• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Controlling light doesn't equate to quantum manipulation. Without further context, controlling light does not mean you can bend it to create illusions. It is only limited to what is shown or stated. This is similar to how controlling lightning does not grant fire manipulation through its heat or impact, electrolysis of water if used on water, resuscitation, controlling the nervous system, or any other possibility that is not actually stated or shown within the verse.
Where did it say they control light?

The OP is stating they are controlling light photons which in matter of fact, a real big significant fundamental different to control "light".

Eh? What am I reading here?

What? Since when light particles are something else?
They keep cherry picking my arguments and using straw man to disagree with my points which they haven’t countered the scans and the raw translation I got.
Where did it say they control light?

The OP is stating they are controlling light photons which in matter of fact, a real big significant fundamental different to control "light".
See what I have to deal with

I have no clue what am I reading honestly, they are asking the direct manipulation of quantum while light photons are a direct manipulation of quantum.

The only indirect manipulation of quantum in this case is manipulating light which is not the case here.

I added this last ability any thoughts?
I mean, keep insisting. I won't agree with it. You're welcome to try other staff.
As I've said before, if it's not stated explicitly in the verse that a character has reached the level of Quantum manipulation or something similar, such as demonstrating the concept of light = particle-wave duality, I won't change my mind. We use the physics of our world to help us categorize and describe powers shown in X series, but without sufficient evidence, we won't extend our analysis to complex powers like Quantum manipulation.

I am not arguing over the CRT, I am arguing over false information being shared here.

Technically manipulating photons would be limited Quantum Manipulation by how the page for the ability describes it (Manipulating the quantum of any physical property), but it also could be light manipulation depends on the context.

Declaring light photons to be just any small particles is like you are telling me you have no clue how light even works.

Photons are fundamental particles, meaning they cannot be broken down into smaller components. Therefore, a particle of light is always a photon (and not random small particles).

Either way, I am extremely neutral here, leaning to disagree as the context refers to resistance to light manipulation rather quantum manipulation.

I am not arguing over the CRT, I am arguing over false information being shared here.

Technically manipulating photons would be limited Quantum Manipulation by how the page for the ability describes it (Manipulating the quantum of any physical property), but it also could be light manipulation depends on the context.

Declaring light photons to be just any small particles is like you are telling me you have no clue how light even works.

Photons are fundamental particles, meaning they cannot be broken down into smaller components. Therefore, a particle of light is always a photon (and not random small particles).

Either way, I am extremely neutral here, leaning to disagree as the context refers to resistance to light manipulation rather quantum manipulation.
speedster352 said:
A photon is a particle representing a quantum of light or other electromagnetic radiation. A photon carries energy proportional to the radiation frequency but has zero rest mass. Here I am proposing resistance to quantum manipulation for the demon clan since they can resist ark which manipulates photons.
This is fairly debatable light particles are quite litteraly photons

Ryushi (particle) Is mostly used in the context of physics related particles in this particular context « 光の粒子 » « Hikari no Ryūshi » would mean photon.

I’ll let y’all decide on this one.

Light particles are photons. Who said something else? And photons are fundamental for light existence.

There are no smaller components of light than light particles. Therefore they are always photons.

This is fairly debatable light particles are quite litteraly photons

Ryushi (particle) Is mostly used in the context of physics related particles in this particular context « 光の粒子 » « Hikari no Ryūshi » would mean photon.

I’ll let y’all decide on this one.
I disagree with Resistance to Quantum Manipulation for reasons stated above.
What about the raw translation scan?

According to how the page works, it's limited version of quantum manipulation but even myself not convinced if we still follow such that.

You're jumping the gun a bit. The clairvoyance and zero sign stuff has been mostly agreed to, along with a couple other powers (like fusionism).

I'm reopening this.

Last edited:
Not really.

Deldry's power is to make people love her, so it should be fine.
Didn't you agree with the whole Merlin possibly having Vivian's abilities thanks to her 3000 years of knowledge and the fact she was her teacher?

Yeah, and that (along with the other stuff I just mentioned) is about it.

Also, I'd like to change my answer on that a bit. Merlin should get a possibly.

Yeah, and that (along with the other stuff I just mentioned) is about it.

Also, I'd like to change my answer on that a bit. Merlin should get a possibly.
Try convincing the other staff. Also what's your stance on the ark photons thing after the makai translation?

As I just said, it literally can't be quantum manip as of yet. So I can't agree.

I'm not even sure if what they do in NNT is even macro-quantum matter manip because they're not exactly tinkering with photons themselves, just producing them in the form of healing, attacks, etc.

As I just said, it literally can't be quantum manip.

I'm not even sure if what they do in NNT is even macro-quantum matter manip because they're not exactly tinkering with photons themselves, just producing them in the form of healing, attacks, etc.
Well the scans say that they manipulate it and use it to destroy demons so it should be combat applicable

Because demons are specifically weak to light magic. That changes nothing.

Because demons are specifically weak to light magic. That changes nothing.
It's still photons and it still affects them on a sub atomic level and they can resist it which would entail resistance to matter manipulation or the very least resistance to atomic deconstruction.

I'm pretty sure that's not even the case even if you were correct, but they by unleashing more powerful darkness magic anyway, so definitely not.

Also, they do have resistance to deconstruction via this, regardless. So there should be no problem here.

By unleashing more powerful darkness magic, so definitely not.

Also, they do have resistance to deconstruction via this anyway.
The indura Monspeet and derieiri face tanked arc also the commandments resisted the omega ark of sariel and tarmiel(which should make their durability at least 6b or low 6b but I digress) so that should apply to at least resistance to atomic deconstruction is that fair?

They weren't even harmed to begin with because Ludoshel's attacks weren't powerful enough. So no.

They took a tiny portion of the arc (which was enough to destroy thousands of demons) due to surface area, and Tarmiel and Sariel completely wreck them later, in addition to stomping the far stronger Estarossa with their vessels alone. So that's utterly illogical.

Also, did you not listen? They already have resistance to deconstruction.

They weren't even harmed to begin with because Ludoshel's attacks weren't powerful enough. So no.

They took a tiny portion of the arc due to surface area, and Tarmiel and Sariel completely wreck them later.

Also, did you not listen? They already have resistance to deconstruction.
But it should be upgraded to atomic. Tiny surface area they literally exploded the arc and their was a huge explosion and like 4 or 5 of them were unscathed even sariel and tarmiel were astonished.

Just apply what's been accepted and close this. It's pretty clear the rest of the staff aren't budging on the photon talk.

There is no upgrade because deconstruction doesn't have levels.

You do realise that explosions are omni-directional right? Nothing about what I said changes, especially since they were at the edge of the ark.

Also, they all escaped the actual explosion.
That's inconsistent then they were seen with the light affecting them and an explosion of light. Actually their are levels on thanos profile it says deconstruction(atomic) with power stone. So just put resistance to deconstruction(atomic). Anyway while you at it could you take a look at nnt crt 3.5?

Just apply what's been accepted and close this. It's pretty clear the rest of the staff aren't budging on the photon talk.
A few more haven't been discussed the empathic manipulation, Merlin's new abilities and and SD regeneration upgrade and high ranking demons regeneration negation upgrade.

They were seen in the arcs before they exploded. They escaped before the actual explosion of the arcs. There's nothing hard to understand about this, and you're still wrong even if they were in the explosion.

No he doesn't: Deconstruction and Matter Manipulation (After he snapped his fingers, half of all life in the universe was turned into dust. He turned the Infinity Stones into atoms, and threatened to shred the universe to atoms as well)
At least specify that it attacks on a sub atomic level

A few more haven't been discussed the empathic manipulation, Merlin's new abilities and and SD regeneration upgrade and high ranking demons regeneration negation upgrade.
They were seen in the arcs before they exploded. They escaped before the actual explosion of the arcs. There's nothing hard to understand about this, and you're still wrong even if they were in the explosion.

No he doesn't: Deconstruction and Matter Manipulation (After he snapped his fingers, half of all life in the universe was turned into dust. He turned the Infinity Stones into atoms, and threatened to shred the universe to atoms as well)
Thoughts on theses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back