• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solaris minor ability additions

To make this quick, Solaris should have intangibilty and his Regenerationn changed to Low-Godly.

Without the armor, his body is "made of light."

Of course, in Phase 2 he loses the armor and has a different form. The hedgehogs have to target his consciousness (mind) to beat him.

Non-corporeality seems fine. I am uncertain about Regenerationn.

Being made of light is Intangibility, not non-corporeality.

And you would have to show to be able to regenerate from said consciousness to get Low-Godly, not just being your "weakness".

DMB 1 said:
Being made of light is Intangibility, not non-corporeality.

And you would have to show to be able to regenerate from said consciousness to get Low-Godly, not just being your "weakness".
Well about that.

"Being non-corporeal is very different than Intangibility, as an intangible being's body is their true body."

Thing is, Solaris is able to assume different forms.

Solaris being able to transform doesn't really mean anything here, and the page for Non-Corporeality is very misleading and way too strict with its standards.

But yes, being made of light is just another example of Elemental Intangibility. Probably the most potent out there, but still not Non-Corporeality.

I do agree the Non-corporeal page is way too strict as to some extent the true body parts sound like a requirement for Abstract Existence (Type 1) or characters with Mid-Godly Regenerationn-like Chara. I think it should get revised soon.

Solaris is also 4-D so 4-D light that has Immeasurable speed; this sound unlikely.

Elemental Intangibility required transformation. Solaris does not have so it is his body.

Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks.

@DMB 1 I guess intangibility it is. Solaris would be the immaterial type.

Anti-Monitor has non-corporeality for being made of pure energy so I suppose intangibility sounds more appropriate for him as well.

I believe Regenerationn come from Acausality Type 3. If I am correct, I think it can be removed

Type 3 acausality is because Solaris has temporal omnipresence. He can't be killed unless you destroy him in every point in time simultaneously.

I do think it is redundant which I forgot to write but it is technically accurate under the definition.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Anti-Monitor has non-corporeality for being made of pure energy so I suppose intangibility sounds more appropriate for him as well.
I don't know much about him, but light is more specific than just "energy".

Well, light is also energy and Solaris doesn't qualify for elemental Intangibility

Elemental Intangibility is not just the ability to transform in an intangible natural substance, but even just being made of something that it's naturally far more difficult to touch.

Slimes have that, for example. They cannot transform into liquid/semiliquid for a short period of time or anything, they just naturally are.

The same thing for Solaris, his true form is made of light, but that's it.

Elizhaa said:
Elemental Intangibility's definition said transform. Also, light is a form of energy to be exact.
Basically all of Intangibility required some form of transformations except immaterial, the synonym of Non-corporal. Yeah, I think it needs a CRT as well.

Then it's wrong since even characters who are naturally intangible by being made out of a liquid, without needing to transform also qualifies.

Guess it make sense. I do remember that when Shadow seals Mephiles, Mephiles was in a form of Darkness also.

Well, doesn't that remind me of someone...

If that counts as Low-Godly, that would be a bit of a gimmicky one:

The way I see it, Mephiles by itself just a spirit who needs to make itself a body by creating one from one's shade, and he cannot just regenerate it out of nowhere.

That would explain why Solaris couldn't regenerate his armor.

So it's either a very weird Low-Godly or a just as weird Type 6 immortality

^Also that, but the fact that when in his sealed form he is just floating Darkness kind of makes sense.

I think it is more evidence of Low-Godly. Type 6 Immortality looks unreasonable to me here.

Because he cannot regenerate a new body from himself, he has to manually make a new one out of someone (else)'s shadow.

@Cal Dan Green voices Mephiles.

@DMB 1 I don't think it'd be type 6 immortality. Mephiles doesn't switch bodies or anything, he copies their traits in order to assume a physical appearance.

Back