• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I know I already have another Smash Bros thread going on, but this is unrelated to that.

Subspace should be seen as a void.

Now obviously, it exists outside of the normal world, and obviously, that's not enough to garner and upgrade.

But...

The whole purpose of Subspace was to bring parts of actual space into it. When a Subspace Bomb goes off, it excises all the space within range. And it likely takes time as well. The Great Maze, which is made up of all the stolen space, is full of different time, in which it can be midday in one area and late at night in another. And finally, the Isle of the Ancients was erased from existence due to being exposed to too much Subspace.

Since Tabuu embodies this realm, he should have Nonexistent Physiology.

Also, side note, but Tabuu should have either mind control or possession, as it's said that his Chains of Light bent Master Hand to his will, and Master Hand was more a part of Subspace than the actual world. And Tabuu's unbroken Off-Waves are said to be a one-hit-kill via WoG.

The Great Maze, which is made up of all the stolen space, is full of different time, in which it can be midday in one area and late at night in another. And finally, the Isle of the Ancients was erased from existence due to being exposed to too much Subspace.
This kinda answered your question. Time is still flowing there. Unless I miss read something.

You kinda did. The Great Maze in which I was talking about, is the stolen spacetime of the main universe. It's not native to Subspace.

What the heck?

Cal, only two people agreed to this, with Dragon being more of a "meh I guess this looks fine". Why are you adding this already?

Having different pieces of space-time have different time inside another place is nowhere near enough proof to be a goddamn void, let alone the fact that nothing else hints to that.

Also, literally any fodder enemy of the Subspace Army can exist in there with absolutely zero issues. How does only Master Hand and Tabuu get infinite speed out of this?

Cal why the hell are you applying Infinite speed, much less anything else in this thread, when two people commented? Infinite speed isn't even part of the OP.

Three days have passed and no one else has commented. Two admins have agreed. If I didn't act, this would've just died. Heck, I brought up infinite speed a while ago and it died, and it didn't even get denied.

It's quite literally the plot of the game, it's quite obvious that Subspace is a spatial void, we just need to prove that it's a timeless void, in which I gave evidence that space-time isn't native to the area, and pieces of the real world get erased from existence if subjected to too much subspace. That's more than enough evidence. It's not Dark Area or whatever the area from FFXII, but has the evidence of like, the Distortion World.

>Literally any fodder enemy of the Subspace Army can exist there with absolutely zero issues

...and?

Will someone please take MH's victory against Beerus off his profile? Seriously how has it been outdated for this long and yet it's still there?

What do you mean this is bugging me way more than it should?

The fact that some time went by doesn't matter if there is still plenty of supporters that could have given their opinion. If I make a thread to upgrade Touhou to Tier 2 and I get the approval of two people doesn't mean I can proceed with the upgrades if people didn't comment on it for just 3 goddamn days.

"It's quite obvious that Subspace is a spatial void"

Stating that something is obvious doesn't make it true. Clearly, people can still exist and move around like it was nothing. Matter (and thus, space) can still exist in Subspace, it just so happens that there is nothing there to begin with.

We're extremely rigorous when it comes to timeless, yet you have no statement nor any showings of Subspace being timeless, only vague assumptions based on stuff that could easily be explained in other ways.

If existing in Subspace is common to any being in the verse, then you can't slap it on just a specific set of characters because you want to. It's not PIS, it's just proof that Subspace isn't time/spaceless.

You mean like random Pokemon/Digimon here being able to move in Distortion World/Dark Area? The proof is in the area, not the people existing in there. That's why we limit it to the natural inhabitants.

Explain away my logic, please.

And fun fact. Rey Skywalker is in Smash Bros Ultimate. Becasue Daisy and Ridley are in it. Get it? Daisy Ridley? The actor for Rey? ovo. I'm not original, I stole that

Except that the people existing in there can easily disprove the nature of the area, which doesn't help the lack of proof here.

Seeing a different time of day in each parts of the Great Maze doesn't suddenly mean that Subspace is timeless. Pocket Worlds with different time, local time manipulation or just the area being physically different to match the time of day each area was taken are all valid explanations. I honestly don't even see how you somehow associate "different time in parts of the Great Maze" and "Subspace is timeless".

Cal you cannot flee. We still have that rating on the profiles. Gotta defend it if you want to keep it.

For Tabuu, given that I made more edits than just the change in speed, I didn't want to revert it.

Anyway, for one, the argument that the Subspace Army can move in there is just proof that they can move in voids. They're beings made of primordial substance anyway. You still haven't countered that areas exposed to too much Subspace get erased from existence, furthering the point that it's a true void. Areas stolen don't just have their own time, but they also have special time functions in them. Doors that change the time of day in The Forest is the first thing that comes to mind.

Said primordial substance is just G&W though. We'd have to give this ability to G&W and most G&W-level fighters if we do this.

Doesn't mean that subspace itself is nonexistence. Let's be honest, neither of us has any idea WHY it happened, let's not try and excuse it by saying that it's a nonexistent place.

So time can be manipulated in these pocket dimensions being contained in a greater world. Again, you can explain it in a myriad of ways other than "time doesn't exist".

All of your arguments would be fine if they were just supporting evidence to a statement or something. But you don't even have that.

We can easily give it to G&W, sure. The other fighters, not so much.

Too many Subspace bombs went off in the Isle of the Ancients. That's why.

Bubbles of timespace are floating around in a void. I'm pretty sure that's self explanatory. Not every verse needs Digimon levels of explanations.

It doesn't prove Subspace being nonexistence itself. Otherwise, every location swallowed would have been erased too.

Not a "void". You have not provided this enough to warrant the usage of this word here. These are pocket dimensions floating in another world. That's all we can be sure of, and that just isn't enough.

As I said, too much Subspace.

What? They're clearly not pocket dimensions by any definition of the word.

Too much of anything can be dangerous, Cal-Cal. So remember to not drink too much water. Also, even that is speculation. One could argue that many bombs at once just tore the island apart (due to each bomb trying to suck it in) and it would be as legitimate as saying that Subspace is a void due to this.

A pocket reality can be anything from something large-on-the-inside to a full on small space-time continuum.

Again, worlds existing in another does not mean that the larger one is a void, especially not a complete lack of space-time.

It's abundantly clear that the Isle was erased rather than nuked, given what we see after Tabuu is defeated.

Except it's not a pocket reality. Pocket realities aren't potions of another world, but their own things.

It can be erased without Subspace itself being nothingness. Like I said, many bombs trying to each take the island to subspace could also be a factor in the island not being back. It has as much backing as what you're trying to claim.

You have a rather specific description of an otherwise vague concept. A pocket of space from another world can be considered a pocket dimension. Not that it matters, given that none of it proves Subspace being timeless.

Back