• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Post Superfight Genos Upgrade

Recon1511

He/Him
Hello, recently Genos Spiral Incineration Cannon he used against Elder Centipede has been recalced and accepted

The new result is High 7-C+ (576 Kilotons)

Quite a few things change as a result of this, the changes to Genos profile can be seen here:

The changes and wording are up to discussion obviously, I would appreciate if a native english speaker checked it and made sure everything is correct.

The main thing here is scaling the Jet Drive Arrow to the Spiral Incineration Cannon with both attacks being of similar magnitude and the Jet Drive Arrow actually pushing back Elder Centipede a considerable distance and destroying one of his teeth. Which in turn makes Genos durability High 7-C+ as well.

As for Garou scaling to Genos durability or not, I suppose it's up to discussion as well but I will note that he never actually damaged Genos and only ripped off his detachable arm.

Other profiles affected by this are:
Post-MA Arc Iaian
Okamaitachi and Bushidrill
Fubuki
Sweet Mask
The Narinki Mercs
Rhino Wrestler
Black Sperm
Gums
Fuhrer Ugly

Probably more that I'm forgetting

The main thing here is scaling the Jet Drive Arrow to the Spiral Incineration Cannon with both attacks being of similar magnitude and the Jet Drive Arrow actually pushing back Elder Centipede a considerable distance and destroying one of his teeth. Which in turn makes Genos durability High 7-C+ as well.
I'm not sure if that's enough for the Jet Drive Arrow to scale. Unlike the Spiral Incinceration Cannon which was just an explosion, the Jet Drive Arrow was a prolonged attack that didn't break Elder Centipede's tooth on first contact and had to be sustained in order to break through with continuously applied pressure.

I'm not sure if that's enough for the Jet Drive Arrow to scale. Unlike the Spiral Incinceration Cannon which was just an explosion, the Jet Drive Arrow was a prolonged attack that didn't break Elder Centipede's tooth on first contact and had to be sustained in order to break through with continuously applied pressure.
I’d give it the benefit of the doubt still given that even though we don’t scale genos directly to Eldepede, Jet Drive arrow did damage, whereas the spiral incineration cannon did quite literally nothing at all to bother him

Elder > Jet Drive > Spiral

I mean even scaling Jet Drive Arrow to Genos's durability or regular punches is weird.

Maybe his durability scales but his regular punches seem obviously much weaker than JDA.

Maybe his durability scales but his regular punches seem obviously much weaker than JDA.
Well Genos is clearly much powerful when using boosters compared to is regular attacks. A prime example of this was when with a single punch using boosters he was able to break through Hydrated Deep Sea King's face and break his tooth, while with his regular strikes he was somewhat even with Dry Deep Sea King.

Read the sandbox his normal SS would scale to TTM, he only gets High 7-C+ SS with JDA
Yeah but I'm just saying that will happen if we end up scaling Garou's punches to Genos's durability since we know Garou's punches = Genos's punches.

Why would Genos be a stonewall here? Via the statement from Dr Kuseno, his AP should be relative to his durability for his bodies before the MA raid arc.

Mind rewording this? I don't get what you mean
Dr Kuseno has stated that Genos' MA raid arc body is wildly imbalanced, with his AP being higher his durability. This would imply all his prior bodies had their AP and durability be relative to one another.

Dr Kuseno has stated that Genos' MA raid arc body is wildly imbalanced, with his AP being higher his durability. This would imply all his prior bodies had their AP and durability be relative to one another.
The AP of all of his possible attacks are not relative to each other though.

Kinda weird that we used to scale Spiral Incineration Cannon to Genos' normal AP when the attack is supposed to be Genos shooting with all of his cannons. Maybe you could divide by the amount of cannons he used to find the ap of his individuals cannons

Then where does his durability come from? JDA doesn't have a calc on the sandbox
The OP is proposing that we scale the Jet Drive Arrow above Genos' super blast that impacted on Elder Centipede.

I'm currently voting against that proposal since they're two very different scenarios; the Jet Drive Arrow is concentrated in a much smaller area and it is damage applied over time rather than an instaneous explosion.

Well, I guess we can just apply the High 7-C+ calc to Genos profile if we don't scale JDA to Spiral Cannon.

I'm currently voting against that proposal since they're two very different scenarios; the Jet Drive Arrow is concentrated in a much smaller area and it is damage applied over time rather than an instaneous explosion.
That would still directly correlate to AP
we wouldn’t make atomic samurai unknown AP because he uses piercing damage and that’s cheating
this is the same thing, the jet drive arrow is simply more effective than the spiral incineration cannon, thus the AP is higher.

That would still directly correlate to AP
we wouldn’t make atomic samurai unknown AP because he uses piercing damage and that’s cheating
this is the same thing, the jet drive arrow is simply more effective than the spiral incineration cannon, thus the AP is higher.
That's an oversimplification that I don't agree with.

Just noticed this thread.

@Damage3245

I've rejected this calculation due to the fact the explosion happened in mid-air and should use the air-burst formula.

The formula being used is only for ground explosions, as per our rules.

"However, the rules above are for explosions happening in mid-air. For explosions that happen on the ground, we use this formula"

Do you believe that this explosion should be treated as a surface blast and use the surface formula like it currently does?

Or should it use the air-burst formula instead?

Just noticed this thread.

@Damage3245

I've rejected this calculation due to the fact the explosion happened in mid-air and should use the air-burst formula.

The formula being used is only for ground explosions, as per our rules.

"However, the rules above are for explosions happening in mid-air. For explosions that happen on the ground, we use this formula"

Do you believe that this explosion should be treated as a surface blast and use the surface formula like it currently does?

Or should it use the air-burst formula instead?
I responded to your comment and you have not responded. That is not how we treat air-bursts. Unless you address my points or at least do a bit of research on the topic, I don't believe your rejection based on lack of knowledge is valid.

If you'd like to engage in conversation, I'd be open, but I don't appreciate you rejecting it for reasons that seem to be "just because."

I responded to your comment and you have not responded. That is not how we treat air-bursts. Unless you address my points or at least do a bit of research on the topic, I don't believe your rejection based on lack of knowledge is valid.

If you'd like to engage in conversation, I'd be open, but I don't appreciate you rejecting it for reasons that seem to be "just because."
I did response, I just saw the comment in the blog now as I didn't get any notifications.

I don't appreciate you assuming I'm just ignoring you or I'm ignorant. If you're not going to treat me with respect I have no reason to respect you either.

I did response, I just saw the comment in the blog now as I didn't get any notifications.

I don't appreciate you assuming I'm just ignoring you or I'm ignorant. If you're not going to treat me with respect I have no reason to respect you either.
No one is disrespecting you. I just don't believe your points to be valid based on you decontextualizing what the page says. Like I said, if you want to engage in conversation, then we can do that, but saying "I reject this calc" without even waiting for my response comes off as rude and dismissive.

I'm giving my opinion, I don't need to wait for you to reject a calculation based on the knowledge I have.

If you disagree you simply need to explain yourself in a precise manner that'll change my opinion. Acting like this makes it difficult to converse in any manner.

My intention isn't be rude, I'm following the rules that are written down on our page. Explosions in the air use the air-burst formula and ground explosions use the surface explosion formula. Your reasonings haven't convinced me of anything.

I'm giving my opinion, I don't need to wait for you to reject a calculation based on the knowledge I have.

If you disagree you simply need to explain yourself in a precise manner that'll change my opinion.

My intention isn't be rude, I'm following the rules that are written down on our page. Explosions in the air use the air-burst formula and ground explosions use the surface explosion formula. Your reasonings haven't convinced me of anything.
And like I said, simply quoting the vaguely explained page without looking at the referenced article and reading what it says is not valid at all.

Explosions in the air aren't air-bursts simply because they're in the air. They're air-bursts because the omnidirectional/vertical shockwaves as a result of them reflecting off the ground, combining with the initial shockwave. We clearly see this did not happen against Elder Centipede.

In fact, the fact that the explosion is happening off of a surface (Elder Centipede's carapace) and the shockwave is coming off of the surface is enough to treat it as a surface explosion rather than an explosion detonated midair.

Last edited:
By this logic the vast majority of Air-Burst explosion wouldn't apply as an air-burst, since they never reflect off the ground.

Our page clearly states explosions in the air use the air-burst formula and ground explosions use the surface explosion formula.

You need to make a calc group thread or something else to change our rules.

By your logic there is no such thing as an Air-Burst explosion, since they never reflect off the ground.
This claim makes no sense. What do you mean by "they never reflect off the ground"? Airbursts do reflect off the ground. Genos' did not do this.
Our page clearly states explosions in the air use the air-burst formula and ground explosions use the surface explosion formula.

You need to make a calc group thread or something else to change our rules.
I am using what our pages claim and draw reference from. Your not understanding of how air bursts work is not my failure to abide by our rules.

Back