• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur: Re-Examining the Verse (again)

So, good news, I had a brain fart in my Cervantes recalc and forgot that we still used 1.003 for CAPE calcs. The new result is Low 7-B.

@Dragon

Inferno should scale to "likely Low 6-B" due to his character description claiming his new vessel is more powerful than all the ones that came before.

So for scaling purposes, the Cervantes feat would grant the Top Tiers 1.65 Megatons as it has to be cut in half as Soul Edge is literally at half power and that feat is from a full power Soul Edge.

So for Top Tiers, we have two options.

"At least Low 7-B, likely Low 6-B"

Or

"Likely Low 6-B"

Not that this does effect how we scale the Mid Tiers as well (As they are literally half their rating).

Do you mean they're as strong or no?

I'll look through the game and see if I can find anything (I'm not too sure who constitutes ow tier but I'd put Tira there until we get actual story feats from her)

How do we know the Mid Tiers are half of people like Inferno and Siegfried again? That seems like it'd generate a good ol' scaling problem.

Kepekley23 said:
How do we know the Mid Tiers are half of people like Inferno and Siegfried again? That seems like it'd generate a good ol' scaling problem.
In the case of Inferno, it took Kilik and Xianghua combined to actually defeat Inferno. They don't scale to him individually. Basically a similar situation to the OT stuff.

Siegfried scales as he defeated Inferno all by himself.

Was their defeat of Inferno a physical victory or...

Because half of the verse would be "possibly Low 6-B" if that is case. Either we remove Inferno from the Tier 6 scaling, or we treat their victory over him as an outlier.

It could also be that they won thanks to them having Soul Calibur and Kali-Yuga respectively. In which case, they scale to Inferno due to their weapons (And here they lack future games to solidify them scaling without them). Otherwise they'd scale to the Cervantes feat.

Actually, only way they could scale to the Cervantes feat is if we have top Tiers at "At least Low 7-B, likely Low 6-B" or we make them just flat out "Low 7-B" At this point either or is fine.

So...Imagine if CAPE revisions were not a thing....we'd have two Tier 6 feats for SCVl....Now it's a Tier 7 and a Tier 6 feat...

There is also another thing that proves that Kilik and Xianghua aren't comparable to Nightmare alone.

Kilik is comparable to Groh, yet Groh notably is weaker than the likes of Nightmare and lost to him. Of course Groh is much stronger in his Mafested Power Form. (Of course Groh is restricting himself for the most part)

I apologise for the randomness of my message but I've found some stuff we could add to the old timeline profiles (Mostly just new powers tho)

1) Voldo firstly has Enhanced Senses gained from his life in the money pit.

2) Tira's life steal is not limited to her weapons seemingly and she can do this with her main weapon.

3) A support for 5-B God tiers, Algol causes the Earth to tremble with his power

4) A fodder bonus fighter destroyed the capital of Japan

5) Nightmare can knock even Astaroth several meters into the air (Minor feat but could be a minor upgrade for Incomplete Nightmare)

6)Lizardman absorbs the memories of those he eats

7) Cervantes has speed that terrify the Gods (Who could summon thunderbolts but It's probably hyperbolic)

8) Nightmare in V is supposedly "Pathetic" compared to his last self (Makes sense with a mid tier fighting evenly with him and another killing him outright)

Dragonmasterxyz said:
By the way, this is my first time ever using feats like this. How do we use stuff like this? And yes, this is totally me trying to find some way for higher results. I am a greedy bastard. Ovo
As long as it lets me do Link vs All Might, I'll agree ovo

Voldo [who's speed allows him to keep up with Taki and assault Ivy in VI] is not the only one with Enhanced Senses, Astaroth has also demostrated it in VI.

God Tiers: At least Low 6-B from Final Azwel. [Fusion of Parts of SC + SE]

Top Tiers: At least Low 7-B [Cervantes Storm], likely Low 6-B [Sophitia breaking half of Soul Edge]. Alternatively just Low 6-B.

Mid Tiers: Weaker than at least Low 7-B, as Low 7-B or at most High 7-C+. [Weaker than Half Soul Edge like Taki, who killed Cervantes and Yoshimitsu, who sparred with Sophitia]. Alternatively just High 6-C+.

Low Tiers: Weaker than the mid-tiers as at least High 7-C, 9-A stuff should be their minimun. [Weaker than Mid Tiers, refers to the likes of Seong-Mina, who kinda tried to put a fight against Ivy]. Alternatively just High 6-C.

Fodders: 9-C to 9-B from weaker Malfested breaking heavy armors.

Well, Sophitia broke one of the swords so she should scale to half of Soul Edge yes, Azwel had only a fusion of only parts of Soul Calibur/Soul Edge.

I don't agree with Taki scaling to Top Tiers as her scaling would cause nearly half the cast to scale (Basically the same scaling issues as above). Sophitia is fine I think. She never actually goes all out against anyone in story. She fights both Yoshi and Sieggy. So she is pretty consistent with scaling.

Well Taki only physically striked Cervantes when he was not using the other half of Soul Edge, she was unable to destroy the other half.

Well the thing you have to account for was that Cervantes was also very injured at that point from fighting Sophitia.

Sophitia can scale to Top Tiers, but Taki is a Mid Tier. Otherwise your scaling is perfectly fine imo.

Back