• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skullgirls High 2-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Matt is right here.

Aeon states that there is one timeline where all threads converge, including our own.

"Our own" means their thread.

@Weekly

Nope, I'm not. Not sure how you centered on that which isn't as much as you think it is.

Here's the facts:

1. None of the things you're claiming are ever indicated in the game itself. They are extrapolations based on extremely vague things.

2. The Trinity has no feats on a High 2-A scale.

3. Direct in-game evidence contradicts the notion that they transcend the timelines.

Matt, you know full well how defensive he gets over having stuff he does elsewhere pointed out, and you've seen it **** threads and spill over into the rvt. I think weekly really needs to take things less seriously on this site, buy there's no reason to do stuff like bring up his conduct with RWBY threads when we all know how he can get over comments like that warrented or not.

That said, weekly you really shouldn't expect people to believe you without posting scans. Just wait till you get off work, people can have some patience.

Matt, the first thing that you said was this

Matthew Schroeder said:
I call really bullshit on the 5D for the girls.

Never has there been any evidence that they see all timelines as fiction. All that happens is that in one ending the camera zoom outs and shows that the trinity girls are playing Skullgirls. A lot of the profile is largely speculation on Weekly's part.
If that wasn't meant to bait something, then think about your wording more the next time, because this sounded very aggressive.

Anyway, enough of this. If the two of you want to continue the discussion, do it while staying calm

Let's just not dwelve any further into this, alright?

We wait for scans proving this stuff, then we discuss that and that only.

If nothing comes for a long period, and by nothing I mean that those arguing plain don't answer anything without any headsup for the reason, then we can talk about simply changing the stuff regardless.

@Kaltias

It wasn't meant to bait anyone. I merely stated my thought on how the profiles have no evidence, the games themselves contradict it, and they are based on speculation. And the profiles were made and upgraded by Weekly, who was already defending his series on the thread, so it's only right that I say that they were upgrades based on his interpretation / speculation.

I will just tell you two that I will keep deleting the "subtle" jabs you throw at each other, 'kay? Kay.

@Matt

My point is, that tone is aggressive.

If I had to write that comment, you'd see something like "I don't think that they are 5-D as this contradicts [insert contradiction] and a more reasonable interpretation is that they are [insert proposed tier]".

I don't think that you are saying something wrong, but the way you are saying it is wrong.

Matthew.

She is crowned as being the Goddess of Time itself. Capable of manipulating time including the past, present and future.

She may use figures from the past, characters that have not been seen yet, and alternate versions of the cast including ones where they have become the next Skullgirl. Her own attacks would be themed after sand, glass, and Khronos's serpentine incarnation with animations that don't always flow forward

Even versions that didn't exist in the original cast she can manipulate.

Aeon is a divine being with the ability to manipulate time itself, including alternate timelines.

Manipulate time itself including alternate timelines.

This basically makes her 2-C not only she can manipulate timelines she does also control past, present and future of time itself.

That just means she can use time manipulation, it's not an AP feat. Pulling people from the past, future and alternate universes is something a literal Tier 9 character can do. I can even give example.

If this is the extent of her time manipulation, that doesn't make her 2-C in the slightest. It just says she can manipulate time. It doesn't say she control all of time much less embody it.

No it isn't. All it says is she can manipulate time and has a multi-universal range. The example of her time manipulation involves her just pulling people from alternate timelines and points in time. It doesn't show her manipulating / destroying all of time on a universal scale. It isn't legit in the slightest. If this is the evidence for 2-C I am very concerned.

I can agree that manipulating multiple timelines is 2-C. There are a lot of characters here that get Tier 2 via "manipulating timelimes". If they can manipulate entire 4-Dimensional structures, their power is Tier 2. But... They didn't show to be physically on this level.

The trinity should be "X physically, 2-C with powers."

The Tetromino King said:
That is 2-C... if high 2-A isn't accepted. It can't be lower than that.
It isn't. It's just time manipulation, it's not a feat on an universal scale in any way, shape, or form.

@Schro

You don't need to be higher dimensional to just be listed like. Doctor Strange is physically 3-D, but he's not "9-C, 2-C with powers" he's just 2-C.

Uh Matthew it was stated as example that she can pull people from alternate timelines....

Aeon is the Trinity's reclusive goddess of time who observes history from beyond this world. Using her Parasite, Khronos, she is able to manipulate multiple timelines

Which is her Bio

And this came from her as fighting abilities if she was selected as a playable character...

Playstyle Speculatio
Aeon's attack themes may be similar to Double's in that she wields hypothetical versions of characters to attack, conjured from the distorted reflections on her hourglass. She may use figures from the past, characters that have not been seen yet, and alternate versions of the cast including ones where they have become the next Skullgirl. Her own attacks would be themed after sand, glass, and Khronos's serpentine incarnation with animations that don't always flow forward. Playing off of her shut-in otaku tendencies, some of her moves may bring in her accumulated merchandise.

In contrast to Isaac who can only travel through time, Aeon is a divine being with the ability to manipulate time itself, including alternate timelines. She may be able to capture moments on the battlefield to unleash later, like a bubble in time containing all attacks executed within its bounds. Then there is the usual slew of abilities to consider like rewinding time, slowing it down, and stopping it.

@Zach

Bad analogy. Doctor Strange actually has feats of blowing up universes, reality warping entire dimensions and timelines, and batling abstract entities that embody universes and shit.

The Trinity... doesn't.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Zach
Bad analogy. Doctor Strange actually has feats of blowing up universes, reality warping entire dimensions and timelines, and batling abstract entities that embody universes and shit.

The Trinity... doesn't.
True.

and we got this which futher proof she is 2-C.

Samson walks a darker path than the one we know. Having chosen to serve himself and leave the rest of the world to its fate, he turned to the vilest method to overcome his reliance on hosts. Who knows if he is a trick by Double to mock the Parasite, or a relic from a lost timeline recovered by Aeo.

a lost timeline recovered by Aeon.

Venus Lovelace (JP: Òâ┤ÒéúÒâ╝ÒâèÒé╣) is a character seen in Double's and Robo-Fortune's story ending. She is seen playing Skullgirls with Aeo.

Venus is the Trinity's restless goddess of space, wielder of the otherworldly Parasite, Abaddon. She grows tired of waiting for Mother's plan and calls upon her unwilling foothold on the outside in a small act of rebellion. Her physical form is deceptive, as the true nature and size of Venus and Abaddon exist beyond the threshold of human comprehension.

Her physical form is deceptive, as the true nature and size of Venus and Abaddon exist beyond the threshold of human comprehension.

The lady is only the central part of a much larger creature. If the rest of her is visible, the observer has already been engulfed. There is no safe place when fighting her as the very fabric of the universe unravels into mouths, claws, and locusts devouring her prey's flesh from every angle.

Venus's own body tantalizingly distorts to reveal monstrous elements. Body parts bloom from seemingly nowhere, sometimes releasing swarms of locusts to assault opponents from every angle. She can open holes in space, move and teleport in unexpected ways, or even distort the playfield itself. Even her own attacks may be displaced and modified.

The lady is only the central part of a much larger creature. If the rest of her is visible, the observer has already been engulfed. There is no safe place when fighting her as the very fabric of the universe unravels into mouths, claws, and locusts devouring her prey's flesh from every angle.

Basically states that Venus who scales to Aeon can undo the whole universe into mouths.

Ultima Reality said:
Pretty sure this quote is stating that Samson is the relic who was recovered by Aeon, not that she recovered a lost Timeline.
This.

Recovering an artifact isn't a Tier 2 feat. Tetromino is arguing that she is Tier 2 via range feats that don't require any AP.

Also he isn't giving scans and quoting from sourceless fan wikis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back