• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skullgirls High 2-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now for the blog post. You can very obviously see that, when Tetro and even Weekly later on tried to explain that the post was made with information given to the user from a dev, that was very convienently ignored by everyone, including you.

Yeah no, fan sources shouldn't be used as evidence no matter what. There needs to be actual evidence shown directly from the game/WOG.

Matthew Schroeder said:
What exactly is your beef with me, HI3. Weekly was literally trying to pass a fan statement from a forum as Word of God. That much is unnaceptable, and it doesn't matter if what the fan said is based on primary developer sources, it's still their interpretation of it. It should not be accepted as evidence for a profile.
What exactly makes you think i have beef with you? There was the possible, read: not certai, possibility of fan misinterpretation, but that was only ever brought up once and everyone else was more gawking at the fact that it wasn't a dev saying it. You have no evidence that it, undeniably, isn't WoG

Secondly, everyone waited. But just because we waited does not mean we should have remained static for 5 days without doing anything. Weekly himself said he didn't want to argue and participate on the thread and ultimately gave up, admitting the characters lack feats. And it wasn't even me who ultimately decided to go along with it.
The fact that most of the posts telling Weekly to wait are well before the half-point of this thread says otherwise

Did you even read what i said? Weekly gave up because people had already decided the outcome of the CRT before he could even do anything against it. That would make most people quite annoyed, don;t you think?

There is no hipocrisy here, this is a thread like any other, where people are allowed to discuss without receiving special treatment, including Weekly. And so discussion kept going without him. That's just it.
Yeah there's a difference between "special treatment" and "having the patience to wait a few damn hours for someone to get off work and come defend the topic without basically concluding the thread while they're gone"

And if Weekly had evidence, he could bring it up as the discussion for downgrade was happening and flip the thread's direction entirely. This has happened before. I've seen it done. I've done it myself. Arguments trump all else.
He tried to post that evidence several times, and it was summarily ignored. Tetro even tried to post a lot of evidence, but that was either ignored or barely even debated at all.

Also you're particular gleeful fascination with overdecontructing everything I see and wanting to have me banned over it is bizarre and suspicious at the absolute least.
1: Your behavior on the Ban vs Hircine thread would've had any other user given a stern warning had they done it, absolutely nothing happened on your end.

2: Where did i say i wanted you go get banned? I was pointing out the fact that people who try to do things like what you did tend to get banned or are very scumy.

3: "you're particular gleeful fascination with overdecontructing everything

there is no overdeconstruction

what i have based my points on is plain for all to see elsewhere in the thread

I don't think that Matthew is anywhere near as bad as you make him out to be, and that you should give him a break. He is generally just trying to help out to maintain a high quality for our profiles as best he can, but lots of extensive repetitive arguing can be quite stressful in the long run.

That said, I have told him to try to watch his tone and be more patient, as it is much better for staff members in this wiki to do so.

Antvasima said:
I don't think that Matthew is anywhere near as bad as you make him out to be, and that you should give him a break. He is generally just trying to help out to maintain a high quality for our profiles as best he can, but lots of extensive repetitive arguing can be quite stressful in the long run.
With all due respect, stress is not an excuse

if he's genuinely so stressed that things like this and Ban vs Hircine consistently happen, then he needs to take a break

The Ban vs Hircine thread was no big deal. The only time I maybe concede was that time on RV where even Ant admitted I went too far, but constantly criticizing everything I do and calling me "scummy" and saying my behavior should get me banned is not remotely reasonable criticism.

His help is recurrently needed here, and staff members who constantly try to help out are under considerably more stress than regular users, in addition to frequently finding themselves a target due to misdirected disgruntled feelings.

I also agree with Matthew that you are taking your constant focus on him to exaggerated degrees. Making him into your personal target is not acceptable.

He doesn't need proof that it isn't WoG. The direct quote is not from them, and no actual source for it is around. Burden of proof and all.

Telling weekly to do his life before everything else in here is quiet normal as well. Ans thinking a crt is done because people don't seem to be agreeing is what is called a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Arguing while weekly was not here is not what you call concluding the thread. The idea of a crt being put on hold for something like that is just... useless. If weekly can bring proof, great, the proof is there. If not, then he can't.

The proof wasn't ignored... Mostly it was simply decided that it does not mean High 2-A, and apparently amounted to not being enough to even make a profile of off.

Don't really care about other threads being brought up here to be perfectly honest. I'm sure that most that have a pretty colored name are given more leeway since they are doing more usefull things than others around here.

But people would never get banned for what happened on this thread at all.

The only thing that I can see as a problem with Matt here is that he doesn't even remotely try to be tactful about stuff, which can get people often angry at him. For example, him saying that everything was wank as an opening statement. And while it is annoying, the fact that ultimately he was right about the ratings being wrong makes the only problem with him being crass, and that is by the site's standards (or what FANDOM forced it into anyways).

Regardless, can we drop this? The crt has come to a stop, and if any other proof is around anyone can bring it up in another thread that wasn't derailed into... this. Changes were decided, so that's that for now.

If you have a problem with how he acts in other threads bring it up there, on his wall or on the thread made specifically for people acting badly. Though if you find someone who actually works on making this place better getting leeway on things like being offensive... too bad is all that can be said.

Someone's work? As in, a profile?

I mean, one can totally claim that a profile contains objectively wrong information if it's wanked, lies about statements, presents scenes out of context, and has mathematically wrong calculations. That's just one example.

Alternatively, it may simply have an interpretation of scenes that are far too unrealistically high and not particularly supported by the text itself.

But any criticism directed at a profile is not, and should not ever be mistaken for, criticism directed at the profile's creator.

People are simply far too attached to their profiles.

Matthew is good at arguing and logic, and sometimes goes too far in his rhetorics, but he does not have an agenda to spite certain verses or regular members.

I agree that Matthew needs to make a continuous effort to be more tactful though.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Someone's work? As in, a profile?
I mean, one can totally claim that a profile contains objectively wrong information if it's wanked, lies about statements, presents scenes out of context, and has mathematically wrong calculations. That's just one example.

Alternatively, it may simply have an interpretation of scenes that are far too unrealistically high and not particularly supported by the text itself.

But any criticism directed at a profile is not, and should not ever be mistaken for, criticism directed at the profile's creator.

People are simply far too attached to their profiles.
Yeah, but if you consistent fail you back up those statements, you look like someone with an agenda

Pretty sure more than just Earl agreed to the current GB profiles

that is true. BUT constantly calling an entire verse that someone is rather fond of wanked right off the bat with basically no further correspondence really seems like an insult

People are not "too attached to their profiles". Stop acting like everyone else has a problem and that only you can fix it

I also appreciate his dedication towards accuracy for our profiles. We need more of that in this wiki, not less.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Ricsi-viragosi said:
Regardless, can we drop this? The crt has come to a stop, and if any other proof is around anyone can bring it up in another thread that wasn't derailed into... this. Changes were decided, so that's that for now.
soooooooooooooooooooooooooo what?

do we just have another CRT for this? Which will inevitable just be this exact same situation all over again?

also i like how you make a long post responding to someone, but then tell them to not respond afterwards

I agree with Ricsi that we should drop this.

Matthew needs to try to be more tactful, and HI3 needs to stop being so fixated on him.

People really do take this stuff more seriously than they should. Matt, knowing this, you should try and tone it down a bit to reduce conflict, but someone disagreeing with you on how strong fictional characters are is really not something you should be getting personally offended by. Downgrading your profile is not a personal attack.

Weekly can't just stop people from talking about a verse in his absence. He does not own the verse on the site. It is its own thing that other people have opinions on. People were willing to wait for him to say his part before actually changing anything, but him being sorta petty offsite and outright stating that he'd rather just delete the profiles seems like sufficient enough proof that the thread should be gone through with.

This CRT is over and done with, and really doesn't need to stay open.

Hl3 or bust said:
soooooooooooooooooooooooooo what?

do we just have another CRT for this? Which will inevitable just be this exact same situation all over again?

also i like how you make a long post responding to someone, but then tell them to not respond afterwards
As I said, if you wish to speak about Zach, do so on his wall. Or mine, I'm willing to argue what he did here is nothing report worthy at all.

And unless new proof is found, this thread is done in the litiral sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back