• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, here's Tom Watchowski.

@Robot972 I am aware of that calc and I asked one of my friends to see if he can check it out. The scene in the film is almost exactly the same. Only difference being Sonic's looks and dialogue.

In my opinion, it was an above average videogame kid's movie. Definitely one of the better videogame films out there

So a enjoyable film Nice

Just finished the movie! Everyone in the theater cheered loudly at the after credits. What a great scene! 😁

Yes! Also, there is a lot set up for a potential universe with making the movie seem like it's own thing.

If Shadow isn't in the second or third movie I'm gonna riot

Too early for Shadow. There isn't enough set up for Shadow.

Tails isn't even introduced to Sonic and Robotnik is Trapped with broken gear on another planet.

I know this is a new Continuity so the order of things don't matter but Shadow's 1st introduction would be too early. He's always been perfect to be introduced into the story after Sonic establish some form of public notoriety.

Yeah I'm mostly joking about Shadow. Knuckles however, I think has plenty of merit to be in the next films (because we've seen an echidna tribe and Mushroom Hill Zone)

Yyeeeeeeesss. I need one scene of Knuckles clocking Sonic in the face on the big screen. Sonic vs Knuckles, Super Speed vs Super Strength, is one of the favorite matchups of the franchise.

... what if that echidna tribe is going to lead into the Sonic vs Knuckles fight? And what if Robotnik uses that animosity trick the Echidna tribe to fight Sonic for him?

There is surprisingly a lot of potential for story in the sequels...

I totally think there could be conflict between Sonic and Knuckles. They could probably connect Knuckles to the tribe that attacked Sonic and Longclaw, so obviously Sonic is gonna hold a grudge

I'm actually crying. I've been through this cycle before of getting hyped for something Sonic related. I don't want to get burned but...

omg... XD That movie was above mediocre. It's really good. Not Oscar bait but I don't really care.

Yeah, it's definitely a good video game adaptation. The only time SEGA beats Nintendo

Nintendo is making an animated Mario movie at the studio that makes Despicable me.

Hmm... If Nintendo is feeling a rivalry, and if Paramount actually goes through with creating a Sonic universe...

Mario and Sonic rivalry Reignited at the box office?

Super Ascended Sean Pazdera said:
Not really. Calcs can be unnecessary if you can obviously tell that something's a certain size just by looking.
Having calcs is not only more satisfying, but more accurate as well. Sure, Wall level stuff can be eyeballed most of the time, but when it goes into the range of guesing with Small Building, it gets very iffy

Pretty much the Calcs (and profiles) are why I put a lot of stock on the VSBW website.

Lonkitt said:
Having calcs is not only more satisfying, but more accurate as well. Sure, Wall level stuff can be eyeballed most of the time, but when it goes into the range of guesing with Small Building, it gets very iffy
It does, but I'd rather be linked to the feat that be linked to a calc of a feat that is glaringly obviously at that level, which has happened to me quite a lot in the past.

Thoughts for Everyone:

If Paramount is going all in for a Sonic Movie franchise, hypothetically, what would Donut Lord's role be in the movies?

I like the level of importance he has in the 1st Sonic movie and he shouldn't overshadow any of the game characters but the characterization that was made had me want him to stay around.

What I got from the movie, is that he would play as a rendezvous point at Green Hill for Sonic and Friends to have a place to relax between heavy plot points. Possibly get fight scenes with other characters.

Tom and Sonic has a nice contrast in the movie. Tom physically fights Dr. Robotnik hand to hand but Sonic can't do that since he is too powerful for the good doctor.

Super Ascended Sean Pazdera said:
Lonkitt said:
It does, but I'd rather be linked to the feat that be linked to a calc of a feat that is glaringly obviously at that level, which has happened to me quite a lot in the past.
That doesn't mean that we should just ignore calcs and eyeball things all together. Besides, even if you're Small Building level, the numbers within said level can differ quite a lot and really change a battle more than you'd think

@ElixirBlue

I did think Tom was a better human companion than I expected him to be, so I agree that it would be interesting to see where they take him for the continuations. It's likely he'll be more of a "behind the scenes" guy if that makes sense. Basically, while Sonic's taking his more direct approaches, Tom's helping in smaller, but effective ways.

That's one prediction I got anyways

Yeah sonic is definitely above wall level in the movie, like i said before in the desert he creates a small tornado and eggman blows the sphinx i think.

About speed, there's the missile/bullets scene and the fact that sonic can also move really fast while everything is frozen in the bar.

I can't recall Robotnik blowing up the sphinx, but there's a decent amount of explosions in the movie. Also, yeah, aside from the EMP and explosions, I never even considered a calc for the whirlwind Sonic creates

Outrunning explosions differs, but this Sonic is likely around that speed if not higher

Do we have Speed Of Light attack speed with "sonic boom"-like EMP?

Or is that scene cut out?

It's in the movie, but sonic can only do this while "amped" with strong feelings. His normal self will possibly scale to the sphinx or whirlwind feats.

It's not a goddamm amp, it's more like going all out, there's no need to for keys as if Sonic can't go all out normaly, it's obvious that Sonic doesn't like to use his full power, as saying he must run, only at the end he realises he should use them to fight and not run anymore

Theuser789 said:
It's not a goddamm amp, it's more like going all out, there's no need to for keys as if Sonic can't go all out normaly, it's obvious that Sonic doesn't like to use his full power, as saying he must run, only at the end he realises he should use them to fight and not run anymore
Sonic gets powered up like this 3 times in the movie, in the first time he gets really upset by the fact that he's lonely and starts running, he obviously didn't meant to generate all that energy. In the second time he gets angry at Tom because he wants to leave Green Hills and doesn't seem to notice that he's powering up until he has to attack Robotnik's car in which he one-shots, then in the ending after hearing Tom saying how he's way more human than Robotnik and he's his friend. The movie shows that Sonic mostly gets like this in emotional situations until near the end, though you could argue that in the final battle he learns how to use his powers properly.

And about the feat in the beggining of the movie, i think it can be used after the calcs since sonic never gets damaged while going all out, he one-shots the car and only takes some hits to destroy the ship amped with his quill.

Back