• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: AP Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
These calcs got accepted:

The Evil Eye calc upgrades all Monster Association Dragon level threats (and those who scale to them) to High 7-A (1.032 Gigatons)

The Nichirin calc should be added to Atomic Samurai's AP as support for his rating, as he scales directly above Nichirin.

The Hero Association's new durability will be added to the verse page.

The Sky Folk calc upgrades Hydrated Deep Sea King (and those who scale to him) to Low 7-C (2.49 Kilotons)

These calcs got accepted:

The Evil Eye calc upgrades all Monster Association Dragon level threats (and those who scale to them) to High 7-A (1.032 Gigatons)

The Nichirin calc should be added to Atomic Samurai's AP as support for his rating, as he scales directly above Nichirin.

The Hero Association's new durability will be added to the verse page.

The Sky Folk calc upgrades Hydrated Deep Sea King (and those who scale to him) to Low 7-C (2.49 Kilotons)
Agreeee
although for me it would also be necessary to put human garou, basic metal Bat, hydrated version sea king,genos post G4,Pureblood and all the demon levels of the Monster association at 7C because psykos chooses them precisely based on strength

Last edited:
Evil Eye's threat level is Unknown, isn't it?

It seems odd to be scaling the Monster Association's Dragon level threats to him when we can't categorically confirm whether they're above or below him.

Dragon level isn't a superior rating to "Unknown" because Sage Centipede and Evil Natural Ocean are both "Unknown" as well.

The monsters on the surface were sent by Gyoro to test the S class to assign cadre to
at the very least, base Gyoro should be stronger as she decided she would deal with Tatsumaki

It seems odd to be scaling the Monster Association's Dragon level threats to him when we can't categorically confirm whether they're above or below him.

Dragon level isn't a superior rating to "Unknown" because Sage Centipede and Evil Natural Ocean are both "Unknown" as well.
Gyoro Gyoro was the one that implanted the eyes on Evil Eye and basically made him the monster he is, she should absolutely be aware of his power level and still decided to send him with the frontline fodder to measure the heroes abilities.

The fact he's not listed as a Cadre and was thrown alongside the other fodders is a pretty clear indication that Gyoro Gyoro doesn't consider him Cadre level. It wouldn't make sense to have some random monster as just massively stronger than the Cadres when the story hypes the Cadres as the mightiest in the MA.

The monsters on the surface were sent by Gyoro to test the S class to assign cadre to
at the very least, base Gyoro should be stronger as she decided she would deal with Tatsumaki
I think Gyoro-Gyoro is definitely the safest to rank above Evil Eye based on Chapter 114.

But just because Evil Eye isn't ranked as a cadre doesn't mean I think we should by default consider every single one of the Cadres to have stronger attacks than Evil Eye's AP.

I think Gyoro-Gyoro is definitely the safest to rank above Evil Eye based on Chapter 114.

But just because Evil Eye isn't ranked as a cadre doesn't mean I think we should by default consider every single one of the Cadres to have stronger attacks than Evil Eye's AP.
Except they're all ranked based on power, it's not like they have any sort of dura neg hax that would put them at that level.

Except they're all ranked based on power, it's not like they have any sort of dura neg hax that would put them at that level.
Yes, but my point is that Evil Eye is ranked as 'Unknown'. It's not "Demon level" or "Not quite Dragon level".

We have no idea where it truly ranks in the hierarchy except that it is weaker than Gyoro-Gyoro.

You could argue, however, that Gyoro was creating matchups for the S class, so it might be weird that she intentionally let evil eye die rather than taking out someone like darkshine or the swordsmen who would really have no way to win?

We can compromise with a possibly/likely rating. Though, I think it's pretty clear EE is not a cadre and by default should be weaker than them.

Im so ******* sick of these compromises and "likely/possibly ratings" its as straight as it gets here and we shouldn't settle for less
It's really not... If Evil Eye was ranked Demon level, then yeah, it would be as straightforward as it gets. But ONE put him as Unknown. A rank different from the rest of the hierarchy.

And unsurprisingly, most of the Cadres don't show anywhere near the destructiveness of creating a High 7-A storm.

So I think you can see why it might be a bit okay to compromise here? Considering most of the Cadres own feats put them lower? Personally the over-reliance of powerscaling instead of actually looking at what the characters are shown to be capable of themselves is what I find frustrating but I'm okay with compromising on it.

So I think you can see why it might be a bit okay to compromise here? Considering most of the Cadres own feats put them lower? Personally the over-reliance of powerscaling instead of actually looking at what the characters are shown to be capable of themselves is what I find frustrating but I'm okay with compromising on it.
Darkshine suddenly becomes High 8-C and subsonic due to his bad feats

Darkshine suddenly becomes High 8-C and subsonic due to his bad feats
I'm not advocating an extreme "feats only" approach either. I just think we tend to neglect the character's actual protrayal sometimes in favor of pure scaling.

It's really not... If Evil Eye was ranked Demon level, then yeah, it would be as straightforward as it gets. But ONE put him as Unknown. A rank different from the rest of the hierarchy.

And unsurprisingly, most of the Cadres don't show anywhere near the destructiveness of creating a High 7-A storm.

already the fact that gyoro gyoro sent him together with individuals like Rhino Wrestler demon level for the initial outline I would say says it all i.e. that I don't consider him to be at the level of the other executives of the monster association and therefore the other dragon levels are consequently stronger then that it has an unknown level means that gyoro gyoro had to completely establish its threat level but looking at the context we see that he considered it a demon level not worthy of the high ranks of the association however strong EE may be

I'm not advocating an extreme "feats only" approach either. I just think we tend to neglect the character's actual protrayal sometimes in favor of pure scaling.
To be fair the series has a built-in counter to that
Dragon levels are vaguely a danger to multiple cities, especially in the context of the MA which only cares about raw power

There is no need for a likely/possibly rating. Damage's take on this seems to be outvoted.

There is no need for a likely/possibly rating. Damage's take on this seems to be outvoted.
Strictly speaking only one other staff member has posted after I left my observations further up, but I get your point.

Since the MA gives the rating and Evil Eye was given Unknown, that would indicate that she didn't know about where it was power wise. If she had a firm idea of its power she would just give it a Demon or Dragon rating.

For the scaling all I'm not sure. Though in my view they would scale in some capacity I guess, if they didn't I don't see why an automatic rating wouldn't be given.

Yeah. Outside of the indirect cadre scaling, the only characters in the Monster Association who definitely scale above Evil Eye are Gyoro-Gyoro and Orochi.

The rest are a possibly, but definitely not solidly scaling IMO.

Since the MA gives the rating and Evil Eye was given Unknown, that would indicate that she didn't know about where it was power wise. If she had a firm idea of its power she would just give it a Demon or Dragon rating.

For the scaling all I'm not sure. Though in my view they would scale in some capacity I guess, if they didn't I don't see why an automatic rating wouldn't be given.
however, it is easy to understand that it is a demon level since the dragon levels of the association are all executive and evil eye was not one of them so one can understand that it is a demon level both from the context in which it is presented therefore at the start of the raid but also because nyan who he is a new character from the manga who is not in the webcomic like evil eye was defined as dragon level but not evil eye so it means that not even the authors defined him as superior or on a par with the executives of the monster association otherwise they would have given him a place among the cadres they gave him the unknown level because perhaps they preferred to keep him an aura of mystery
but then there is also the fact that the hierarchical scale of the Monster association is based precisely on the power of the individual monster

Last edited:
so it means that not even the authors defined him as superior or on a par with the executives of the monster association otherwise they would have given him a place among the cadres they gave him the unknown level because perhaps they preferred to keep him an aura of mystery
This is an assumption; there is nothing tell us that if the authors considered Evil Eye to be superior to any of the cadres that they definitely would have made him a cadre.

however, it is easy to understand that it is a demon level
I'm not getting that, especially since the feat performed by Evil Eye dwarfs nearly every other known Dragon level threat that we know of.

because nyan who he is a new character from the manga who is not in the webcomic like evil eye was defined as dragon level but not evil eye so it means that not even the authors defined him as superior
I wouldn't read into author intention like that without a direct quote. You don't know what Murata or ONE thought about the monster other than a throwaway line from Murara that EE is much stronger than Blizzard.

would have given him a place among the cadres they gave him the unknown level because perhaps they preferred to keep him an aura of mystery
but then there is also the fact that the hierarchical scale of the Monster association is based precisely on the power of the individual monste
That's what I mea. It's entirely based on power by the MA. Which is why we know that a MA Dragon > any MA Demon. But despite that knowledge they didn't rate EE as either a Demon or Dragon, which would mean they were unsure of what it's ranking would be if anything.

Which is also why I said they should scale in some capacity no matter what. Since if it wasn't confusing then why wouldn't Psykos just give him a rating straight up?

Monster Association who definitely scale above Evil Eye are Gyoro-Gyoro and Orochi.
I mean, there would still be others even with that line of reasoning. Since Psykos placed certain Dragons, either as a team or alone, at or above her level.

This is an assumption; there is nothing tell us that if the authors considered Evil Eye to be superior to any of the cadres that they definitely would have made him a cadre.
1)simple,question of hierarchical coherence given by gyoro gyoro which is based on pure strength and all dragon levels are executives of the association just think of Hellfire flame and Gale Wind monsters who were the new executives arrived within the association 2) murata and One thinking at evil eye I believe that some thoughts on how strong this monster could be before showing us if they did it is not that they randomly put it at the start of the raid with the demon and tiger levels

I mean, there would still be others even with that line of reasoning. Since Psykos placed certain Dragons, either as a team or alone, at or above her level.
Which ones did she place alone above her?

I remember she said Black Sperm and Homeless Emperor working together could beat anyone.

I'm not getting that, especially since the feat performed by Evil Eye dwarfs nearly every other known Dragon level threat that we know of.

I wouldn't read into author intention like that without a direct quote. You don't know what Murata or ONE thought about the monster other than a throwaway line from Murara that EE is much stronger than Blizzard.

That's what I mea. It's entirely based on power by the MA. Which is why we know that a MA Dragon > any MA Demon. But despite that knowledge they didn't rate EE as either a Demon or Dragon, which would mean they were unsure of what it's ranking would be if anything.

Which is also why I said they should scale in some capacity no matter what. Since if it wasn't confusing then why wouldn't Psykos just give him a rating straight up?

I'm speaking strictly logically and seeing the facts that happened in the manga then the fact that a demon level proved to be stronger than previously seen dragon levels is because more often than not the dragon levels seen before were defeated instantly by Saitama type gouketsu and therefore not we got to see what they really can do like transformed vaccine man could very well be 7A but he saw saitama so rip
(apart from elder centipede)

I completely disagree with a likely/possibly rating for Evil Eye and those who scale.

As Recon, Emirp, Ziller and Phoenks have said above, Gyoro Gyoro made Evil Eye as strong as it was prior to it being killed by Tatsumaki. Despite that, she still sent it to the surface to get a gauge on the S-Class' strength. It's very clear that the Cadre are superior to Evil Eye simply due to the fact that Cadre were meant to be reserved while Evil Eye was treated as a sort of canonfodder.

@Qawsedf234, Evil Eye's 'Unknown' Disaster Level is for reasons outside of verse, and not because Gyoro Gyoro did not know concretely how powerful it was.

Q: What is Evil Eye's actual disaster Level?

A: ONE sensei wrote "unknown" since Evil Eye is my original character.

It makes no sense for Gyoro Gyoro to not know how strong Evil Eye was. The fact that Gyoro assesses every monster's strength and she made Evil Eye and still decided to send him out to the surface as a canonfodder to determine the strength of the heroes while at the same time reserving the Cadre for later battles is enough to prove that Evil Eye is inferior to them.

and then the fact that demon level monsters can show talents even 6C is totally normal since demon level monsters are considered calamities for an entire city which in One Punch Man are as large as islands or larger

Which ones did she place alone above her?
ENW couldn't be controlled by her, BS and HE she said as a group could beat anyone and if she scales above EE then Atomic Samurai/Darkshine would also scale to be above it. Which would give Acid Ugly and GS/PS upscaling from there.

Like even if it wouldn't effect everyone it would still effect a decent swath of the MA cadres, since they either scale to Psykos or scales to someone who scales to her.

I'm speaking strictly logically and seeing the facts that happened in the manga then the fact that a demon level proved to be stronger
We've seen Dragons go all out before without fighting Saitama and they've still not replicated the feat. So arguing that it's automatically Demon level when Psykos didn't know what to rate it doesn't make sense in my viewpoint.
Evil Eye's 'Unknown' Disaster Level is for reasons outside of verse, and not because Gyoro Gyoro did not know concretely how powerful it was.
That's the Doyalist answer though, in-universe the rating would indicate that Psykos didn't know where to put it.

The fact that Gyoro assesses every monster's strength and she made Evil Eye and still decided to send him out to the surface as a canonfodder to determine the strength of the heroes while at the same time reserving the Cadre for later battles
She also reserved a vast swath of Tigers and Wolves for the base, along with random Demons as well. If you're testing the strength of someone why not send something you think would be decently strong? You wouldn't send fodder to see how strong Darkshine is, you send someone strong so that you have an idea of what they can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back