• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Soul Calibur: Re-Examining the Verse (again)

...You mean you didn't read the OP when you got here?

There are four videos linked that show it floating in the background of Chaos - Spiritual Realm.

Soulcalibur III - Night Terror vs Abyss 1080P
Soulcalibur III - Night Terror vs Abyss 1080P

0:21 - Jupiter is seen in the background.

0:50 - Venus is seen.

0:59 - Jupiter again.

1:17 - Venus again.

1:28 - Jupiter again, very clearly.

That's just the way the stage's lighting makes it look. All the planets and other objects sans Venus and the area directly around the battle area (which is mostly lit by the weird nexus that's on the other side of the stage) have a blue tint due to lighting and/or draw distance.

Features-wise, compare this:

Chaos Spiritual Realm Jupiter
To this:

Rotation jupiter03.0001
They're the same.

That does look like Jupiter. However, I will go with whatever is decided. 5-B or 5-A are good with me.

At least 5-B, likely 5-A could be the most conservative

5-A straight up if you guys so wish.

5-B is supported by other feats beyond just "controlling all of Astral Chaos", seeing as it's stated two different times in New Tales that Algol's mastery over Astral Chaos' energy allows him to create and destroy worlds on his whim. 5-A would simply come from the fact that "complete control of Astral Chaos" would involve completely controlling a realm that contains Jupiter and two other planets in it, and that his ability to create and destroy worlds probably includes the likes of Jupiter.

With that in mind, "At least 5-B, likely 5-A" definitely seems like the safest route to me.

If that were true, the planet that you're identifying as Venus would look blue-ish. It's colored a very fierce red.

It seems way more likely that "Jupiter" is either Earth or Neptune, which also has thick black storms covering it.

Alternatively, in a pocket dimension with unrealistic lightning, you get a blue colored planet with clearly Jupiter's stripped pattern and Venus being red.

Also, assuming that someone being stated to be able to create worlds on a whim means they can probably destroy Jupiter is the same as assuming that someone who is stated to be able to generate earthquakes on a whim can "probably" generate 9.0 earthquakes.

Venus is red in above average-exposure pictures, while Jupiter with the same lighting would still look as white\low orange as ever.

It is a high end for the sake of a high end. It's considerably more likely that this is either Neptune or Earth than it is to be Jupiter.

Just go with "At least 5-B, possibly far higher" and call it a day. We do got other stats to worry about

I quite literally said "sans Venus and the area directly around the battle area (which is mostly lit by the weird nexus that's on the other side of the stage)". Venus is closer to the stage (and the aforementioned Nexus) than the other two planets, which are out in the background area far opposite the stage's closest light source. Also, Venus' surface is covered in molten lava.

You're also saying the largest planet looks like Neptune when the real Neptune looks far deeper blue than anything in the screenshot I've provided:

1200px-Neptune Full

Kepekley23 said:
Nice. If this were to go through, Algol and NT would look like this:
Algol:

• At least 5-B (Holds full control over Astral Chaos and all the souls inside. Those who are able to master Astral Chaos's raw energy are powerful enough to casually create entire planets), possibly far higher (Astral Chaos is shown to contain fragments of the human world inside itself, including potentially gas giants such as Jupiter)
Night Terror:

• At least 5-B (Is a much mightier and chaotic form of Nightmare and the personification of the Soul Edge in its completed state. It is the very embodiment of Astral Chaos and everything inside it, and those who master the energy within Astral Chaos can casually create entire planets), likely far higher (Astral Chaos contains fragments of the human world, and possibly gas giants such as Jupiter)

> I quite literally said "sans Venus and the area directly around the battle area (which is mostly lit by the weird nexus that's on the other side of the stage)". Venus is closer to the stage (and the aforementioned Nexus) than the other two planets, which are out in the background area far opposite the stage's closest light source. Also, Venus' surface is covered in molten lava.

• 1: There is no reason to arbitrarily exclude Venus and still use the lighting argument if Venus's color being roughly the same already goes against it.
  • 2: The difference in distance between both compared to the stage area is still quite irrelevant in the big picture. Venus is barely closer. Jupiter's appearance from one of its farthest moons would still not change from its white tone, either, so assuming it'd turn fully blue just because of the lighting in the stage is problematic, to say the least.
Anyway, I agree with Dragon.

It's not "fully blue". It's only tinted blue. Anyone who looks at the screenshot (or just watches the video) can see that. Moreover, the patterns of the planet clearly resemble Jupiter far more than Neptune, even if we completely ignore the game's graphics and visuals.

And no offense, but the point about Astral Chaos and the planets housed inside of it was the original purpose of this thread. Glossing over that now, without resolving it, is entirely counterintuitive.

It's definitely portrayed as fully blue or fairly close to it. If your argument held up Venus would be bland. Instead we see it being portrayed as a scorching inferno.

The only visual resemblance is the storm that's raging at the very top. We have nothing besides that, and it is colored nothing like Jupiter would look like were the lighting scenario the case. I see no reason to go for the absolute high end when there are more sensible low ends to take.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
This also makes us wonder what tiering they will be. The obvious answer would be baseline 7-A. But I can figure out whether Kilik and Xianghua combine beat Nightmare or whether it was Kilik alone. If it took two of them combined, that would be 98.5 Megatons or City level+. But I want outside opinions on this (as I don't know whether it's okay to back scale like this)
Kepe can you give your opinion on this?

Kepekley23 said:
You seem to be enforcing consistent lighting way too much for a pocket dimension in a video game.

Despite Venus being a scorching inferno, the blue tinted planet clearly has a distinct pale and dark pattern that matches Jupiter.

Kepekley23 said:
It's definitely portrayed as fully blue or fairly close to it. If your argument held up Venus would be bland. Instead we see it being portrayed as a scorching inferno.
Now that we've confirmed that you and I are looking at the same image...

That's not fully blue at all. Parts of it are brown, which is fairly uncoincidental, since the parts that are brown would correspond to the deeper orange portions of Jupiter. (Because what do we get when orange and blue mix?)

You're also ignoring the fact that the features of the planet are obviously correspondent with Jupiter, far moreso than Neptune (which looks nothing like that) or Earth. (which is actually right there within the same screencap, on the right side behind some of the flying rocks)

DMUA said:
Despite Venus being a scorching inferno, the blue tinted planet clearly has a distinct pale and dark pattern that matches Jupiter.
So I'm not the only one who sees it. Good.

> You seem to be enforcing consistent lighting way too much for a pocket dimension in a video game.

More like enforcing that planets be drawn at the correct colors in order for the argument to hold up instead of going by the absolute high end that's indicated by nothing other than one relatively similar thing.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
You're also ignoring the fact that the features of the planet are obviously correspondent with Jupiter, far moreso than Neptune (which looks nothing like that) or Earth. (which is actually right there within the same screencap, on the right side behind some of the flying rocks)
And even if it was Neptune, pretty sure that's still 5-A, especially accounting for the gap between planets.

> That's not fully blue at all. Parts of it are brown, which is fairly uncoincidental, since the parts that are brown would correspond to the deeper orange portions of Jupiter. (Because what do we get when orange and blue mix?)

Where are you seeing brown there? The stm is pretty clearly a thick black which matches Neptune's storms way, way more. Look up the Great Dark Spot.

Not only that, but you see green tints at the very edge.

> You're also ignoring the fact that the features of the planet are obviously correspondent with Jupiter

The only thing that is similar is the fact that there's a storm circling around it.

@DMUA

Whether it'd be 5-A or not is irrelevant to my case. I'm not arguing tiers, I'm arguing reasonable assumptions and accuracy.

@Dragon

If he's a certain level of 7-A and it took two people to beat him, that's okay, provided his durability doesn't circularly scale from resisting their hits.

Kepekley23 said:
Whether it'd be 5-A or not is irrelevant to my case. I'm not arguing tiers, I'm arguing reasonable assumptions and accuracy.
I mean, that would still warrent "At least 5-B, likely 5-A" as opposed to likely far higher. Either way.

"Look up the Great Dark Spot"

Great-dark-spot
Chaos Spiritual Realm Jupiter
You have absolutely got to be kidding me...These look nothing alike.

It's definitely closer to that than Neptune, that's for sure. The planets' patterns are almost exactly the same.

However.

The real cal howard said:
Literally any gas giant would put the realm at 5-A. You two are literally just arguing semantics
The argument is moot anyway. The evidence warrants 5-A, even if the planet that's obviously Jupiter is somehow Neptune instead.

It's also not semantics, considering there's the possibility of High 5-A or even Low 4-C if that were indeed Jupiter.

So how about this.

God Tiers: Algol, Night Terror (At least Planet level, possibly Large Planet level) (For the reasons mentioned by Kep), Maybe Edge Master (Said that he was willing to fight Algol, but was not 100% positive he would win. He wouldn't get the possibly far higher)

Top Tiers: Complete Soul Edge Nightmare, Complete Soul Calibur Siegfried, Complete Inferno, Elysium, Alpha Patroklos and Pyrrha Omega (Mountain level) (Scaled to Complete Inferno's 394 Megaton feat)

High Tier: Abyss (Mountain level) (Scaled to his very own 368 Megaton feat)

Low High Tiers: Incomplete Nightmare, Siegfried, Incomplete Inferno, Zasalamel, Z.W.E.I (Mountain level)(Scaled to half of Abyss' feat as it took Siegfried and Nightmare combined to defeat him. So 184 Megatons)

Mid Tiers: Everyone mentioned in my post above. (City level+) (Half of Incomplete Nightmare in which is 92 Megatons)

Low Tiers: Anyone not mentioned above. (Haven't been decided)

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Anyway, to start listing some character scaling feats.
Mitsurugi (Is treated as Siegfried's rival. Blatantly the rival to Taki and Setsuka and has fought them on many occasions. Note that Young Siegfried did in fact fight and defeat Inferno, yet his mind was already a mess so Inferno managed to still mind control him)

Taki (Defeated a weakened Cervantes who had the power of one half of Soul Edge. Trained Natsu)

Ivy (Fought and defeated Cervantes in their second encounter. Lost to Cervantes before and lost most her soul. Shown fighting Taki in her SCll Opening)

Kilik (Fought and defeated Nightmare)

Xianghua (Comparable to Kilik, defeated Inferno thanks to Soul Calibur)

Maxi (Comparable to Kilik and Xianghua. Fought and defeated Astaroth twice. First time nearly dying)

Sophitia (Fought Cervantes and shattered one of Soul Edge's blades, cutting his power in half)

Mass-Produced Astaroth (We said this was a low tier opponent, but this is false. It is true that they are weaker than the Original Astaroth, but they are still very powerful. They are able to go toe to toe with Patroklos, but are eventually defeated)

Patroklos (This guy fights everyone. He fights Z.W.E.I who defeated Incomplete Nightmare. He fought Ivy, Maxi and Tira)

Alpha Patroklos (Defeats Pyrrha Omega and Elysium)

Tira (Shown beating Raphael in the SClll Intro. Can fight Sophitia)

Hilde (Shown fighting Ivy in SClV. Otherwise, featless)

Xiba, Leixia and Natsu (These guys are odd. Along with Maxi, they fought Alpha Patroklos in rapid succession. Neither were going all out mind you, so it's hard to gauge how strong they really are)

Aeon Calcos (Fought, but was defeated by Rock)

Rock (Fought Sophitia to a draw)

Voldo (Fought Patroklos and I think Ivy)

Yoshimitsu (Shares a destined battle with Voldo and likely fought him to get his blade back)

Raphael (Jobs to both Nightmare and Tira. Becomes the new Nightmare in Soul Calibur V as Graf Dumas)

Z.W.E.I (Defeats Graf Dumas Nightmare)

Pyrrha Omega (Fights of Graf Dumas Nightmare)

Cervantes (Had Complete Soul Edge in Soul Blade. Afterwards, carries his own mini Soul Edge due to him collecting many shards. Fatally wounded Yoshimitsu before SCV)
This post is what I'm talking about btw.

I still think it should be Likely 5-A instead of likely far higher, but, considering I'm just an outsider to Soul Calibur looking at a feat, I have no comments as per scaling.

Back