• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Basically, the profile names of two of the characters are wrong

"The Anti-Spiral"?

In his official profile in Final Drill, the translation of アンチスパイラル (Anchisupairaru) is Antispiral. Similar to how its Lordgenome and NOT Lord Genome, it's Antispiral not Anti-Spiral.
However, Anti-Spiral IS an official term, it is used to refer to the entire race, and the kanji for this term is 反螺旋族 (Han Rasen Zoku) or Anti-Spiral Tribe. アンチスパイラル is used when referring to the character himself

Ik that at this point, Anti-Spiral is the way almost everyone in the vs debating community spells it, but ultimately Anti-Spiral and Antispiral are meant to both be different things

Yoko Doesn't Have a Last Name!?

Yeah, she doesn't. In none of the guidebooks or even the official website, is she referred to as Yoko Littner. (Linking a pic of her profile in Basic Drill wouldn't be good support, because Surnames weren't created until Post-Timeskip, to where this guidebook covers Pre-Timeskip. And linking a pic of her profile in Work Soul would also not be good support, because every character is listed with just their first name, even though Work Soul covers Pre-Timeskip and Post-Timeskip of the movie adaptation). Go look at every character profile in the official website, everyone but her (Simon, Lordgenome and Boota) is listed with a last name, and actually the reason is gotten through the light novel

That's why we created surnames. To create a family register to control the entire nation by using the underground village of origin as a surname.

Yoko doesn't live in Kamina City, therefore isn't under their legislation and therefore wasn't there to give a last name

Conclusions

Yoko Littner's profile to be moved to a new page called "Yoko (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)"
The Anti-Spiral's profile to be moved to a new page called "Antispiral"

Last edited:
I agree with the Yoko stuff and partly disagree with the AS stuff. I think AS stuff is better noted in his summary.

partly disagree with the AS stuff. I think AS stuff is better noted in his summary.
Antispiral's summary is so bad tbh, he's never referred to as Anti-Spiral King or Leader (he's literally the entire race at this point). And if his goal was to exterminate Spiral Beings, which it isn't, he would've done it a long time ago. That's irrelevant, anyways it would be better if we were consistent with names. I keep bringing him up here, but if Lordgenome is a name, in which apart of his name (Lord) irl would be weird if it was apart of the name, the same should be and canonically is the same for Antispiral. If it's Anti-Spiral, then its Lord Genome, and vice versa, there's no in-between. I mean, you can't just disagree with the guidebook, it literally just says "Antispiral"

Antispiral's summary is so bad tbh, he's never referred to as Anti-Spiral King or Leader (he's literally the entire race at this point). And if his goal was to exterminate Spiral Beings, which it isn't, he would've done it a long time ago. That's irrelevant, anyways it would be better if we were consistent with names. I keep bringing him up here, but if Lordgenome is a name, in which apart of his name (Lord) irl would be weird if it was apart of the name, the same should be and canonically is the same for Antispiral. If it's Anti-Spiral, then its Lord Genome, and vice versa, there's no in-between. I mean, you can't just disagree with the guidebook, it literally just says "Antispiral"
If the guidebook says so, I agree with this too. I feel that "Lord Genome" is better because the name "Antispiral" would trigger people's desire to change it to "Anti-Spiral". I think his profile could be written like this:
Lord Genome, also known as Antisprial and better known as Anti-Spiral among fan base, is[...]

I know and that description is a compromise.
Antispiral and Anti-Spiral really should not be mixed up together, compromise or not, the writers intend for these things to be different, to which people should not be misusing the terms

Last edited:
To evaluate this, your CRT speaks about language, which is japanese, not exactly something contextual related.
There's english translations on the names in final drill. It's "Antispiral" and "Yoko". There's Dayakka Littner, Leeron Littner, Tetsukan Littner, etc. There is no Yoko Littner

There's english translations on the names in final drill. It's "Antispiral" and "Yoko". There's Dayakka Littner, Leeron Littner, Tetsukan Littner, etc. There is no Yoko Littner
If what you meant is them names in kanji being translated to english, then that's what I'm talking about. Also, "Yoko Littner" was mentioned in the 2nd movie, in that extradimensional labyrinth scene.

Edit: and in episode 26, when she caught that frog-guy.

If what you meant is them names in kanji being translated to english, then that's what I'm talking about. Also, "Yoko Littner" was mentioned in the 2nd movie, in that extradimensional labyrinth scene.

Edit: and in episode 26, when she caught that frog-guy.
If we were to use what we've learned from the novelization, the conclusion that we can come to is that in the reality she was in, she lived in Kamina City, so it was kind of a given that she would be required to be given a last name. In Final Drill, everyone who came from Littner is listed with a last name, except Yoko

"Yoko" is a fairly common Japanese name, so for this case the verse should also be specified, like "Yoko (TTGL)" or so.

doesnt the credits also desplay it as "yoko littner" or nah
n i c the japanese wiki has it as ヨーコ・リットナー

come to think ab it, simon also not listed w/ a surname on that site like yoko

Last edited:
Back