• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight Super Smash Bros Downgrade, and Giga Bowser justification.

Long time no see guys! I've heard from someone that some smash characters seem to scale from a feat from Dialga, whom is considered Low 2-C from its birth

To address the issue at hand: This is clearly not a Low 2-C feat. If Dialga had created the time in the Smash bros Universe, then it would have been certainly justiable, but this isn't the case. As is stated on his trophy: "A Temporal Pokémon. This Legendary Pokémon is talked about as a deity in fables passed down through generations in the Sinnoh region. Identifiable by the diamondlike crystal in the center of its chest, Dialga is said to have set time in motion at the moment of its birth. Its fearsome Roar of Time attack is so powerful that it must refrain from attacking on its next turn." - https://www.ssbwiki.com/Dialga

Setting time in motion Ôëá creating time. This is merely just a Time Manipulation feat, which shouldn't scale to Attack Potency. For example: Time in this case has already been created, but it's motionless, that being, nothing is occuring within space. When Dialga was born, time then started to move, that being, things started to change within space.

Maybe some might say that setting time in motion may be the same thing as creating time in some cases, but this is outright rejected with the Wii-U discription: "The concept of time has always been one of the world's great mysteries, but Dialga might hold the answer. Legend has it that Dialga's birth caused time to begin moving! it's no surprise that the people of Sinnoh see this Pokémon as a deity. If you're ever running late, maybe you could ask Dialga to do you a favour and turn back the clock."

So as far as the description tells, this is just time manipulation, and not a Low 2-C feat, as time itself was already a created concept. (Probably created by the hands). This would put the Smash characters at a far lower placement into the Low 2-C range.

Final thing thing to add, Giga Bowser justifications aren't even linked. And I don't recall anywhere within Melee which outright shows that Bowser is comparable to the hands. If anyone may link me to something in which clearly shows he scales, then alright. But he needs to be downgraded if there is nothing there for it.

Seriously though, we're already discussing this and more in other threads. I'm afraid that this thread doesn't have much purpose.

Can you link me to a thread in which discusses this? The only one which I've seen didn't discuss this.

There was this thread about downgrading them, but the OP closed it.

And there was this thread were one of the defenders for their Low 2-C rating made a semi-rant on why they are Low 2-C.

You could probably argue your points on that second thread.

@Efi Yes, but this specific thing was never brought up. The quote was brought up, but no one really discussed it.

Then it should be discussed there, not have an entire thread made for it. It just spreads the debates even more and makes it less likely for us to reach a conclusion.

@Saikou The topic themselves were completely seperate. They were trying to downgrade them for ENTIRELY seperate reasons.The only relevent thread that I could have brought this up was the first one, which is closed, and I have no idea when it will even be opened.

Eficiente said:
This one. I closed it due to the derailing, if someone could delete all of it that would be great.
I still don't get what you were talking about.

What derailing?

We were discussing the legitimacy of Low 2-C Smash until you closed the thread.

I reopened the thread, but I'm still not satisfied with this attitude.

Efi, you can use <nowiki> to make wiki effects not show, if you're tryna demonstrate stuff. like this:

{| class="wikitable mw-collapsible mw-collapsed" ! Use this |- |To communicate the stuff. Quote it. |}

Back