• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic Revision Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sera Loveheart said:
Super Sonic's variable tier works because of the nature of the power source which empowers him. Superman on the other hand is written by several different writers and thus there are inconsistencies and contradictions to his character period. Not just power wise but personality, and sometimes even appearance.
He struggled agaisnt Dark Gaia who's only planetary level then can beat universal people with just ease? Those two feats are definite outliers.

I'm not going over this a million times. I've explained plenty of times on this thread and the previous one how the Chaos Emeralds work and how they are a trump card fundamentally different from say Superman's outlier feats or tropes like the "Power of Friendship".

I'm so sick of the animosity regarding Tier 2 Sonic that I honestly couldn't give a damn if it's passed or not. My goal is Classic, Adventure, and Base Sonic being separated from each other and thus an upgrade for Modern Sonic, etc. That is accepted, so this thread is over with. I have more important things to take care of in my acutal life than explain this bazillion times, hence why I'm making a blog.

Ah, I hope I'm not being a bother, but I think I may know how to sate the doubters. Since Super Sonic's Tier 5 and Tier 4 feats consistently occur after a villain has meddled with the Chaos Emeralds therefore weakening them, and since Super Sonic's Tier 2 feats occur when no villain has meddled with the Emeralds or after Sonic experiences an emotional moment with friends therefore strengthening them, perhaps it would be wise to create a key for "Weakened Emeralds" (that's for the Tier 4 & 5 stuff) and a key for "Fully Powered Emeralds" (that's for the Tier 2 stuff)?

If my suggestion is no help, then please disregard it.

Follow Doctor Freeman is mostly correct. Anyway the tiers are in the OP in Azzy's suggestion.

What about fighting Imperator Ix, who created a blast that engulfed a large protion of Angel Island? Which era would that be in?

Sonic Chronicles? It released slightly before Unleashed, but I consider it part of the Modern Era. My blog will explain every era and what games fit where. Matt already gave a rough version above.

As someone who's very well versed in Sonic lore and whatnot, I agree with everything Sera is saying.

The only thing I don't fully understand is why Classic, Adventure, and Modern Sonic need their own separate pages. Is it to help with organisation or are they being treated as separate entities? This might have been explained and I missed it, this was a lot to read through.

Sera Loveheart said:
Okay. I'll perform the edits when I have the time.
Sera is very busy with real life stuff. She will make the edits in due time, just be patient. If not, we have like three admins can we contact offsite if they are willing to perform them if she can't.

If need be, I'll change. If it's accepted, whether I agree or not (and for the most part, I do), I'll change it, given I'm only one person.

Sera Loveheart said:
I'm not going over this a million times. I've explained plenty of times on this thread and the previous one how the Chaos Emeralds work and how they are a trump card fundamentally different from say Superman's outlier feats or tropes like the "Power of Friendship".
I'm so sick of the animosity regarding Tier 2 Sonic that I honestly couldn't give a damn if it's passed or not. My goal is Classic, Adventure, and Base Sonic being separated from each other and thus an upgrade for Modern Sonic, etc. That is accepted, so this thread is over with. I have more important things to take care of in my acutal life than explain this bazillion times, hence why I'm making a blog.
If the chaos emeralds were such a trump card then Sonic wouldn't need help from others in certain instances(I.E. Solaris and Time Eater). Or not using the chaos emeralds at all(I.E. Storybook series).

That doesn't make any sense

He received help in 06 by sharing his own power with Shadow and Silver. Chaos Emerald induced power.

Time Eater? He recieved help from Classic Sonic empowered by the same power source.

Storybook? Those take place in completely different worlds, the emeralds aren't even part of those narratives.

Sera Loveheart said:
That doesn't make any sense
He received help in 06 by sharing his own power with Shadow and Silver. Chaos Emerald induced power.

Time Eater? He recieved help from Classic Sonic empowered by the same power source.

Storybook? Those take place in completely different worlds, the emeralds aren't even part of those narratives.
1. Why did he need to share his power with Shadow and Silver? If they're such a trump card he should of been able to do it himself.

2. Same exact question, if the chaos emerald is such a trump card he shouldn't be able to do it himself.

3. Sonic is shown in unleashed to summon the chaos emeralds out of pure random, you're telling me sonic couldn't do the same thing in the storybook world? Before you use the whole "canon" argument, Sonic in Generations makes a breif mention to it.

This are the exact reasons why those 2 feats are outliers.

Why are you arguing the semantics of "trump card" to discredit Super Sonic's feats? Sera isn't even arguing Super Sonic to be stronger than Solaris. She's putting him at 2-C which makes sence because it took 3 characters with that teir to beat a 2-B character.

You could argue that Moder or Classic Sonic could have beaten the Time Eater alone but that's not really the point.

Sonic was able to bring the emeralds together in Unleashed because they were close by, he can't just summon them. Even if he could the storybook series take place in different worlds entirely.

Foneybone1 said:
Why are you arguing the semantics of "trump card" to discredit Super Sonic's feats? Sera isn't even arguing Super Sonic to be stronger than Solaris. She's putting him at 2-C which makes sence because it took 3 characters with that teir to beat a 2-B character.

You can argue that Moder or Classic Sonic could have beaten the Time Eater alone but that's not really the point.

Sonic was able to bring the emeradle together in Unleshed because they where close by, he can't just summon them. Even if he could the storybook series take place in different worlds entirely.
1.I'm arguing Solaris and Time Eater being outliers in general. Sera added in the whole trump card idea and I posted my response.

2.It's never shown nor stated that Modern or Classic can beat Time Eater alone unless you count game mechanics(which by that logic sonic can be killed by any wall level badnick).

3.Where is that exactly stated that the emeralds are close by?

Why would they be outliers? Because they're stronger than the other sonic bosses? They're high end feats.

I wasn't actually trying to argue they could but I was basing that on Modern Sonic being the one who actually damages him during the fight. However after rewatching the cutscene they both defeat him so whatever.

If you're refering to the opening cutscene he had them the whole time. If you mean when he went super to fight Dark Gaia they where in the gaia temples.

Oh boy...

Sonic can't summon the emeralds out of nowhere literally. Only if they are in his possesison, meaning he collected all seven prior. Sonic only wears gloves and shoes...where would he keep the emeralds? It's like a cartoon character pulling out a hammer from literally nowhere and obviously didn't seem to have it in their possession.

Seriously, the revision will be done Tier 2 Super Sonic or not, I'm just too exauhsted with my own personal business.

Sera Loveheart said:
Oh boy...
Sonic can't summon the emeralds out of nowhere literally. Only if they are in his possesison, meaning he collected all seven prior. Sonic only wears gloves and shoes...where would he keep the emeralds? It's like a cartoon character pulling out a hammer from literally nowhere and obviously didn't seem to have it in their possession.

Seriously, the revision will be done Tier 2 Super Sonic or not, I'm just too exauhsted with my own personal business.
1. I've seen what he's done in unleashed and it has never opnely been explainned.

2. I'm not complaining at all about the revision in general I'm arguing on the basis that Time Eater and Solaris being seen as actual feats instead of outliers, where have I stated any of your info was wrong from stating that Solaris and TIme Eater are outliers?

you mentioned that it takes 3 characters to beat solaris who is 2-B only…Solaris was across 3 different time periods so take it how you will but even then thats still a tier 2 feat

At this point discussing whether tier 2 feats are outliers is kind off irrelevant since mostly everyone agrees with it being the high end of the variable tier

1/3 of Solaris's power would most certainly still be 2-B. Apparently the gap between Low 2-C and 2-C alone is so high that one can be able to perform Low 2-C feats with a mere breath of air or hearbeat yet still be weaker than a 2-C. And Solaris is considerably (yet uquantifiably) above the baseline 1000 universe requirement for 2-B as well.

@SuperSwordMaster

If he could just summon the chaos emeralds, then why did he need to collect all of them in generations ? Couldn't he just summon them ?

Also, can I do the edits for you-know-who ? For his super form I'm not sure if I should put him at 2-B but Sera doesn't really care about it (it's not like I do either, I was waiting for base sonic to get an upgrade :3) so I won't change it

Btw, Ryu makes sense

To reiterate,

Super Sonic's speed should be At least FTL+, at most MFTL+ because moving in a timeless void and attacking Solaris in all timelines is temporal resistance and temporal hax respectively.

Only Shadow and Silver scale from this.

No more arguing about the super states. The tier is at least 5-B, at most 2-B (lowest showings and highest showings). This is a case-by-case scenario accepted due to the chaos emeralds and their nature of being logically backed by its narrative. No outlier or anti-feat arguments. Case-by-case is why this was accepted.

Elione-Arisu said:
@SuperSwordMaster
If he could just summon the chaos emeralds, then why did he need to collect all of them in generations ? Couldn't he just summon them ?

Also, can I do the edits for you-know-who ? For his super form I'm not sure if I should put him at 2-B but Sera doesn't really care about it (it's not like I do either, I was waiting for base sonic to get an upgrade :3) so I won't change it

Btw, Ryu makes sense
  • Shrugs* I guess because other people had it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back