• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rex Salazar vs Sora skill battle

Rex's shield doesn't even cover from all directions and he lacks the skill to just manually cover stuff from all directions like Sora.
TBH it's already hard for me to argue for Sora with the no hax handicap as stuff like Blizzard magic freezing and Aero magic momentarily incapping in a vortex (which are quite in-character) would render this too one-sided.

Wait, is range also equalized?

Last edited:
Rex's shield doesn't even cover from all directions
He can turn it into a bubble shield.
manually cover stuff from all directions like Sora.
He can, but maybe not as good as Sora can.
TBH it's already hard for me to argue for Sora with the no hax handicap as stuff like Blizzard magic freezing and Aero magic momentarily incapping in a vortex (which are quite in-character) would render this too one-sided.
I mean Rex’s dura neg isn’t allowed either. If you want we can debate Sora vs Rex without those restrictions in DMs 😈.
Wait, is range also equalized?
Eh no

He can turn it into a bubble shield.
Okay, I suppose, although uh... several moves straight up just teleport/use portals, so they can just ignore the barrier, Sora has also already dealt with someone that makes omnidirectional barriers
He can, but maybe not as good as Sora can.
K.
I mean Rex’s dura neg isn’t allowed either. If you want we can debate Sora vs Rex without those restrictions in DMs 😈.
I'll pass, lol.
Uh... not much really changes then.

several moves straight up just teleport/use portals
Uh hax? Idk we should probably just focus on skill considering the winner of this match would probably just depend on how strict we make the conditions.
Uh... not much really changes then.
True, Rex is the better shot of the 2 but Sora has more range. Rex can also dig underground to dodge incoming attacks.

Uh hax? Idk we should probably just focus on skill considering the winner of this match would probably just depend on how strict we make the conditions.
Eh... for the sake of skill debate, fine then, however, as I've shown with the previous link, Sora can just abuse the opening as soon as it's down.
True, Rex is the better shot of the 2 but Sora has more range. Rex can also dig underground to dodge incoming attacks.
I'm not too sure on the first part, but regardless, Sora can also do that

Legit, I can't see a reason to say Rex beats Rishia and Bullseye, let alone Sora.

So, he's more skilled than them and/or outsmarted them. How do you compare that to what Sora does though?

With his Technology and Machine abilities alone he can adapt to/outskill and overpower 5 EVO's that had hax on the level of space-time manipulation, gravity, matter and (arguably) superior technology to him.

A.K.A The Consortium.

This is nearly unanimous, I think. I don't think anyone besides Greenshift sees Rex as being that skilled.

I personally think he pales in comparison to all other contenders for his category.

And that reply was more so aimed @ this. Because it doesn't make much sense to me despite Greenshifter pointing this out beforehand.

You would have to do some tremendous convincing to me to think that the dude using a skill gap to troll people with hax on that degree isn't abundantly skilled lol, regardless of who you think wins in this match up.

Yeah seen it. Pretty cool but seems like just quick switching and inferior to fending off Xemnas' Danmaku.

Not necessarily, as seen here, multi-wielding is a notable way to display skill, in this case it'd just be in another department per-say.

I suppose so, seems inferior to Kid Ben using Master Control though if you wanna use that for coordination.

Master Control is what made me think he'd be better as a nomination than Rex, but still, that'd fall more on the Body Control area, which while impressive, isn't particularly enought in comparison to what Sora has displayed.
However, they're different skill areas to begin with, and so comparing them can be rather difficult to do objectively.

Master Control is what made me think he'd be better as a nomination than Rex, but still, that'd fall more on the Body Control area, which while impressive, isn't particularly enought in comparison to what Sora has displayed.
I was more referencing the sheer amount of possibilities Ben would need to account for to combo a move of one alien into a move of another alien with a completely different physiology and this tens of times in quick succession.

Rex is the one who told Ben to use Cannonbolt at the end of the crossover remember?

Yeah, that's correct.
Eh, simply picking a form for a certain individual action is more like strategical skill than combat skill.

However, they're different skill areas to begin with, and so comparing them can be rather difficult to do objectively.

Master Control's function works the way Rex's ability swap-outs do on a normal basis. Especially in season 3 where he learned how to use multiple variations at the same time. Heck, that's probably the factor for why Rex overpowered Ben and technically won their fight in the crossover (Reboot Rex also won in their battle too so that's interesting)

Oh, okay then.

However, uh... I recall I've made it clear Sora has more skilled transitions across forms and overall feats than Rex at this point, as he basically has the same thing as Rex (Even nano stuff included) but up to 11.

Last edited:
Getting cocky Bob? Get in VC if you wanna get this over with (but yes my interest in participating in VSBW threads has diminished since my exams are done)

Sorry, I don't do VC
But regardless, it's clear as day no one's going to vote for Rex anymore.

Last edited:
So Bob and I discussed it and we came to the conclusion that Sora is probably more skilled than Rex, but Rex probably beats Sora in a skill fight (due to some of Sora’s skillset not mattering again Rex and due to Rex’s unpredictability). I’ll let you guys deal with the resulting headache 😉.

If we put their skill into categories and look at who edges out where, we get the following list:

Technique - Sora
Body Control - Sora
Coordination - vaguely Sora
Precision - Rex
Analytical Ability and countering it - Rex
Instincts & Awareness - Sora
Mentality - irrelevant
Copying - Sora
Experience - Rex
Powers - Inconclusive

Back