• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Where does it say on the page that perception manipulation is given to characters who can percieve the world at superhuman speeds?

Because at that point, 99.999% of the wiki would have.

Yeah, this isn't perception manipulation, just superspeed that extends to the mind

I still don't an argument against Perception Amplification for Sonic other than, "these wiki's with speedsters don't list them".

The term exists. We have a page with the listed definition as "Perception Amplification. The ability to amplify ones perception, allowing them to see or hear much greater than average humans."

"A majority of speedsters have them which makes listing them Redundant". Except, Movie Robotnik is not a speedster.

If Movie Robotnik was driving a really fast car, would that in turn make his perception and reaction really fast too by default? No.

So the quill made him see better or hear better?

Heighten reaction speed isn't actually part of the definition, that's just speed amp.

ElixirBlue said:
"A majority of speedsters have them which makes listing them Redundant". Except, Movie Robotnik is not a speedster.

If Movie Robotnik was driving a really fast car, would that in turn make his perception and reaction really fast too by default? No.
Except, Robotnik's vehicle was amping all categories of speed. A racecar has high travel sped. It doesn't make sharp turns, power missiles to go faster than it, and ultimately be able to keep pace with someone moving at sub-relativistic speeds.

It's a speed amp, not a perception amp.

When "ability to amplify ones perception, allowing them to see . . . much greater than average humans" was added to the definition of perception amplification, I'm pretty sure they were referring to enhanced sight to see things further away or on a microscopic level, or maybe other waves of the electromagnetic spectrum.

They weren't referring to Robotnik being able to process his senses and react/move accordingly a million times faster.

By this logic, I guess we might as well add Body Control as an ability. "Managing the user's own body, allowing higher functional capacity. It is done at the expense of mental commands, via special techniques (breathing techniques, acupuncture, etc.)"

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:
Except, Robotnik's vehicle was amping all categories of speed. A racecar has high travel sped. It doesn't make sharp turns, power missiles to go faster than it, and ultimately be able to keep pace with someone moving at sub-relativistic speeds.

It's a speed amp, not a perception amp.
You aren't making sense why it isn't Perception Amplification. So what if the Vehicle got faster? Robotnik wasn't able to perceive Sonic at his speed till he pressed the button.

The vehicle didn't need to perceive things faster but it's driver does need to perceive events faster to drive it, or are you saying Robotnik could run on foot as fast as Sonic during that Statistic Amplification in order to react to Sonic?

The vehicle itself was not as fast as Sonic. It never was. Even the missiles fired from it weren't.

We see first when Sonic kicks into his speed that missiles are too slow to even be noticeably moving. But when being chased by Eggman, suddenly the missiles are just as if not faster than Sonic.

This goes for Eggman's vehicle as well. The technology needed the speed boost from Sonic's quill, that was the entire theme behind it.

James Plays 4 Games said:
Teen Sonic being in Sonic Forces Speed Battle is non-canon of course, right?
Of course not, that's like saying the Angry Birds should scale to modern Sonic for apearing in Sonic Dash.

Sorry, I was in job interviews

DeathstroketheHedgehog said:
The vehicle itself was not as fast as Sonic. It never was. Even the missiles fired from it weren't.

We see first when Sonic kicks into his speed that missiles are too slow to even be noticeably moving. But when being chased by Eggman, suddenly the missiles are just as if not faster than Sonic.

This goes for Eggman's vehicle as well. The technology needed the speed boost from Sonic's quill, that was the entire theme behind it.
This doesn't really go against what I said when I came to perception.

If you REALLY want to get technical, robotic's finger was moving in the bulit time to press the button well his missiles were standing still, there are close up shots showing this, if you took this at face value you would scale his speed to the explosions (the only other thing moving in that bullet time) that is sorta insane, it would probably be better to just say 'he is portrayed to be able to drive his speed amped vertical without difficultys well chasing sonic' and rate his own speed without it as human (unless he had a speed feat I didn't notice in the moive) just to avoid headaches trying to decide what's a plothole and what's a proper representation of the character's own speed.

Edit: I'm not sure why it says reply to number 72, I didn't mean quote anyone, I think maybe I just hit the quote bottom to get down here faster on mobile to type the reply

Galactagod said:
Does this count as Multiple Personalities or is it just a joke?
Sonic talks to himself all across the movie, most notable when he's playing a baseball game alone (at every position) and when he's um, in therapy, as himself and the therapist, it's play as a 'I'm so lonely I need to talk to someone' kinda joke I think, but it looks like it's mostly a joke.

Also that he's fast enough to do all those things, I'm sure that's part of it, tho um, if you wanted to say he was a little loopy in the head from being isolated for years, the movie dose sorta support that idea, tho I don't know if that is relevant to this wiki, or to what degree he really would be, or if they would even keep that aspect for the sequel

I am as well. I want to make the changes. Preparation is a no brainer but I'm wondering if anyone has conflicts with Summoning.

Yeah, Tom having Social Influencing is a stretch. That was just his big anime speech

If you guys wanna add perception manip still, you got make a thread on whether speedy characters get the ability or not first.

Back