• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some corrections on Ultra-Monitor AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
In this sca, Perpetua said to Mobius to take back the scale of power he ached for all these years and then, she restore him to his COIE appearance. So, COIE Anti-Monitor (Possibly during the fight in the Dawn of Time or during the final battle in his Antimatter Universe) was as powerful as the Ultra-Monitor.

For those who say that the Ultra-Monitor should be stronger because he is a fusion of the Monitor Brothers, the power level Mobius had during COIE varied a lot and Mobius succeded to reach his peak of power after absorbing infinite universes and draining the life forces of the heroes.

Just change the AP justification of Ultra-Monitor to: (Equal to the Anti-Monitor in his peak during the Crisis on Infinite Earths)

I'm sure it refers to the ALE because it would contradict the words of mobius to feel a power that you had not felt before

Good point, but i think Mobius was lying when he said that felt a power unlike anything he has felt before.

I don't talk about 1-A Ultra-Monitor, i talk about his 2-A AP.

Also, i think we could add on every Monitor Brothers 1-A Attack Potency that they are the rule makers and creators of the Multiverse as Scott Snyder said in his interview.

I'm not sure about the line "creators of the Multiverse" i must see the interview again but if it's the case, it should be the current Multiverse since Perpetua created the first iteration of the Multiverse.

In the other side, for the Ultra-Monitor, he should be "At least 2-A, possibly higher" since if he was fuelled by Hawkgirl wings (the Cosmic Raptor's energy), the Ultra-Monitor could have become more powerful and seal Perpetua for good.

Oh, okay.

Are you agree with the change or you think that Perpetua was referring to the ALE when she said "take back the scale of power you ached all these years"?

In context, this was almost definitely just talking about the Anti-Life Equation. It has nothing to do with scaling to the Ultra-Monitor. We also need more than a vague interview quote to scale those other lines.

Oh okay then. We can close this. But before closing this, i think we should talk about this first and we can still use the interview quotes.

Here's the quote from the interview.

Asker: In Multiversity which Grant [Morrison] made, you know, we got that map. I was wondering if you could sort of [explain] your vision for the Sixth Dimension relative to the map. What was your take on that, what were you going for with that?

Scott: Well I spoke to Grant about that, and you know the thing is it was funny, I was talking to him about it and I was like "I want to visualize the map" and he's like "well the map is such a... the map is always a pain in the ass because none of it would be spatial or time based." Do you know what I mean? So there really isn't a way to do a map when you're talking about a realm that's beyond imagination. It's totally counter-intuitive.

So it's hard to place that layer. The way that I like to think of it, even though again it doesn't really make sense geographically, was that it existed towards like -- cause if the Sixth Dimension is the place where beings that exist beyond our imagination, that are capable of things that we can't fathom, sort of form, that it would be almost towards the top where... you know, above, it was at the top of the sphere. So it was almost like, the beings that wind up coming down that are responsible for uh... that are responsible for sort of writing the rules of things, wind up coming down from the top in that regard. And then, planets that come up from the Dark [Multiverse] bubble up through the House of Heroes, and all of that. From the Dark Multiverse into the main Multiverse. And the House of Heroes kind of stands at the center of it.

Asker: Okay.

Scott: And at the top, its sort of like, it's almost spherical, so I see it -- I mean the, it's not just like a layer, it's a realm, it exists out here where... it's more for if the things that aren't supposed to die, die, or are killed, they can come back through that. And they're responsible for forming the sort of major laws and rules of whats going to come into the multiverse from that outer realm. Almost like a, not a bubble wrap but a kind of layer

Asker: Like a dome?

Scott: Yeah like a spherical layer that's around it, before the Source Wall

Asker: And that's around the whole thing, like the Source Wall, and the Monitor Sphere

Scott: Yeah, no- Well the Source Wall to me is the actual boundary of it, before it was broken.

Asker: Okay, before it was broken. So it's kind of over, like, you have the sphere of the gods, and Nil, and it's just kind of like a... I don't know, like a perch for the top beings

Scott: Yeah, and there's no ruler of it or anything like that. It's sort of like something that they wind up... If somebody is killed who shouldn't be killed that needs to exist in our Universe, they kind of reform there and come back through and can take... if, if the whole thing is in jeopardy and breaks, like the Source Wall breaks, that's the protective membrane around it, where you're going to sort of reform the structure of things. That's why, because when thee Source Wall broke it was accessible. You know what I mean? It's almost like the emergency layer that-

Asker: Keeps everyone else out?

Scott: Yeah, it's sort of like a jelly that goes around everything, where it's like if the beings, if one of the major beings dies that shouldn't die they reform there, and come back. But if the Source Wall breaks and the Universe falls apart, then they have a chance to rebuild it. They rebuild it from there. It's almost like a... not a control room but like a kind of triage room, like a layer like that. Does that make sense?

Asker: Yeah, so that's why World Forger came back even though he was killed by Barbatos?

Scott: Yeah. Exactly. Thats where he was reformed, that's why he was there. So if Barbatos or any of the super-cosmic beings die they would be there. And then you can either pull them and trap them in the Source Wall or they could come down into the Multiverse

Yes, I saw the interview. It was a good find. I'm just saying that it doesn't tell us anything that we don't already know and account for. It isn't enough justification to attribute new abilities to the characters, and it isn't a necessary justification in and of itself for the statistics we already have.

Okay. I will do so.

@Classic

Thank you for helping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back