• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
When one is invulnerable, couldn't they have a specific type of invulnerability that targets physical damage?

Yes.

As for the general question. If a character outright states they have invulnerability after or before receiving a powerful attack. Would that be enough to be classified?

No.

Alright. Thanks for the clarification.

So here's the way I see it, right

The Time Eater is... Pretty well agreed to be stronger than Dark Gaia I imagine, right?
Well uh
Time Eater basically can't touch Super Sonic
But Dark Gaia can hurt a Post 06 Super Sonic
So uh
That kiiiiinda say's something about the nature of how Sonic is tanking these attack's
In fact, in general, outside of Solaris making sense (As he's likely the strongest Pre-Frontier's Villain at minimum), who can and can't hurt a Super Form usually have a vast disparity in AP. Beings who should, by all means, be stronger than those who hurt Super Form's, simply can't harm Super Sonic. So, it seems more likely that those cases who can hurt him have some form of Hax, and Invulnerability is less convoluted than this Durability Negation argument.

might as well present my view on the matter, i think invulnerability should stay simply because high durability creates contradictions within the franchise, such as with characters like perfect chaos and the 4 titans, where even when they are all powered up by the same thing as sonic, they can't harm him, but he can harm them, if the emerald give a boost in defense so much higher than attack, then why can sonic harm them but not the contrary? this is even more apparent with dark gaia, his tentacles can harm super sonic by physically striking him, which by newtons 3th law would make them scale to super sonic in durability, but then sonic can harm them no problem, even when characters powered up by the same power source as him, and thus comparable, can't harm him, even with metal overlord, which is stated stronger than the emeralds, couldn't harm super sonic, and then there is the eggsalamander and eggwizard situation, the eggsalamander can harm super sonic with it's missiles, but the canonically stronger eggwizard can't, which wouldn't make sense if it was a mere factor of defense, so i disagree with the crt

Back