• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slight One Punch Man Tiering Adjustments

Don't know why I keep forgetting to do this, so I'll just post this quick before I forget to do so again. Start of this discussion began here, I'll post most of it here for everyone to see:

Basically, I believe Garou should only become City level after his fight with Bug God and Royal Ripper. I understand he was considered a Dragon level threat even as a human, but its a little weird to consider that when he's still struggling against two demons several upgrades later. Its not outlandish to think of two Demons being city level of course, but a Dragon struggling against two demons is still pretty strange.

Of course I know the other reason for his tiering was due to damaging Metal Bat; Whilst he most definitely is capable of reaching City level since he's canonically capable of fighting Dragon level threats, this is only when he has been pumped up with the right amount of punishment. He still struggles with Demon's whilst at base level, and since his power level is dependant on the amount punishment he's taken, he can still be demon level even whilst pumped up. He's obviously stronger than G4 Genos, having performed better against Kabuto than he did. After further research, it doesn't actually seem he did any better against Kabuto than Genos did. So his base level strength is still up for debate.

So here are my proposed changes for them:

Garou:

Tier: At least High 7-C | At least 7-B/Likely 7-A, upto High 6-C via Reactive Evolution | High 6-A

Keys: Human (Hero Hunter Arc - Bug God/Royal Ripper fight) | Half Monster (Monster Asscoiation arc/Rover - Golden Sperm fight) | Awakened

Bug God and Royal Ripper:

Tier:
At least High 7-C, each.

Metal Bat:

Tier:
At least High 7-C, Varies upto at least 7-B, likely far higher with Fighting Spirit

Watchdog Man:

Tier:
At least High 7-C, likely far higher.

There are a couple other adjustments that needs to be made, but We'll discuss all that later.

The High 6-C key will need to be changed since the City Z stuff was recalced with a smaller value.

Also like I proposed a long time ago. Pumped up shouldn't be a separate key for Metal Bat. He should only have one key and up to 7-B with Fighting Spirit.

The simulation is so sketchy to me... How would Genos know the power of Carnage Mode CK, or even regular CK who never took him seriously? He never fought him, and it's not like he can sense the power levels of others, I think... I guess Dr. Genus must've been wrong about his ultimate creation's power if a single S-Class hero can take him on, given how he'd analyzed the S-Class heroes by then. Well, then again that was an anime-only scene and CK had probably been created before the Hero Association was made... Regardless, CK is only stated to go Carnage Mode against Zombieman, he's the only one that brings it up... Though it's weird how he's the only one to say it out of all the heroes.

Eh, I guess it's fair to have Carnage Mode CK at that level of strength, even if he's always seemed stronger than that to me.

As for Garou, I agree he only reached the level of a low Dragon after his fight with Royal Ripper and Bug God, the latter of whom I'd say is probably among the strongest Demon level monsters in the series, possibly on the verge of Disaster level Dragon with his transformation. Garou was more or less toying with the Demon Trinity of Super Mouse, Showerhead and Unihorn, however strong those three may be they're likely not weak given what they're packing, and that goes to show how vast the difference between them are. Not quite Bakuzan-Gouketsu level of difference, but still, they were no threat to Garou.

Peter1129

Actually yeah that probably would be better. I would say it should be written like this:

Whatever tier we decide to give him, varies upto at least City level, likely higher

If you can think of a better way to word this then I am of course all ears.

Still not seeing any reason for a 6-C key. That transformation which lasted for all of around four pages also effortlessly beat GS, so I'm not sure if there's any reason to assume that it's in the same tier.

Is there a reason it needs to exist at all? The only thing we know is that it was vastly stronger than the form he used when fighting Darkshine. There's no way for us to determine a reasonable upper limit relative to his awakened form because the transformation was immediately afterward and he never seemed to have any difficulty fighting GS.

Sure, he was only 7-B/A during his fight against Darkshine and obviously became much stronger after the fact, such a massive increase in power should preferably be documented when it has an actual tier to asign it to. I don't really see a reason not to add a simple "at least 6-C, possibly High 6-C, likely higher".

The clip only indicated that he got taken out by one punch, and I heared no indication that Kabuto was in carnage mode during that. The video obviously skips through quite a bit considering it lasts less than a minute when Genos states the actual fight lasted 3, but for all we know the majority of it was just him harmlessly whacking Kabuto with his bat.

• Garou/GS/Orochi would be "6-C, possibly High 6-C"
  • GS and Orochi need to have their speed downgraded
The new math is

• (10) + .0238 * 11.8925 = 10.283 earthquake = 1.676872e+20 joules or 40 gigatons of TNT
  • Kabuto was noted as being in Carnage Mode with the SFX used afaik. Something absent from Genos' fights.

Qawsedf234

Can I add that to Causalities' city z size calc using M3X' calc and add that to Orochi's page, or do you want me to ask M3X to update his calc?

Tetsucabrah

That only seemed to be a general statement derived from his own Bat swings. I'd be more willing to believe he took more than one punch if we heard that happen beyond the finishing punch, just as it was with ZM and Darkshine.

Overall a High 7-C ranking for his base should be fine, I just want to make sure its correct.

Although, and I don't know if this is correct, but it was to my understanding that Metal Bat's Fighting Spirit allows him to take hits far above his own durability.

I seriously doubt the version of Kabuto that loses all reason and just hulks out only landed a single punch in the span of 3 minutes.

You can make your own blog with an updated figure while linking the other calcs or ask the original person to update their one.

As for Kabuto it's the sound effect during the fight. It's the same with Darkshine afaik.

Alright, well a High 7-C base for Metal Bat should be fine then. Is it fine for me to apply the changes stated in the OP right now?

I'll ask M3x to update his calc when I can.

Of the three people who responded to your MB point, only one outright agreed with it. So until more people weigh in, not yet.

As long as you leave that Metal Bat did far better vs Carnage Kabuto that G4 Genos and maybe a "likely far higher" with fighting spirit I agree.

Where does this leave Watchdog Man though? He doesn't actually scale to any dragon levels when this gets implemented. Other than maybe a "shouldn't be far weaker than pig God" reasoning.

Done.

That was actually part of the other adjustments I wanted to bring up after the main stuff was done. Aside from Watchdog Man's scaling, I also have to ask:

What is actually the reason for Pig God's ranking? Outside of taking a beating from Gums he has no other forms of scaling to that level. We can't exactly rank him based on durability because, especially as the latest chapter makes clear, I'm almost certain Pig God's durability far exceeds his own AP.

He wrestled with Gums and this chapter he actually pried himself out of Gums' clenched jaw. That solidified his rating for me.

There wasn't really any indication that they wrestled for any amount of time, PG simply leaped at him and then it cuts away, the next we see them he's being chewed on by Gums who has sustained no injuries. I also don't see him prying out of his jaw as justification to say he should even partially scale to him. The most I see this as is a durability feat.

The main strength of Gums is clearly his jaw since he is like 90% jaw. Pig God forced that jaw open despite being on the losing end of the fight. You can't convince me that someone like Choze could do the same.

Yeah I'm with Tetsucabrah. Even if Pig God is weaker than Gums, he's within the same ballpark. Not only did he wrestle with him, he escaped his stomach and overpowered his jaws.

There's nothing that really indicates he force opened his jaw, Gums' jaw was already opened and Pig God was simply trying to slip out. Which he didn't even do, at least from what we see. Especially given that Pig God was largely beaten, I doubt Gums felt the need to bite down with all of his force.

Qawsedf234

Was there any indication they wrestled? Sure he jumps at him initially but the issue cuts away right after that. And forcing himself out of Gums stomach only really counts as internal damage, surely?

Was there any indication they wrestled? Sure he jumps at him initially but the issue cuts away right after that. And forcing himself out of Gums stomach only really counts as internal damage, surely?

There really is no indication how powerful Gum's stomach is compare to Pig God's Instant acid digestion.

If both of their stomachs is somewhat comparable, Pig God should have some resistance to acid.

I still disagree with Garou's High 6-C key. He wasn't High 6-C for any notable amount of time, and that was just part of the process of Garou becoming High 6-A as a fully fledged monster.

Yeah that was always my feeling with it. I feel it's only really being pushed to upgrade Flashy Flash and some others to Tier 6.

I'm just going off of what was said in that Flashy upgrade thread. Since he wasn't fully awakened yet and was still a half monster. No matter how brief it should preferably be documented if it can't easily be attributed to his other forms. I understand waiting for the Manga version of the fight, given the amount of changes its made I don't feel we should apply any piece of webcomic only material to their profiles.

What I will say is that given how brief Garou's Peak Half Monster state was, it's very likely that Garou was simply referring to the state he was in when fighting Rover - Darkshine. At the very least that assumption would alleviate any scaling issues.

I always thought the Garou that stomped Golden Sperm was Early Awakened Garou rather than Peak Half-Monster Garou.

Back