• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Humpty Dumpty, had a great fall~

Omg, Humpty Dumpty and Robotnik dryhumping? ******* works.

If you have ever prepared for a test, you technically should have Preparation don't @ me

Why does Eggman have resistance to perception manipulation?

Sonic's perception manipulation was solely speed-related, so anything moving fast enough would be able to keep up with Sonic. All Eggman did was give himself a speed boost. Sonic even complains in movie that "no was has ever been able to keep up with me before". It's not like resisting having their scent picked up or being visually seen or anything.

Apparently we have to go give everyone who keeps up with speedsters resistance to perception manipulation.

DatOneWeeb said:
In the film, everything is slowed down by Sonic's own perception, but once he uses his quill, Robotnik can now keep up with him.
We already got that on the profile. It's resistance to percept manip

DatOneWeeb said:
In the film, everything is slowed down by Sonic's own perception, but once he uses his quill, Robotnik can now keep up with him.
That's because Robotnik himself increases his speed to be on Sonic's level. I don't suppose we have to give 90% of fiction resistance to perception manipulation just because they can keep up with a speedster.

Are you saying that Robotnik using Sonic's quill can't go at Hypersonic+ speeds if Sonic isn't increasing his perception rate? Because that's the only way it can make sense if it's gonna be counted as resistance.

If the bullets and missiles were as fast as Sonic, or even faster than Sonic, would they still be affected by the speed perception because they don't have resistance? Or would this suddenly make those bullets resistant to perception manipulation?

Would that make light itself in the paramount universe resistant to perception manipulation?

Hopefully the picture is clear here. At absolute best, this should only be considered Statistics Amplification for increasing Robotnik's speed. But even then, it's arguable to say that this is is 'with equipment' rather than some super saiyan powerup (though I'm neutral on this matter).

Yes, Sonic gets perception manipulation from his speed, but in the movie it appears he needs to actually activate it otherwise he would everything would always be slow for him. Robotnik was the same case here as activating the quill granted him the resistance.

What speedster in fiction doesn't seem to toggle it? They all do it, honestly for cinematic effects more than anything else, so this just goes back to every issue I've listed in my previous comment.

I agree. Sonic doesn't have Perception Manipulation. He's just extremely fast.

Perception Amplification. The ability to amplify ones perception, allowing them to see or hear much greater than average humans.

I would like to raise a question. Should Robotnik have Summoning included in his profile?

When he's introduced to the military, he uses his gloves to send a swarm of Badniks/egg drones from his truck into the air. And at Tom's house, he enters alone and whistles to call a nearby drone after finding Sonic's quill.

I think it's a plausible addition, but I might be wrong.

I want to mention that Sonic is 13-14 years old according to the movie's director. It's relatively minor, but i still feel that should be added to Sonic's page.

If Preparation and Summoning is all agreed upon, I can add them.

What about "Perception Amplification via Statistics Amplification for Movie Robotnik."

I don't think it would be fitting. Like, I guess we could say that by going as fast as Sonic, Robotnik would likely have Perception Amplification - if he didn't, he would likely hit something and fricking D I E. Still, the movie doesn't show any instances of such ability, so I don't know if it would work in the profile.

How does the movie not show it? Robotnik's Perception was slow mo till he pushed the big red button.

Perception Manipulation, when given to speed characters, is to show how they view the environment when operating at super speed.

When a character has all speed categories (travel speed, reaction speed, combat speed, basically general speed) on high, then they by default should be able to react to those things since they have a far quicker thinking time. Honestly when a character reaches all these conditions, there's no reason to think someone wouldn't be qualified.

... actually hold up. In the middle of typing this comment, I was gonna search up some pages for examples and found out the exact opposite. Other popular speedy characters o this wiki don't have perception manipulation for speed, so I was right all along.

So perception manipulation should be removed entirely. Not because Paramount Sonic doesn't have it, but because it's redundant to a character of super speed.

Yeah, speed characters usually don't have Perception Manipulation but Movie Sonic shown he has.

But Movie Quicksilver should have it, just no one added it.

Game Sonic doesn't qualify.

Movie Sonic does.

If other characters like Metro Man doesn't have on their wiki, their fans should make a CRT to put it on.

Idunno if you're on your phone or something, but I need you to go back and refer to my comment with the links. And yes, I mean links. That is not one link, that is multiple links to multiple characters, one page for each word.

Honestly, bringing up Metro Man is just another example to add to my collection.

Wiki pages that prove that adding perception manipulation to the Sonic page is redundant.

I've already gave a thorough explanation of why it wasn't needed, and then listed several examples that the wiki has been going by that same logic this whole time.

To try to flip the entire wiki just so you can give a page a redundant ability is a problem that I hope that you can see.

Sonic's Bullet Time is evidently something that he can activate at will (even when standing still) instead of simply how he perceives the world while moving at high speeds like most other Speedsters. It'd fall under a facet of Perception Manipulation:

• "Perception Amplification. The ability to amplify ones perception, allowing them to see or hear much greater than average humans. "
It not being listed as Perception Amplification for other Speedsters doesn't really dispute the fact that Sonic technically qualifies for it.

Back