following:

"At least High 6-C/High 6-C+ [Insert justification here], possibly High 6-A [Should be comparable to Cassandra, who fought and defeated her past self]"

"At least Low 6-B, likely 6-B [Insert justification here], possibly High 6-A [Should be comparable to Cassandra, who fought and defeated her past self]"

This will also upgrade a lot of the New Timeline keys' stats, too.
I'm specifically curious on whether or not we can use the New Timeline feats to give the verse a reasonable scaling chain, since the gap in power between both timelines will significantly drop if this gets accepted.

I think everything looks good, except for the speed scaling for the new timeline. It's a very loose reasoning to try and give anything close to bullet speed when arrows and other projectiles are also for sure in use in this era.

But with Cassandra defeating her past timeline self, I think you have a good link to crosscale speed and AP across timelines unless she exist in a vacuum.

Speed Upgrades:

In the following link here, we see Taki seemingly outrun an explosion.
Disagree with this, not only the feat happens off screen, but a few seconds pass between the moment she activates the runes and the moment the explosion occurs, giving her plenty of time to escape. It would probably be superhuman, but we just can't tell and there's no way to determine it. Also, she leaped out of the roof, so it could have been reactions, instead of proper "outrunning".

Now time for the second speed feat we have: Yun-Seong Dodges Lightning.

Anyways, this calc was already accepted by multiple CGMs, and I already sent some proof to one of them that questioned whether or not the lightning is real. Here's what I showed for clarification purposes (3:39).
Disagree with this, the lightning could even be real, but surely isn't a realistic one. We are very strict on lightning dodging feats because of how many times they behave irrealistically in fiction, and this is one of them.
A random bolt that comes down from the heavens when magically summoned by Yun just to do a show off during one of his techniques, not enough to say it has the same properties of natural lightning.

Inorganic Physiology Addition For Nightmare's 5-C Key:

Pretty basic. Nightmare in his 5-C key should have Inorganic Physiology via him being a suit of armour animated by the will of Soul Edge. Here are some justifications that prove this. Shouldn't be too controversial.
Yes, I've always though this should have been added.

Possibly/Likely High 6-A For All 'Unknown' Characters:
All of the SC characters who are currently labeled as 'Unknown' in their Old Timeline keys should be changed to 'Possibly/Likely High 6-A' since they should be able to hold their own against the other SC characters. Pretty simple for the most part, especially since I used somewhat similar logic in the Yun-Seong/Seong Mi-na CRT.
Makes sense, just like Yun's CRT some time ago.

New Timeline Revisions

Speed Upgrades:

So the New Timeline keys' speed section is just labeled as 'Unknown', which is kind of ridiculous. The justifications I'm about to show you are a little bit shaky, but I'll try my best in giving a solid explanation.

In Mitsurugi's profile, it states the following:

"That being said, he constantly strove to improve his techniques as he searched for a weapon stronger than Tanegashima. This led him to favor moves that allow him to strike and move quickly when faced with projectile-firing weapons."

It clearly states here that Mitsurugi has found a way to circumvent the disadvantage of facing someone with projectile-firing weapons. Of course, this is fairly vague, but imo, I think it's fairly obvious that this clearly eludes to guns.
Disagree with this, since the times of Soul Blade, part of Mitsurugi's character was a play on the legendary stereotype of the samurai becoming useless when guns where introduced (as if they weren't the one carrying them in the first place because welcome to the real world).
His profile only states he had to adapt to facing guns and so preferred a certain type of moves, there's an abyss between this and him being actually able to perform a bullet time.

While all of this is clear and makes sense, I'm not completely sold out of sheer powerscaling reasons, since it's implied it was Haephestus's work to warn Cassandra of the impending doom, rather than tossing her into a death battle, even though she did indeed won. Also, the old Cassandra was somewhat corrupted and amnesiacs, implying she had lost into a time void or something.
There's also the fact that Cassandra didn't experience the events of SCV, as she disappeared at the end of SC4. making it questionable whether or not this future Cassandra is the Cassandra we're used to.

Anyway, for all intentions and purposes, it's also clear she's meant to be a reflection of the Cassandra from the past, so I guess a possibly is still warranted.

Disagree with this, since the times of Soul Blade, part of Mitsurugi's character was a play on the legendary stereotype of the samurai becoming useless when guns where introduced (as if they weren't the one carrying them in the first place because welcome to the real world).
His profile only states he had to adapt to facing guns and so preferred a certain type of moves, there's an abyss between this and him being actually able to perform a bullet time.
Tbf, there is a time stamp of him deflecting bullets in the SC2 intro iirc.

Technically aim dodging is different than deflecting something with a sword iirc, because your arm still has to move at a certain speed and you have to time the action correctly, regardless of you seeing the line of fire.

I might be wrong, but it's still worth a shot.

Well, I'm unsure if aim dodging is the right word, but technically it's possible for sword deflections to behave in a similar matter to aim dodging; Character A fired a gun, but it was pointed at the sword from the moment it was shot. Not saying that's what happened, but just pointing out some situations.

A proper speed calc would be nice either way.

While all of this is clear and makes sense, I'm not completely sold out of sheer powerscaling reasons, since it's implied it was Haephestus's work to warn Cassandra of the impending doom, rather than tossing her into a death battle, even though she did indeed won. Also, the old Cassandra was somewhat corrupted and amnesiacs, implying she had lost into a time void or something.
There's also the fact that Cassandra didn't experience the events of SCV, as she disappeared at the end of SC4. making it questionable whether or not this future Cassandra is the Cassandra we're used to.

Anyway, for all intentions and purposes, it's also clear she's meant to be a reflection of the Cassandra from the past, so I guess a possibly is still warranted.

So would you agree with the following proposal I made here?

Haven't kept up on the full discussion and I don't have an opinion as a whole since IDK the verse but, apparently scaling to explosion speed can only happen in the very first fractions of a second of the explosion itself, since it slows down a lot afterwards.

So, there's that.

They are the same people, just from different timelines.
As already said, it's the same as Mortal Kombat, or Future Trunks from DB, and whatever.

SC6 is the beginning of another timeline, a reboot.

Back