• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sora Vs Shirou Emiya (Skill battle)

Bobsican

He/Him
All stats equalized, no hax allowed

Successfully executing a lethal attack (independent of regen) or K.O. count as wincons

Fight for the top spot

Shirou Emiya:

Sora:

Shirou.png
Sora_03_KHIII.png

Last edited:
I guess I'll start and tackle the elephant in the room.

Uh... I'm noticing that Shirou doesn't have Flight nor Teleportation, so what stops Sora from just beating him up on the air?

I guess the argument now will go on how Shirou can be the one landing a hit first or something.

Last edited:
Wouldnt Sora just adapt to Shirou's fighting style at some point and even start countering it? On top of that Sora and Riku created their own fighting style that let them fight on even grounds with already skilled fighters like Cloud, Sephiroth, Hercules, Squall, and even fighting them at the same time (Cloud and hollow bastion gang). Shirou's only swordsmanship skill from what I know is probably some form of kendo, and maybe some fencing forms from saber.

Wouldnt Sora just adapt to Shirou's fighting style at some point and even start countering it? On top of that Sora and Riku created their own fighting style that let them fight on even grounds with already skilled fighters like Cloud, Sephiroth, Hercules, Squall, and even fighting them at the same time (Cloud and hollow bastion gang). Shirou's only swordsmanship skill from what I know is probably some form of kendo, and maybe some fencing forms from saber.
Sora has already fought an opponent that can shapeshift their weapon like him and other hazards at the same time, let alone deflecting what's practically Ultimited Blade Works while also being pushed on disfavorable positions, so I could see it TBH.

Triple Linked Crane Wings also seems like a worse version of Sora's own triple wielding while we're on that.
Shirou's swordsmanship skill is copying other people's skill after copying their blades

can't copy a key ez gg
Keyblades are quite picky about their users as they're sentient, so it'd be quite an high claim to say Shirou would be able to even use one, leaving at a side other semantics that'd turn it even more unlikely.

Sora has already fought an opponent that can shapeshift their weapon like him and other hazards at the same time, let alone deflecting what's practically Ultimited Blade Works while also being pushed on disfavorable positions, so I could see it TBH.

Triple Linked Crane Wings also seems like a worse version of Sora's own triple wielding while we're on that.

Keyblades are quite picky about their users as they're sentient, so it'd be quite an high claim to say Shirou would be able to even use one, leaving at a side other semantics that'd turn it even more unlikely.
Honestly I think that Shirou's skills without his hax are not enough to beat Sora without them. The only version of him that I can see having some skill is his Archer incarnation, which would still lose in a skill battle with Sora.

Seeing as Triple Linked Crane Wings involves juggling 6 Weapons in total, I don't exactly think correlating it with Sora's Triple Wielding exactly works. They are fundamentally different in that while Sora telekinetically manipulate's two Additional Weapons, Shirou is forced to position 4 Weapons in addition to the 2 he will end up with in his hand's, using throwing and slashing movements as well as the unique magnetic link of the weapons in question. Not exactly to say which is better, but to say that I don't think that just calling it a worse version of Sora's Triple Wielding (Which mind you, he would not have access to in this sort of Battle) works when they have various differing variable's.

Shirou's swordsmanship skill is copying other people's skill after copying their blades

can't copy a key ez gg
I wouldn't inherently agree with this, as the Keyblade is numerous times stated to be a Sword like object, a Weapon, etc.
However,

This is a significantly more believable argument for Shirou not copying Sora's skills. (Though, with the no Hax Rule, that makes me put into question how the Keyblade would even work here, or Shirou's Copying for that matter. I think it's undoubtable that a good portion of what Sora can do also relies on his Power's- He couldn't feasibly triple wield without Hax, for example)

Incorrect. Assuming this is the best Version of Shirou, he would have copied Skill's from various Servant's (EMIYA, Saber, Heracles, etc). And I know this was a concern brought up by Bob elsewhere, but, yes, Shirou does in fact retain skill's after copying them from a traced Weapon. This is the entire basis around half of EMIYA's tool kit, and Oath Under Snow Shirou showing EMIYA's skill's long after using his Class Card, among other things.

I would once again like to reiterate that I'm not even fully convinced Shirou Win's here, even though ig I'm the main Shirou Rep. I just don't think some of these argument's are 100% accurate. I do think that Sora can pretty easily juggle Shirou in the air, as even though Shirou does have some Aerial combat capabilities, Sora just dwarf's him utterly there iirc

Seeing as Triple Linked Crane Wings involves juggling 6 Weapons in total, I don't exactly think correlating it with Sora's Triple Wielding exactly works. They are fundamentally different in that while Sora telekinetically manipulate's two Additional Weapons, Shirou is forced to position 4 Weapons in addition to the 2 he will end up with in his hand's, using throwing and slashing movements as well as the unique magnetic link of the weapons in question. Not exactly to say which is better, but to say that I don't think that just calling it a worse version of Sora's Triple Wielding (Which mind you, he would not have access to in this sort of Battle) works when they have various differing variable's.
Oh, that's fair, thanks for explaining.

Well, the closest thing then would be Ultimate Form stuff.

I wouldn't inherently agree with this, as the Keyblade is numerous times stated to be a Sword like object, a Weapon, etc.
However,

(insert my quote here)

This is a significantly more believable argument for Shirou not copying Sora's skills. (Though, with the no Hax Rule, that makes me put into question how the Keyblade would even work here, or Shirou's Copying for that matter. I think it's undoubtable that a good portion of what Sora can do also relies on his Power's- He couldn't feasibly triple wield without Hax, for example)

Well, the "no hax" rule per definition only extends to abilities that ignore physical stats (rather than anything supernatural), mere utilities like Flight or Telekinesis are fair game, in the end the focus will be more on how well they can trade blows on the like given the premise behind this thread, however.

Per Power Mimicry NLF standards, it'd also be questionable to say the least that the ability would properly work here either way given how this is kinda above what Shirou's ability has displayed skill/ability-wise, leaving at a side the amount of powers required to "make" a Keyblade, and of course its own sentience and pickyness on its users.

Incorrect. Assuming this is the best Version of Shirou, he would have copied Skill's from various Servant's (EMIYA, Saber, Heracles, etc). And I know this was a concern brought up by Bob elsewhere, but, yes, Shirou does in fact retain skill's after copying them from a traced Weapon. This is the entire basis around half of EMIYA's tool kit, and Oath Under Snow Shirou showing EMIYA's skill's long after using his Class Card, among other things.

Hmmm... interesting, then I guess I can confidently concede on Shirou having far more accuracy than Sora given what you've posted in the other thread, however, keep in mind that's just one field out of many, Rex Salazar had microscopically-accurate aiming yet still simply had an overall worse skill kit than Sora.

I would once again like to reiterate that I'm not even fully convinced Shirou Win's here, even though ig I'm the main Shirou Rep. I just don't think some of these argument's are 100% accurate. I do think that Sora can pretty easily juggle Shirou in the air, as even though Shirou does have some Aerial combat capabilities, Sora just dwarf's him utterly there iirc

Yeah, that's fair, it's nice to not have this place being an echo chamber and all.

Back