• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Solaris' 2-C Ability

Since we disagreed on 2-B Maginaryworld and 2-A is a god awful stretch, let's settle for high into 2-C. Solaris could destroy all timelines, so he should be this far into 2-C, and so should the cosmology be in general.

Here's the post.

There are a lot of stretches in the blog.

-Silver doesnt have a "own dimension" his is the same from Sonic's.

-Null space and Egg reverie where created after Solaris' destruction and even then we dont know if those are pocket dimensions or actual universe-sized realms, afair Null-Space is just an empty, endless void.

-Accounting every desicion Shadow makes as a timeline because of Multiverse theory is just factually wrong, in the Sonic universe if you change the past, the future changes, it doesnt create a branch.

-Similarly also accounting every special zone as an actual universe also feels fallacious, we dont know the true size, it could be no bigger than a city, they could even be all encompassed in a single endless universe, we need more info. supporting their sizes.

The rest are fine, but the Digital dimension is said to contain an underworld and a heaven, I dont remember the context of this place as I played raiders for like 10 minutes, so info. on them might be necessary.

-Silver's dimension is literally stated to be a timeline far away from Sonic's by Sonic himself.

-Null Space is confirmed and accepted as a dimension and so is Egg Reverie for practically being the same thing with the same source.

-It isn't multiverse theory. There are different parallel canons where there's literally different histories. A history is literally what a timeline is.

-I presented info confirming them as space-time continuums. A dimension the size of a city can have a space-time continuum. To say they are all encompassed in a single endless universe is baseless.

-A heaven and underworld wouldn't contradict the digital dimension.

-I dont remember it, but in the Sonic wiki it states to be so, so yeah, you are correct.

-It still wouldnt account for Solaris' destruction, not to mention that Egg Reverie is stated to be a "void in space-time" in the wiki.

-Which means it isnt part of the cosmology or alternate timelines, they are more as What If? scenarios.

-Which isnt enough tho, I dont find the exact quote from Nack's alternate dimension, entering through a dimensional distortion doesnt mean they are necessary portals or rifts to another universes that need dimensional travel, they could just be Pocket Dimensions, nothing confirms them being separate space-times.

-It doesnt, I just mentioned because it could be a macrocosm or various universes.

They can have separate space times and not count as universes due to their size, whichb would happen to special stages. Happened to Oryx until we found a statement that flat out said his throne world was infinite, even though it had its own time and all.

It didn't count for Low 2-C so I doubt they would tbh

I don't know if my comment is a nuisance but Cal & Al (Archie) is considered Low 2-C. Would they be consider a good comparison to Solaris (who is mention somewhat in Archie and implied to have the same powers)?

Tier wise.

I said it as an example, but mostly to be sarcasticly interpreted, some of them have stars, moons, skies, etc...

That's the wiki standard though.

Darksspine said:
Stop acting like the 3D size affects the 4D construct. They aren't the same.
I never said they we're, just that the evidence presented doesnt support them being separated spce-times, let alone universes.

"parallel universe" works better then.

Dang, not like I actually presented that scan in the blog and you guys ignored it.

Also, @Wokistan that isn't even the wiki standard. Give me one example where time relies on its 3D subject to be universal in size.

We generally accept things to have continuums if they're big enough and it makes sense in the context, but this argument is irrelevant and hopeless to attempt to contradict the special stages.

I already did. Oryx was stuck at 4-B until I found a quote that specifically said his throne was infinite, even though it was its own time.

Why is it irrelevant when it's literally an exact example of what you said tho

**** why are we even arguing this when someone found them being actually called parallel universes

Wokistan said:
Why is it irrelevant when it's literally an exact example of what you said tho

**** why are we even arguing this when someone found them being actually called parallel universes
Because your situation with Oryx doesn't define whether the 4D construct abides by the 3D construct, it's irrelevant.

Either way, that scan with the parallel universe was already in the blog, with two examples, one of them being that scan from Sonic Chaos and the other way being Nack coming from a parallel universe.

Question: How does Silver's future affect Sonic's past, and vice versa, if it's a different timeline? Just curious.

Either the Chaos Emeralds were used to time travel or cross alternative Universes. Or both.

ElixirBlue said:
Either the Chaos Emeralds were used to time travel or cross alternative Universes. Or both.
That doesn't answer my question tho ;-;

How come Sonic's past, a different timeline, change the future, another different timeline? Not how did they travel there.

Sonic saw Eggman's ship crash. Silver (from the Future) was there too. Knowing they could prevent that event from happening, they used the Chaos Emeralds to rewrite history, with Sonic traveling back in time long enough to save the princess's life. And that's how the future is changed.

That's what happened. Does that explain how it's possible, no.

It could even be something like, Sonic wasn't close enough to the ship crashing to see himself saving Elise, so history was never changed.

Or take it further. When Sonic died, his body and his friends were transported to... i'm assume it was a space that was out of traditional space & time, that allowed Sonic to get revived and defeat Solaris, effectively changing time. Two Chaos Emeralds was used in the game to travel through time, so, Super Sonic powered by seven emeralds could have more time applications than just traveling through time.

I try not analyzing the time traveling plot of the game. The plot of the game itself is rush and unpolished, with The "Scepter of Darkness" being referred to at times in game as the "Book of Darkeness."

Realistic answer: Sonic 06 had a lot of unfinished plot and concept for being a rush game that the developers were just focusing on making it completable towards the end of development and couldn't spare "time" to iron out plot details.

Fun answer: Solaris used its powers to break the game itself. ;)

@Zamasu Chan

Possibly. Super Sonic effecting Time with all seven Chaos Emerald that only had taken two to time travel with is the only thing I can imagine that would fix the plot hole you mention.

Otherwise, yeah, writing error.

Back