• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We literally see her eyes.

Also, he says 'it can't be seen'. Even if it's an outline, it can be seen in full.

Until they blatantly contradict themselves. It's called Death of the Author.
Her face being visible is a retcon at most or her choosing not to show it that way during the events of the film, not really death of the author since when she was first shown in the series her face was literally light.

Also, he says 'it can't be seen'. Even if it's an outline, it can be seen in full.

Scans? Also that was probably after the tyrant killing exploded her barrier.(any progress)

She’s ugly af btw
Yeah I think the author was referring to this visual and making an hyperbole (we can see her chin on it too she has a face it’s just hidden by litteral light)

Her face being visible is a retcon at most or her choosing not to show it that way during the events of the film, not really death of the author since when she was first shown in the series her face was literally light.

Firstly, that doesn't prove it's a retcon. Her face is also swathed by light in the film in the exact same manner.

Secondly, if it's retconned, then cool. It no longer exists as an established fact.

Her reforming her body with light kind’ve just proves her body is made out of light anyway though so this debate is still irrelevant to the point being proposed

Firstly, that doesn't prove it's a retcon. Her face is also swathed by light in the film in the exact same manner.

Secondly, if it's retconned, then cool. It no longer exists as an established fact.
You haven’t provided the scans to show it’s retcon. The only intact is when the darkness spell took effect

A photon is a particle representing a quantum of light or other electromagnetic radiation. A photon carries energy proportional to the radiation frequency but has zero rest mass. Here
That's just light manip
I am proposing power modification and fusionism for Merlin Herehttps://imgur.com/a/gMNxogr
Agree with power modification
Merlin should also get Vivian Abilities that would be vector manipulation, Ice manipulation and elemental manipulation.
That scan doesn't say that.
Edit High regeneration for the supreme deity Here
Anime feat
Resistance to ESP and limited resistance to telepathy for Ban using zero sign Here
100% agree, also that's badass.
Agree

Yeah, teleportation. Disassembling and reassembling particles of the body to do that isn't anything new. What's needed is an actual regen feat showcase or statement.
Without actual statement or showing that what Vivane knows or use also Merlin can do, I'll disagree. Just being someone's teacher doesn't grant them the abilities the disciple shows without a statement from any of them.

For the rest of powers I agree with Planck.
I am proposing limited quantum manipulation or resistance to atom deconstruction which one works?

Neither. We both rejected that thoroughly.
But we have enough proof that it’s photons.
This is fairly debatable light particles are quite litteraly photons

Ryushi (particle) Is mostly used in the context of physics related particles in this particular context « 光の粒子 » « Hikari no Ryūshi » would mean photon.

I’ll let y’all decide on this one.

One user saying it =/= hard proof of Quantum Manipulation, no offense meant to them.

You can ask other staff but I'm not convinced of it.

Ryushi (particle) Is mostly used in the context of physics related particles in this particular context « 光の粒子 » « Hikari no Ryūshi » would mean photon.

Cursed by Light isn't the anime. It's a canonical film.
Thoughts on this byashura?
One user saying it =/= hard proof of Quantum Manipulation, no offense meant to them.

You can ask other staff but I'm not convinced of it.
Are you okay with the other proposed abilities?

As I've said before, if it's not stated explicitly in the verse that a character has reached the level of Quantum manipulation or something similar, such as demonstrating the concept of light = particle-wave duality, I won't change my mind. We use the physics of our world to help us categorize and describe powers shown in X series, but without sufficient evidence, we won't extend our analysis to complex powers like Quantum manipulation.

As I've said before, if it's not stated explicitly in the verse that a character has reached the level of Quantum manipulation or something similar, such as demonstrating the concept of light = particle-wave duality, I won't change my mind. We use the physics of our world to help us categorize and describe powers shown in X series, but without sufficient evidence, we won't extend our analysis to complex powers like Quantum manipulation.
We have enough scans to prove that it means particle which is photons in the raw translations

Controlling light doesn't equate to quantum manipulation. Without further context, controlling light does not mean you can bend it to create illusions. It is only limited to what is shown or stated. This is similar to how controlling lightning does not grant fire manipulation through its heat or impact, electrolysis of water if used on water, resuscitation, controlling the nervous system, or any other possibility that is not actually stated or shown within the verse.

You should stop insisting on these possibilities as there is a lack of backing (feats/statements) within the verse. Unlike Planck, I do not suggest continuing to push this point. You shouldn't try to extrapolate beyond what is shown or stated. No one will agree to this with based on such a lack of backing, as long as they don't try to push non-existing powers within a verse just for the sake of "making X stronger".

Either bring manga panels that show an actual Quantum level feat (where it actually said such a thing and not based on real life theory that doesn't exist within the series without context) or either stop the argument.

Sincerely, you should try to understand that a series will only go as deep within our real world physics as well as they have shown through it...otherwise its just basic stuff that only guides creation of pages.

A verse doesn't have smaller particles beyond what they have shown, to exist within the verse. It must be stated that the light particles are quantum particles as they follow the wave-particle theory. Of it doesn't have such a statement or similar reason, or a direct feat that show this, then they will only get light manipulation through the Manipulation of particles.
With all respect but there is difference between smaller particles and light particles.

Last edited:
Yes, as do all characters who manipulate light.

Disagree with this, of course.
If you control light, you control light particles. This isn't what a strawman is.
Can you please stop strawman my arguments this is an argument of incredulity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back