• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some haxless 9-B guy fights a planet buster brick (Pyro vs Minotaur)

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Full disclosure, this is more of an experiment than a real VS Match. I've seen people on this website argue that high temperatures ignore durability, almost acting as hax unless someone has feats of withstanding them. Today, I want to push that notion to its logical extreme.

Speed is equalized, and SBA is in effect. The two start five meters apart.

On one side, Pyro from Team Fortress, allowed only their Stock equipment, which consists of a shotgun, an axe (both useless) and most relevantly, a flamethrower. On the other side, Minotaur from Marvel Comics. A Planet level character who has very few abilities, and no showings of Temperature resistance. Minotaur is a pretty unimpressive character for his tier- no useful P&A, no showings of skill, just high stats. If Pyro's fire is indeed capable of harming him, then this Wall level character will be capable of easily defeating a Planet level character, despite being about 3.5996581 x 10^25 times weaker. If it isn't, then the match is a stomp.

Pyro: 0

Minotaur: 0

Incon: 0

What is bro cooking 💀
So assuming Pyro can even hurt Minotaur with their fire iirc they only have like 10ish seconds worth of flamethrower ammo and that's not factoring in if Pyro tries to airblast Minotaur which takes away more ammo.

Minotaur's got no resistance at all, even just a single jet of fire should be lethal.

Or you know, he's 5-B and completely unbothered by the fire as a result. I'm just doing this to see where people's opinions lie on this since I've never seen much agreement on the topic. I'm in the latter field for the record.

Yeah I don't think Pyro's fire is gonna hurt Minotaur cause even comparable characters like Heavy with no fire resistance can survive being hit with it full blast for a few seconds before succumbing to the fire.

Yeah I don't think Pyro's fire is gonna hurt Minotaur cause even comparable characters like Heavy with no fire resistance can survive being hit with it full blast for a few seconds before succumbing to the fire.
i think that's more of a feat for heavy (or gameplay mechanics so you don't get grazed by flame and die) than an anti-feat for the flamethrower

"Superhuman (Can endure torture for hours and maintain his confidence)"

The guy can probably just endure the fire

this guy has planetery dura but somehow cant survive a regular flamethrower?...

im sorry but in my opinion this is kinda dumb lol, i dont think hight temperatures are enought to put down someone THIS strong

"Superhuman (Can endure torture for hours and maintain his confidence)"

The guy can probably just endure the fire
Torture is meant to keep someone alive, flamethrower fire will kill you in seconds no matter how good at resisting the pain you are and Pyro isn't gonna stand there and get hit anyways
this guy has planetery dura but somehow cant survive a regular flamethrower?...

im sorry but in my opinion this is kinda dumb lol, i dont think hight temperatures are enought to put down someone THIS strong
I mean, I agree but I've seen people unironically claim Cell dies to temperatures of millions of degrees so, here we are.

I personally think that Fire without a stated temperature or feats should not be able to neg dura and should only be able to hurt those comparable to the user.

The Pyro should EASILY take this.

Pyro can constantly airblast in Minotaurs face, causing him to eventually die of Carbon Monoxide poisoning, since airblast would realistically release enough to be able to kill any living being, since it’s literally an entire tank of CO in their face.

oh who am I kidding, pyro at most singes off Minotaur’s hair before getting ******* pulverized into a literal soup can

Fire does not ignore durability like that, if you got a super high temp yeah it's basically dura neg, but fire? Hell no,

In my opinion, heat can bypass durability but only to a certain degree. Heat is still energy after all.

In my opinion, heat can bypass durability but only to a certain degree. Heat is still energy after all.
The same could be said about electricity, or Ice. But that isn't stoping electricity from frying your muscles, or Ice literally fragmenting your cells

yeah i think the whole heat >> whatever tier because they didn't ever show a heat resistance thing is dumb

should definitely be a tier by tier basis, a 5-B character should not be dying to like, a 9-B's fire or a 4-B character dying to a 6-C's

its a really weird NLF

yeah i think the whole heat >> whatever tier because they didn't ever show a heat resistance thing is dumb

should definitely be a tier by tier basis, a 5-B character should not be dying to like, a 9-B's fire or a 4-B character dying to a 6-C's

its a really weird NLF
Yeah, like, it depends on the heat, but Fire sure as shit isn't crossing this kind of gap

Because logic? If a character can survive a planet blowing up, he not only has to withstand the force of the explosion but also the sheer amount of heat produced by it. But then suddenly this character is dying to a 9-B flamethrower just because he doesn't have heat resistance listed in his profile?

Because logic? If a character can survive a planet blowing up, he not only has to withstand the force of the explosion but also the sheer amount of heat produced by it. But then suddenly this character is dying to a 9-B flamethrower just because he doesn't have heat resistance listed in his profile?
We give him, by tanking the heat of the explosion. Which he hasn't

We give him, by tanking the heat of the explosion. Which he hasn't
Then let me put it this way attacks generate energy, which generates heat something on 5-B level should generate quite a bit of heat, no way a flamethrower is dealing with that level of durability.

Last edited:
Yeah I think I remember someone like DT or someone else saying that we don't treat fire like a dura neg ability. Durabilities of a certain extent grant a naturally occuring resistance to heat. It is limited of course, just because you're 5-B doesn't mean you are resisting 200 mil C flames from Natsu, however it does mean you can survive stuff like lava and fire without getting turned into rotisserie chicken.

There must be a ratio so we can find out like; what level of durability is required to resist 1000 degrees and what level is required to resist 10000 degrees?

idk where it went but I remember a feat that was calced for MCU. To destroy the tesseract you needed some crazy heat and it was calced at like 6-B+ or sth

No Fire Resistance?
He gets crisped instantly by the flamethrower if he allows himself to get hit
The enemy M1 Abrams when I pull up to the battle with a flamethrower because they don't have fire resistance listed on their profile.
Fire and heat carries energy. Electricity carries energy. Freezing stuff requires energy. Literally every sub ability of Elemental Manipulation has something to do with energy which correlates with AP.
Resistance is intended to have a limit anyway. Just because I can easily put out the fire from a candle with my fingers doesn't mean a flamethrower won't give me 4th degree burns or outright kill me.

Last edited:
Aight, let's try replacing Pyro with EMS Sasuke, Natsu, Ace, Sabo, Akainu, and Yamamoto. Is Minotaur surviving their flame attacks?

Aight, let's try replacing Pyro with EMS Sasuke, Natsu, Ace, Sabo, Akainu, and Yamamoto. Is Minotaur surviving their flame attacks?
I don't know much about those guys but one look at their profiles tells me their fire has a much better chance at harming a planet level opponent than a haxless 9-B (Sasuke, Natsu, and Yamamoto in particular can easily kill him through either AP or their flames having some special properties attached to them such as durability negation and space-time manipulation)

Last edited:
Yeah I think I remember someone like DT or someone else saying that we don't treat fire like a dura neg ability. Durabilities of a certain extent grant a naturally occuring resistance to heat. It is limited of course, just because you're 5-B doesn't mean you are resisting 200 mil C flames from Natsu
You probably are actually, I calced someone tanking one trillion degrees and it was like High 7-C

You probably are resisting it
My dumb ass:
Electronic-Axial-Lead-Resistors-Array.png

Technically everyone and everything have varying degrees of heat resistance. We just give the ability to characters who can resist heat that are on the same level or higher than their AP. Am I correct?

It is stupid to think that you can brute force elemental attacks because "hurr durr...Well..They are like..Energies". While ignoring the side effects, and the inner working of those

Back