• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur: Re-Examining the Verse (again)

Soul Edge eye is the far less durable part of it since its like the human eyes that can be stung by bees for example, Raphael was able to pierce it and Mitsurugi is stronger than him, apart from that there is SE intro Taki feat and the Astaroth clones possibly being able to cause High 8-C damage from the casual Astaroth feats.

Hmm sounds good (though I imagine there might be something better in the lore)

What tier do we think is good for the mid tiers tho?

Also I think I found something that could upgrade the cast scaling upwards from the mid tiers.

Well, we actually do have a scaling chain to work with.

In Soul Blade, Mitsurugi is Siegfried's Rival (Possible scale)

Kilik defeated Nightmare, XIanghua defeated Inferno with Soul Calibur. So they are likely solid 7-A.

Maxi of course scales to those two and so does Astaroth and Cervantes.

Ivy scales to Cervantes.

If Mitsurugi scales, so does Taki and Setsuka.

Sophitia scales to Cervantes and Rock fought Sophitia to a draw.

Aeon (Lizardman) fought Rock as well.

Not sure if the Voldo vs Ivy fight happened in the OT.

Seong Mi-Na fought but lost to Kilik, but trained with Edge Master

Talim defeated Necrid and can fight the likes of Raphael.

Honestly, the only ones who will be complicating to scale is Mi-Na, Yun-Seong, Amy and Talim as looking a feats, everyone scales down from Incomplete Nightmare via in series feats and various scaling links. Matter of fact SCV makes it so that many character legit scale to Patroklos. Even Mass-Produced Astaroth and Voldo. And Patroklos scales to Ivy and Maxi. I will go more in detail later. Let's just say that our ratings for who is a Mid-Low Tier aren't what we thought.

Should I update the OP? Seems like this thread has become more than just a God Tier revision.

Yeah, might as well get OT scaling taken care of here so that it doesn't clog up the SCVl Revision which will be infinitely more simpler.

No as things won't be changed until the big revision. This thread is merely getting our OT stuff in order.

Things that are solid.

5-B Algol and Night Terror

7-A (394 Megatons) Complete Nightmare, Siegfried, Inferno, Elysium, Alpha Patroklos and Omega Pyrrha.

7-A (368? Megatons) Abyss

7-A (197 Megatons) Incomplete Nightmare, Siegfried, Z.W.E.I and Zasalamel.

Everyone else is in limbo.

I thought we still needed to decide whether or not Algol's statements qualified for 5-A?

Cal seemed to think so, at the very least. Before you two got wrapped up in Cassandra VS Sophitia.

Fair.

As far as lower tiers go, what do we have? I know Tira beat Raphael in an intro, and Maxi is a regular rival of Astaroth. But that's all I can remember right now. (though admittedly, I only just woke up a couple of hours ago)

Anyway, to start listing some character scaling feats.

Mitsurugi (Is treated as Siegfried's rival. Blatantly the rival to Taki and Setsuka and has fought them on many occasions. Note that Young Siegfried did in fact fight and defeat Inferno, yet his mind was already a mess so Inferno managed to still mind control him)

Taki (Defeated a weakened Cervantes who had the power of one half of Soul Edge. Trained Natsu)

Ivy (Fought and defeated Cervantes in their second encounter. Lost to Cervantes before and lost most her soul. Shown fighting Taki in her SCll Opening)

Kilik (Fought and defeated Nightmare)

Xianghua (Comparable to Kilik, defeated Inferno thanks to Soul Calibur)

Maxi (Comparable to Kilik and Xianghua. Fought and defeated Astaroth twice. First time nearly dying)

Sophitia (Fought Cervantes and shattered one of Soul Edge's blades, cutting his power in half)

Mass-Produced Astaroth (We said this was a low tier opponent, but this is false. It is true that they are weaker than the Original Astaroth, but they are still very powerful. They are able to go toe to toe with Patroklos, but are eventually defeated)

Patroklos (This guy fights everyone. He fights Z.W.E.I who defeated Incomplete Nightmare. He fought Ivy, Maxi and Tira)

Alpha Patroklos (Defeats Pyrrha Omega and Elysium)

Tira (Shown beating Raphael in the SClll Intro. Can fight Sophitia)

Hilde (Shown fighting Ivy in SClV. Otherwise, featless)

Xiba, Leixia and Natsu (These guys are odd. Along with Maxi, they fought Alpha Patroklos in rapid succession. Neither were going all out mind you, so it's hard to gauge how strong they really are)

Aeon Calcos (Fought, but was defeated by Rock)

Rock (Fought Sophitia to a draw)

Voldo (Fought Patroklos and I think Ivy)

Yoshimitsu (Shares a destined battle with Voldo and likely fought him to get his blade back)

Raphael (Jobs to both Nightmare and Tira. Becomes the new Nightmare in Soul Calibur V as Graf Dumas)

Z.W.E.I (Defeats Graf Dumas Nightmare)

Pyrrha Omega (Fights of Graf Dumas Nightmare)

Cervantes (Had Complete Soul Edge in Soul Blade. Afterwards, carries his own mind Soul Edge due to him collecting many shards. Fatally wounded Yoshimitsu before SCV)

Those I did not mention are at the time, in limbo even moreso.

The likes of Edge Master and Olcadan (Remember him? Me neither) are also high up there. Edge Master even stated that he was willing to fight Algol (meaning he knew he could at least do something to him), but wasn't 100% sure he'd win. Olcadan fought Edge Master to a draw (Or at least implied to).

Some of the people in the discussion thread think that him controlling all of Astral Chaos should be 5-A, just based on the sheer size the realm would have to be in order to contain at least three planets, much less Jupiter on top of Earth and Venus.

I'm neutral on that. But it makes some modicum of sense to me.

That's just a reword of the guidebook statement we already had, though. Still 5-B.

I'm also very much offended by the fact that you ninja'd me at posting the New Project Soul sca

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Some of the people in the discussion thread think that him controlling all of Astral Chaos should be 5-A, just based on the sheer size the realm would have to be in order to contain at least three planets, much less Jupiter on top of Earth and Venus.
I'm neutral on that. But it makes some modicum of sense to me.
I think I got ninja'd, but yeah.

I mean, Voldo also fought Yoshimitsu and appears to have lost.

Considering Ivy is on-par with Cervantes, who pretty much wrecked Yoshimitsu, I'd assume they're both somewhat weaker than her.

This also makes us wonder what tiering they will be. The obvious answer would be baseline 7-A. But I can figure out whether Kilik and Xianghua combine beat Nightmare or whether it was Kilik alone. If it took two of them combined, that would be 98.5 Megatons or City level+. But I want outside opinions on this (as I don't know whether it's okay to back scale like this)

Yeah, same. It'd be really out of character for her to let him go up against a being that has a tendency to wipe out entire armies by itself, without trying to help him in any way.

See on the site, it says that he fought Kilik AND Xianghua. However, at other times, it just says "Kilik fought Nightmare" and "Xianghua fought Inferno as Kilik was injured"

A personal theory (and if I'm wrong, I'm not a little wrong, but 100000% wrong) I mean, he did kill her sister. If this was SC1, she might still be holding a bit of a grudge.

The real cal howard said:
A personal theory (and if I'm wrong, I'm not a little wrong, but 100000% wrong) I mean, he did kill her sister. If this was SC1, she might still be holding a bit of a grudge.
I don't think they even knew that they were related. I don't think Xianghua even knew Xianglian was her sister (or even if she had one) nor do I think she knew her crush (Xianghua X Kilik is a canon thing) had killed her.

Also depending on what's accepted for the Kilik and Xianghua vs Nightmare fiasco,

These guys are either 7-A or 7-B+.

I want to calc how much it'd take to bust Astral Chaos assuming it contains 3 planets but may I ask when Jupiter is seen on scren?

Back