• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a joke, is not an explosion at all. Nothing was damaged, so the formula can't apply.
The shockwave still has enough force behind it to push back clouds across the planet by some decent distance and is still shown knocking back eggman and pushing some of those giant mushrooms back

Don't get why that's just being blatantly ignored the intent was still to show the shockwave had force but they're not also gonna level the entire area just because

The shockwave still has enough force behind it to push back clouds across the planet by some decent distance and is still shown knocking back eggman and pushing some of those giant mushrooms back
If you seriously think Eggman/Mushrooms wouldn't be obliterated from such a force, then I don't see how can you still argue this.

If you seriously think Eggman/Mushrooms wouldn't be obliterated from such a force, then I don't see how can you still argue this.
And that would obviously just be an obviously large outlier for eggman but the literal intent of the scene is the quill having enough power to send a shockwave and signal a long distance to summon knuckles by having him be draw to it's power, I'd rather actually keep the intent of the scene in context with extra bits that are shown to present it having force especially knuckles was literally there because of the power that was detected vs looking at eggman being knocked back as nothing but an outlier and some mushrooms being destroyed as just some PIS to still have their scene work

If context and intent for what the movie was showing and the point of the shockwaves means nothing then sure I suppose I have nothing more to say about it

And that would obviously just be an obviously large outlier for eggman but the literal intent of the scene is the quill having enough power to send a shockwave and signal a long distance to summon knuckles by having him be draw to it's power, I'd rather actually keep the intent of the scene in context with extra bits that are shown to present it having force especially knuckles was literally there because of the power that was detected vs looking at eggman being knocked back as nothing but an outlier and some mushrooms being destroyed as just some PIS to still have their scene work

If context and intent for what the movie was showing and the point of the shockwaves means nothing then sure I suppose I have nothing more to say about it
Yeah no, Mushrooms would have been obliterated as well as they're literally just giant mushrooms and Eggman would have been launched several kms away if is so strong as you claim.

The authors just don't know how powerful a shockwave like that would be. Is literally trying to apply AP basing on decibels, despite authors don't know how strong those are irl.

Is literally trying to apply AP basing on decibels,
Just saying we still do this and its not a problem🤷‍♀️😗
The authors just don't know how powerful a shockwave like that would be
While I still believe you can just as easily argue that the other way around I'll just drop it out of respect to not make this some circular argument lasting like another page lol, that'd be pointless

Just saying we still do this and its not a problem🤷‍♀️😗
That's a case that's accepted tho.
While I still believe you can just as easily argue that the other way around I'll just drop it out of respect to not make this some circular argument lasting like another page lol, that'd be pointless
Let's now apply E=MC^2 given that's author intention despite the result being flawed, let's apply KE anywhere despite the destruction is not that visible given that's author intention and so on then.

Let's now apply E=MC^2 given that's author intention despite the result being flawed, let's apply KE anywhere despite the destruction is not that visible given that's author intention and so on then.
I mean I already said I'll drop it but also I obviously didn't mean specifc mathematics from all of what I said so this is a goofy dig considering I talked about the intent of the scene and how they presented it, never said they knew the specifc mathematics but still had intent in the scene shit the plot even to have the power from the quill and its shockwave thats shown to have force draw in knuckles. Idk why you're acting oblivious like I haven't been talking about intent in presentation and the context of the story vs your dig acting as if I'm saying the intent was in accurate mathematics

Any once again since I have to say it again I'm dropping it so no more snarky replies yeah?

If it's a fishy case to advocate for inverse square law to discredit the feat, we do have to ignore stuff getting affected to say x is not that powerful. It's like people surviving without any bleeding from their ears, ruptured organs near doomsday vs superman punches for ex. Lois surviving this at ground zero when rocks around her are shattered by the shockwave:

Also, this case was accepted too, it's just being pushed back after it was already applied.

If it's a fishy case to advocate for inverse square law to discredit the feat, we do have to ignore stuff getting affected to say x is not that powerful. It's like people surviving without any bleeding from their ears, ruptured organs near doomsday vs superman punches for ex. Lois surviving this at ground zero when rocks around her are shattered by the shockwave:

Also, this case was accepted too, it's just being pushed back after it was already applied.

False equivalence because the area still was damaged unlike in this case lol.

Instead of arguing honestly easy solution just pull in a CGM give them the details for the context of the scene, story, and presentation and see if they think this still works or not there are matters that are simply case by case and this isn't going to get anywhere with just us

Considering this whole discussion is to make Sonic strong at the cost of even ignore said context, I don't see how's that even needed but ok.

Considering this whole discussion is to make Sonic strong at the cost of even ignore said context, I don't see how's that even needed but ok.
My guy I'm about to go to sleep💀💀💀 you gou give the details by all means if you're worried about someone else doing so in a manner that favors one way, just answer both sides of this appropriately

If its accepted its accepted if not then in this case its fine either way we have another scaling solution so no need to be up in your britches about itn whwn this can be cut and dry

According the KLOL the feat is still valid just needs to be adjusted to .15 psi but should work since the energy to launch someone with shockwaves the way eggman was would be "way higher" than the energy to shatter glass the way the .15 psi value does

See here

So we should be good as long ss the necessary adjustments are made

Edit:This should help

Last edited:
Actually since KLOL already did the work in the comments I'll just blog the new result and ask for evaluation before bed since it's just copy and pasting really but FYI the new value will be 31 gigatons at 6-C

alright the calc is blogged here and I already informed KLOL I blogged it, asked @AbaddonTheDisappointment for an evaluation and put the calc up for evaluations in the evaluations thread, should be accepted without problem since this is KLOL's recalc from the comments so I'd say for now this should be the value we just use on the profiles since I mean it pretty obviously is gonna be accepted

The approach used for 6-C seems far more acceptable so...

Given that the Eggpod uses one Quill, it should be directly 6-C, and Sonic with Chaos Energy should straight up be 6-C without the High 8-C bit, with a higher after mastering said Chaos Energy.

eggman with his emerald key is also missing a speed rating and I'd say either relativistic or at least relativistic should be fine scaling to the main cast, im sure it was just forgotten while everything was being added but still

Super Sonic and Emerald Eggman should not have anything above "At least Relativistic" as they don't have a speed feat.

It's all good lol.

So are the profiles fine to re-edit and adjust, or do we need some more staff? Granted I won't be able to edit for a while cuz I'm on mobile

There's absolutely no reason Super Sonic should be slower than the speed in which Base Sonic's blasts can travel.
Especially when the Master Emerald was directly stated to amplify the power of the holder. Super Sonic would still be way above a Chaos Energy charged Base Sonic, in all aspects

OK so the summary of the acceppted stuff rn is this:
Island level with Chaos Energy at first (Can fight the Eggpod, which harnessed the energy of his quill and was amplified to this level. Caused power across the Pacific Northwest to go out after using his power for the first time in years), higher with Chaos Energy after mastering it (After getting full confidence and control in his own powers, he has absorbed the power of the quill which the Eggpod was using and easily overpowered it shortlyafter)

OK so the summary of the acceppted stuff rn is this:
Island level with Chaos Energy at first (Can fight the Eggpod, which harnessed the energy of his quill and was amplified to this level. Caused power across the Pacific Northwest to go out after using his power for the first time in years), higher with Chaos Energy after mastering it (After getting full confidence and control in his own powers, he has absorbed the power of the quill which the Eggpod was using and easily overpowered it shortlyafter)
Yes and this sorta format will carry over to knuckles with him just being island level with chaos energy

Also eggman speed stuff

gonna ask about something I found strange about the profiles rating in the discussion thread... may affect scaling of the wall level ratings(upgrade wise) if it requires a CRT

rather not ask here since we're already two pages in ya know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back