• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Ups and Downs for Touhou Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say Merry and Renko are perfectly reliable sources.

I wouldn't say Merry and Renko are perfectly reliable sources.
It alluded to that they were experiencing the truth
地底のビジョンは地獄の物なのか
――感度の上がったメリーのアンテナが、日本の真実を想像する。
Are these visions of the underground Hell?
- Merry pictures the truth of Japan through the increased sensitivity of her antenna.

Well likelihood is, either renko and maribel would have either had to have had some vision of amitabha to make a statement like that. Or they likely just got it from some religious studies.

They were just talking about Amitabha's size, as if it were a bit of information they already had; it seems unrelated to the experience they just had of Hell besides the comparison of size that they were making.

If we're downgrading from High 3-A I'd say the most reasonable downgrade would be "At least 4-A, possibly higher" or something to that effect, so as to avoid this pointless bitching about whether or not Amitabha is really that big.

They were just talking about Amitabha's size, as if it were a bit of information they already had; it seems unrelated to the experience they just had of Hell besides the comparison of size that they were making.

If we're downgrading from High 3-A I'd say the most reasonable downgrade would be "At least 4-A, possibly higher" or something to that effect, so as to avoid this pointless bitching about whether or not Amitabha is really that big.
Honestly, with the netherworld world statement, we could probably use it for possibly high-3A to that avail or else this is just going to be an infinite regression because "it is said" is still in the realm of possibility.

I'd say 'possibly higher' is the best bet given the source we're dealing with saying it without total confidence.

So whats the consensus for the Infinite speed feats so far?

Reisen’s Door sealing = not accepted
Youmu sword width = not accepted
Kaguya instant = not accepted; could be just lower than planck second or femtosecond reaction time (which tbf both are pretty good in MFTL+ ranges)
Suika destroying an infinite world = mistranslated
Eientei moving without time = not considered valid for Infinite speed according to wiki rules

Is there any other infinite speed feat I missed?

I'd say 'possibly higher' is the best bet given the source we're dealing with saying it without total confidence.
there's some odd shenanigans in the joon/shion vs tenshi fight since she's shaking all of heaven and this happened (33:18 timestamp)

There's also this statement
Tenshi天空に住む天人の戦い方を
見せてやろう!
お前達を倒したら
天界を滅ぼし
地上を滅ぼし
人類を滅ぼし
地をならし
美しい四季を作り
新しい生命を造り
悲しむ事のない心を創り
貧する事のない社会を作り
この世界全てを
創り直してやろう!
死に腐れ! 外道の神々よ!
Witness the fighting style
of someone who lives in the sky!
A celestial!
Once I beat you two,
I'll destroy Heaven,
destroy the Earth,
destroy humanity,
tame the land,
make four beautiful seasons,
create new life,
give them hearts
that never feel sad,
build a society
where no one's poor...
I'll remake this entire world!
Rot in death!
You heretic gods!

sorry I didn't bring this up earlier had a brain fart from mid term exams this week

Well the heavens clearly have galaxies in them, so 3-B heavens is a given.....

The characters scale to the heavens how again? If suika doesnt shatter them entirely....

Eh, no.
Most of the otherworlds should be equal at least in base, knowing that they are still stated to be brane worlds and knowing how Touhou follows strings theory and brane cosmology this seems consistent.
The Land of Backdoor connects with many worlds, we know that by the fact that it has several doors connecting with Gensokyo and more.
We still has things like the Hell being infinite, each world being separated by spatio-temporal boundaries, Makai's size, etc. So it still pretty consistent with the actual ratings.
I can't say much atm, but when I could I'll provide more information and context about it.

Well the heavens clearly have galaxies in them, so 3-B heavens is a given.....

The characters scale to the heavens how again? If suika doesnt shatter them entirely....
Tenshi's dream world clone has the energy to passively shake it, and she was gonna destroy all of it. Joon and Shion fight her to capture her. Dream world counterparts are equal to the real world versions as shown in violet detector when okina takes away the amp that she gave to Sumireko's clone and they were dead even afterwards.

The Land of the Backdoor doesn't have to be infinite to do that, and no, the Otherworlds can blatantly be different sizes; they've been compared in size, some Otherworlds can be overcrowded and others can be infinite in size, etc. Just not how it works. Some are infinite, some aren't.

The Land of the Backdoor doesn't have to be infinite to do that, and no, the Otherworlds can blatantly be different sizes; they've been compared in size, some Otherworlds can be overcrowded and others can be infinite in size, etc. Just not how it works. Some are infinite, some aren't.
Prom if the feat works for you I can give some of the scaling chain on the top of my head who the feat would scale to

I'd rather deal with what Hecatia Gaming has to offer before moving on like the situation is completely done with now.

I'm not sure how we typically treat dimensions with starry backgrounds seemingly depicting galaxies. I seem to remember people being 4-A for such things before, but I'm not sure.

Well we dunno tenshis timeframe for destroying it if she was even serious about that. Shaking it would be a good 4-A feat though

I'd rather deal with what Hecatia Gaming has to offer before moving on like the situation is completely done with now.

I'm not sure how we typically treat dimensions with starry backgrounds seemingly depicting galaxies. I seem to remember people being 4-A for such things before, but I'm not sure.
that's fine for now. I just presented the heaven stuff just so we don't downgrade the entire verse to like country level or something like that. If Hecatia_Gaming has anything else to present I'm all for it.

I'm sorta bewildered at how many blatant misinterpretations of canon material are showing up here. Like, is it not, like, page 2 information that the Sanzu River's size varies based on the usage of Komachi's ability? I'm not a Touhou expert or anything and even I can instantly call bullshit there. It's literally in the second paragraph of the wiki page; if you bring up something so blatantly incorrect again I'm going to have to assume that you're deliberately misrepresenting information to wank Touhou.
The taste of vindication is always sweet.

There's also something we need to consider here, particularly about how such a blatant misrepresentation as that passing also puts into serious question the veracity or even "good faith" of any of the other claims made in this thread and the other recent Touhou upgrade threads.

The taste of vindication is always sweet.

There's also something we need to consider here, particularly about how such a blatant misrepresentation as that passing also puts into serious question the veracity or even "good faith" of any of the other claims made in this thread and the other recent Touhou upgrade threads.
Putting the beef that you have with the others aside for a second what's your input on the Tenshi feat I gave

Hmmm strange, I thought we have 2-C feats. Why are we discussing lower feats like 4-A? Unless this like the low end, like "At least 4-A, possibly 2-C".

Also we need to find other speed feats other than Infinite speed stuff since they're all not accepted unfortunately. Do we have calcs for MFTL+ stuff for Touhou? Outside of the Amitabha stuff since Prom said earlier that's very vague.

Hmmm strange, I thought we have 2-C feats. Why are we discussing lower feats like 4-A? Unless this like the low end, like "At least 4-A, possibly 2-C".

Also we need to find other speed feats other than Infinite speed stuff since they're all not accepted unfortunately. Do we have calcs for MFTL+ stuff for Touhou? Outside of the Amitabha stuff since Prom said earlier that's very vague.
Prom has an issue with the dream world stuff and them not being their own space-times we're waiting on Hecatia to give their side of the argument.

Oh wow... Okay. Was that the only Low 2-C/2-C feat? The wikia had Touhou characters at Low 2-C for a while so we should review those feats as well.

Oh wow... Okay. Was that the only Low 2-C/2-C feat? The wikia had Touhou characters at Low 2-C for a while so we should review those feats as well.
We talked about the others being haxed related and Miko's senkai is infinitely expanding rather than being infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back