• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: AP Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
She also reserved a vast swath of Tigers and Wolves for the base, along with random Demons as well. If you're testing the strength of someone why not send something you think would be decently strong? You wouldn't send fodder to see how strong Darkshine is, you send someone strong so that you have an idea of what they can do.
Except there's no proof that Evil Eye is beyond the level of the Cadre, especially when all the implications point to the Cadre of a level beyond that of Evil Eye.

Except there's no proof that Evil Eye is beyond the level of the Cadre, especially when all the implications point to the Cadre of a level beyond that of Evil Eye.
The only indication we have is that Psykos put it at Unknown rather than Demon or Dragon. Which I don't think is much of anything.

Though I do think it's enough to upscale anyone who would scale to Psykos, which is most of the Cadres anyways.

It makes no sense for Gyoro Gyoro to not know how strong Evil Eye was.
Gyoro-Gyoro has her limits.

She completely underestimated Tatsumaki's level of strength despite observing her earlier. And she stated that she cannot fathom Orochi's monstrousness despite being the one who created him.

I completely disagree with a likely/possibly rating for Evil Eye and those who scale.

Just want to note that the likely/possibly suggestion wasn't for Evil Eye himself.

The only indication we have is that Psykos put it at Unknown rather than Demon or Dragon. Which I don't think is much of anything.
The Cadre were chosen as Dragon level threats powerful enough to defeat an S-Class Hero. Evil Eye was sent to simply see how strong the S-Class heroes were. If Gyoro Gyoro believed the Cadre to be powerful enough to defeat the S-Class, but was completely unbothered when Evil Eye was killed, then how does that not imply its inferiority to the Cadre?

The Cadre were chosen as Dragon level threats powerful enough to defeat an S-Class Hero. Evil Eye was sent to simply see how strong the S-Class heroes were. If Gyoro Gyoro believed the Cadre to be powerful enough to defeat the S-Class, but was completely unbothered when Evil Eye was killed, then how does that not imply its inferiority to the Cadre?

Compatibility is also a factor. Seeing Evil Eye be wiped out by Tatsumaki may not be much of a concern when she's stronger than Evil Eye and planning to fight Tatsumaki herself while each of the other S-Class get specially picked cadres to deal with them.

She completely underestimated Tatsumaki's level of strength despite observing her earlier.
Except we know that Tatsumaki holds back tremendously in every single fight. Gyoro Gyoro assessing the output of power Tatsumaki used at that point and being surprised that she randomly used power far beyond that necessarily a limit to her powers, but moreso Tatsumaki just being that strong.
And she stated that she cannot fathom Orochi's monstrousness despite being the one who created him.
Monstrousness ≠ Strength. You'd have to prove that they're synonymous in this case.

But regardless, Gyoro Gyoro did not create Orochi. She just put him in situations to stimulate his growth (putting him in near-death situations). What Gyoro Gyoro did to Evil Eye was far more intimate, with her literally placing eyes in his body to make him stronger and stronger. It makes far more sense for her to know the ballpark of Evil Eye's power. here.

ENW couldn't be controlled by her, BS and HE she said as a group could beat anyone and if she scales above EE then Atomic Samurai/Darkshine would also scale to be above it. Which would give Acid Ugly and GS/PS upscaling from there.

Like even if it wouldn't effect everyone it would still effect a decent swath of the MA cadres, since they either scale to Psykos or scales to someone who scales to her.

We've seen Dragons go all out before without fighting Saitama and they've still not replicated the feat. So arguing that it's automatically Demon level when Psykos didn't know what to rate it doesn't make sense in my viewpoint.

That's the Doyalist answer though, in-universe the rating would indicate that Psykos didn't know where to put it.

She also reserved a vast swath of Tigers and Wolves for the base, along with random Demons as well. If you're testing the strength of someone why not send something you think would be decently strong? You wouldn't send fodder to see how strong Darkshine is, you send someone strong so that you have an idea of what they can do.
like who? carnage kabuto no because in his asura mode he didn't last long against both saitama and darkshine making an account of many dragon levels perhaps only overgrown rover and nyan showed everything they can do because the rest of the dragon levels were either knocked down by saitama or was defeated in a few moments or they immediately went to the next level like Golden sperm without having many new feats but apart from all this already consider a dragon level monster possibly capable of creating destruction on multiple cities (which are as large as islands or more small reminding)

Last edited:
“Especially.. our cadres” Yeah I see no reason why they shouldn’t scale

Agree FRA

Compatibility is also a factor. Seeing Evil Eye be wiped out by Tatsumaki may not be much of a concern when she's stronger than Evil Eye and planning to fight Tatsumaki herself while each of the other S-Class get specially picked cadres to deal with them.
The point isn't that Evil Eye was defeated and so the Cadre would scale above it. The point is that Gyoro Gyoro felt that Evil Eye was powerful enough to simply gauge the strength of the S-Class, while the Cadre are considered above the S-Class, and as the Monster Associations' trump card.

who then One said that he put the character as an unknown level because it is a character created by Murata and it was put just for a show of strength by Tatsumaki

I see your point I guess. Though by this notion it would still mean that Psykos considered EE strong enough to challenge an S-Class to get a reading on their power, which means it being massively weaker doesn't make sense.

(which are as large as islands or more small reminding)
The cities are big but none of them are the size of countries and few creatures have the AoE to take down multiple cities at once.

Why are we saying that every reveal of monster threat levels in the MA is based on Psykos knowledge. Did I miss something?

I see your point I guess. Though by this notion it would still mean that Psykos considered EE strong enough to challenge an S-Class to get a reading on their power, which means it being massively weaker doesn't make sense.
Yeah I agree with you there. There isn't much proof to suggest that any one of the Cadre are massively above Evil Eye. Simply scaling to/above the calc in the justification is enough.

Why are we saying that every reveal of monster threat levels in the MA is based on Psykos knowledge. Did I miss something?
For the MA only, it is stated that Psykos assigns the rankings and thst they're based purely on power.

For any other threat rating, this type of scaling wouldn't be allowed, or at least it would be harder to justify.

MA Monsters threat level ranking is based on power entirely that Gyoro Gyoro can read.

HA Monsters threat level ranking is based on a ton of factors that are heavily flawed and its pointed out in the story itself which is why we don't use them for scaling at all.

These calcs got accepted:

The Evil Eye calc upgrades all Monster Association Dragon level threats (and those who scale to them) to High 7-A (1.032 Gigatons)

The Nichirin calc should be added to Atomic Samurai's AP as support for his rating, as he scales directly above Nichirin.

The Hero Association's new durability will be added to the verse page.

The Sky Folk calc upgrades Hydrated Deep Sea King (and those who scale to him) to Low 7-C (2.49 Kilotons)
however for me the king of the sea hydrated version would deserve 7C town level and the basic version would deserve a low 7C level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back