• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ShakeResounding said:
Using the fact that Sonic became tired is kinda pointless, as every other fight with Sonic has him fine and dandy afterwards. Even Solaris or the Egg Wizard, which are the two strongest enemies in the Sonic franchise, didn't even leave him breakins do much as a sweat. It's am inconsistency.
Regardless, I just wanna get this revision over with.
it's not pointless, dark gaia is literally the only deity who's put the breaks on super sonic, super sonic and the chaos emeralds merely woke him up, turned super sonic into a werehog freak and then when that werehog tries to fight dark gaia, it eats all that power that was his own and starts tearing stuff tf out. and also for those two sonic for solaris couldn't beat him alone it's been stated in the guide and then shadow + silver were ants to a dinosaur with solaris' second form resorting to aiming for a weakspot to win, although all of them got some sweat in, even eggman prepping them for solaris' second state, they were harmed as well. egg wizard was a case of having most attacks evaded and would've oneshotted super sonic and burning blaze if not for the distraction that came later and teamwork. dark gaia's was fighting a chaos powered being and a comparable super form level being, and dark gaia had made it so in order to attack him, you were getting harmed by his defenses or by the big dark mother itself, the fact that super sonic actually got pushed to this point is more important than any other instance and should not be ignored, especially regarding a post 06 sonic, also sonic unleashed takes place in a time before sonic and the black knight and after sonic rush and secret rings. so that super sonic is a pretty par major. super sonic is shown to take damage from extremely powerful opponents. it's consistent that the gaia's can tangle around with super sonic and the energy of the chaos emeralds, it's also consistent that super sonic can take damage from powerful beings.

Yeah let's get it over with.

Just because Sonic couldn't beat him alone doesn't mean that Sonic got tired, and the Egg Wizard wasn't going to "one-shot" anyone. Eggman "prepping" them is in no way comparable to getting tired either. At this point, we're just derailimg with a bumch of nonsense. Just get rid of 5-A, that's all I've been saying. No need to bring up powerful opponemts, that isn't correlated whatsoever.

Regardless, let's stop. Ant needs to take a look at the thread again when I summarize the points.

Antvasima said:
Okay, and what are the summarised reasons for this?
ShakeResounding said:
The Classic Era cast are able to fight one another while they're empowered by a Chaos Emerald, which alone has an output of 1.4 Yottatons. They've done it consistently, with Classic Sonic fighting other bosses powered by a Chaos Emerald as well.

5-A comes from Modern Sonic being capable of the Egg Dragoon and Perfect Chaos within Sonic Generations, the latter having a 5-A energy source and the former being superior to a weapon with 5-A energy output, which falls in line with statements of him constantly getting stronger from a multitude of statements from across the series.

5-A Supers come from Sonic battling Dark Gaia, but the context implies the Chaos Emeralds were restored to their peak and Sonic one-shot Dark Gaia as soon as he was able to confront it.

And I think that covers the majority.
@Antvasima

Well, I think that seems to make sense, but I am not a good person to ask, and would prefer input from Sera EX, Dark649, and DarkDragonMedeus regarding this.

To my knowledge, DDM was recommended to be temporarily topic banned from Sonic aside from the 2-B Maginaryworld thread that's supposed to take place later on due to the tension that was rising during that fiasco with some members here.

Darkk649 has been inactive since October, but I'll see if I can get a response. I'll ask Sera on Discord to see if I can get her opinion on it, since she wanted to avoid these threads.

I never said he was banned, Ant, I'm not a moron. I said other members and staff recommended he should be temporarily topic banned due to hostility beteeen him and other members. Unless you want something to happen, that'd be smart.

I figured he can get somebody else to comment for him, as recommended by staff as well. You said yourself that any staff can comment a thread to give input, so I'm trying to avoid problems. Regardless, thanks for the link.

Topic banned isn't the right choice of words, more like taking a break for mental health recovery reasons.

Well no staff seems to be against this and 2 staff as well as several knowledgeable people have agreed with the upgrade. The upgrade seems uncontroversial enough to apply in my opinion.

Well, congratulations to all of the Sonic fans (no, obviously not remotely all Sonic fans here) who have behaved like such relentless flippantly disrespectful and argumentative problems that the staff members who are actually knowledgeable enough to help out with your content revision threads want nothing to do with them anymore.

My approval alone is certainly not reliable enough to base such revisions on, as my knowledge about the subject is too limited. We genuinely need their help, and yes, it is very possible that this and all other Sonic revisions will not go anywhere for quite a long time as a result.

If you want anything to happen, I would recommend sincerely apologising to the staff members that you have mistreated, and making a massive effort to shape up and respect their decisions in the future.

Well, if I remember correctly, you seem to be one of the worst offenders, so you preferably all need to either adapt to our conventions and the peaceful and respectful environment we want to maintain here, or go somewhere else instead.

This thread likely won't go anywhere and be a waste of time unless the knowledgeable staff members are willing to help out.

Cal simply seemed to say that he was neutral and would leave. Wokistan only accepted part of it. And Redgrave does not have the authority to approve content revision threads.

Antvasima said:
Well, if I remember correctly, you seem to be one of the worst offenders, so you preferably all need to either adapt to our conventions and the peaceful and respectful environment we want to maintain here, or go somewhere else instead.
This thread likely won't go anywhere and be a waste of time unless the knowledgeable staff members are willing to help out.
I don't even come with any smoke, I don't insult and alot of staff see me as a neutral well behaved member so......... yeah.

when I said "that isn't gonna work" i'm saying too much deeds has already been done plus the staff weren't that much into sega/archie related verses anyway. I'm a neutral guy but i'm also a realist.

Aight so Shake asked me to comment here again as he had no other options. Whether I agree or not, he just wants this to move on.

Here's the original calc for the Exlipse Cano. Giving it the star statement, it's continent level, not any cosmic level blast.

But that's not my main draw.

I'm still not for this upgrade, sorry.

One, Dark Gaia. I'm not believing Sonic stomped it. One, that just makes no sense. Final boss getting stomped. Two, I was there when Sera upgraded the Emeralds. Her words were something like the CEs Power is as strong as they need to be for the scenario. Sonic straight up wasn't hitting with tier 2 energy unless DG was tier 2 itself.

Also the logic about the negative Chaos Energy feels...strange. Eggman used an Emerald to screw up the planet all the way back in the Advance games, and it didn't turn gray. Surely didn't have positive intentions then.

But mostly, the characters being anywhere near the doomsday weapons makes little sense storywise. They always need to stop it from the inside, and what you're saying is literally anyone worth their salt can wreck the Emerald powered doomsday weapons. Sonic's shown to need his super form to do it in Unleashed's opening. This is pushed even further by the fact that Eggman specifically has machines capable of combating Sonic that are very much not Emerald level. Boss machines (imma just call it that) = Sonic = Eclipse Canon and the like >>>>>>> Boss Machines. Chaos is the biggest offender, with the massive inconsistencies of his portrayal. As I said before, Cheese being > Chaos in any of his forms, let alone Perfect, makes zero sense contextually.

Basically what I'm saying is that the franchise is inconsistent.

I'm sorry. I know i was just supposed to take my leave. I should just go again. Sorry for disappointing.

Problem with that version of the Eclipse Cannon calc there, its for 5 emeralds and the beam is thinner than when it shoots the Black Comet when it is powered by all 7 emeralds. When the beam impacts the moon with 6 emeralds you can even tell the beam is similarly even wider than that instance with 5 going by comaparing it to the diameter of the moon, with 7 its how its intended.

Not to mention that scenario would still neccessarily displace the mass from the center of a star to have the beam go through it and neccessarily require meeting the GPE to push it apart that much, which is large planet level in terms of energy.

If staff input won't be going on in Sonic CRTs, I'll prolly just go to a different wikia lmao.

honestly I kind of agree with Cal a little bit on the dark gaia part but all you need is to harm something to qualify for a tier line so that claim is a little moot as this outclasses normal base statistics anyhow

the machines having a form that can recognize sonic's abilities isn't doing crap considering they can't do anything with that information physically, we've already seen how this goes down in CD and 06. egg dragoon is no pushover, but sonic used the emeralds for convenience and was shown not to need it as weresonic beats a amped and tweaked one near dark gaia's emanation.

also the franchise isn't inconsistent, it's just undermining and overcomplicating certain things with headcannons like "dark gaia tainted the emeralds that's why sewpur sawnick got injured, exhausted and tired even though it's clearly stated the planet's will and light gaia's energy restored them to their absoluute peak of full power but yeah I can't accept that so the first one has to be it lulz XD lmfao" that make it seem so confusing like a delusion of.sorts.

"Cheese being > Chaos in any of his forms, let alone Perfect, makes zero sense contextually" except with context and elaboration you can see that being the case, in sonic battle cream, amy and emerl could tag/keep up with/molley-whop chaos 0 like making pancakes at 11:30 Am on a sunday morning, plus alot of characters are beyond the gameboy era, even though this ain't about cream but the base and super characters.

NGL, that last part by Cal came across as "I can't believe this guy I like is fodder now"

No offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back