• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Skullgirls High 2-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's literally just talking about localized spatial manipulation and her ability to shapeshift via manipulating space around herself. It's not a Tier 2 feat.

Ultima Reality said:
Is there evidence that Venus is indeed unravelling the whole fabric of the Universe?
The quote seems to refer to how she can manipulate Space at will (While talking about her skillset, even), it isn't stating she is capable of unmaking the entire Universe or anything of the sort, I can give examples of characters saying that "the fabric of reality is unravelling" when talking about localized reality warping.
True.

It would be like saying Shadow the Hedgehog in base form is Low 2-C because he can control time and space.

It just sounds like more unquantifiable space-time hax.

This is the scene that made them upgraded to High 2-A. As I already addressed it, not only does it not contain evidence that they transcend all timelines, but it also contains damning contradictory evidence in the form of they admitting they are from one timeline, and it shows that Aeon doesn't control all of time herself as she needs a tool in the form of a joystick to manipulate fate.

So that scene debunks High 2-A on its own.

It would be like saying Shadow the Hedgehog in base form is Low 2-C because he can control time and space.

Unravels the entire universe into mouths while being in her true form not avatars sounds like local time and space hax to you?

Anyway I'm done here, weekly will continue this.

Yeah the thread was just Weekly and some other people and ended and got closed very quickly.

Also the original thread by Weekly that got them upgraded to 2-C... Had no scans.

Reasons they were 2-C: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/492828

From WeeklyBattles

One last thing...Alex Ahad, the creator of Skullgirls, stated that: "Every single thread of fate in the game is possible - in a sense everyone is capable of defeating the Skullgirl and destroying the Skull Heart if they perform at their peak level. (You can draw a parallel with saving at a checkpoint in a game. Every time you die and restart, you are essentially creating multiple timelines where in one timeline you can eventually beat the game)."

This implies that each storyline in the game takes place in an alternate timeline in which a certain character defeats Marie, stretched out over multiple timelines so that every ending to every storyline actually happened, just in a different timeline.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Wasn't defeating Marie non-canon?
Every storyline happens in an alternate timeline, they all defeated her in their own storyline. The creator also stated that each character is capable of defeating her.

He fought Nancy when she was only 6-B, Nancy is only potentially 5-B given enough time.

The Trinity is 2-C because Aeon can manipulate multiple timelines at once, her sister Venus is comparable to her, and Mother is suerior to both of them.

The Tetromino King said:
Unravels the entire universe into mouths while being in her true form not avatars sounds like local time and space hax to you?
Objectively not true in either case.

The fabric of the universe is space-time. Manipulating space-time means you're manipulating the fabric of the universe. It does not mean you're manipulating the entire universe as evidence that space around her containing the entire universe still exists.

Nobody is talking about labzerogames, I know that's the studio that made Skullgirls.

But the supposed quotes comparing each story mode to a different timeline and using the checkpoint metaphor isn't from a Dev. It's from a random dude in a forum.

The Tetromino King said:
No the quotes comes from an offical source infact the creator of the skullgirls not form a random dude in the forum.
Nope, that "Skullgirls Canon Information" thread was started by a fan going by the username of Chrono Tata. He's not a developer. Meanwhile the actual Skullgirls designer, Mike Z, has his own profile on the same forum.

This quote: "Every single thread of fate in the game is possible - in a sense everyone is capable of defeating the Skullgirl and destroying the Skull Heart if they perform at their peak level. (You can draw a parallel with saving at a checkpoint in a game. Every time you die and restart, you are essentially creating multiple timelines where in one timeline you can eventually beat the game)." was made by Chrono Tata and posted on this thread, which is a fan's attempt to gather information on the series.

The thread literally starts with the guy admitting that things may change depending on the word of the developers and that this is just the fans' attempt at gathering info. It's in the [censored] disclaimer.

And? It's still just a fan's word. It's not a direct source. It's like me linking to my Elder Scrolls Blog and saying it is canon information. It's not. It's a fan's interpretation of the canon sources.

Can you specific show Chrono tata created the bio. I would prefer screenshots.

From what i'm seeing is he just summarized the Bio that was on the official site and yes the official site stated it may be changed (but they didn't change it since the voting are over.) but their no mention of it that it has been created by a fans.

My dude, are you understanding what I'm saying? The quote doesn't come from any official bio or website. It comes from a dude's post in a forum, that's it. It's not official in any way, shape or form that every story mode = it's own timeline.

You can literally google search the line. It only shows up on his specific post on that specific thread on that specific forum. You repeating an incorrect assessement that it is an official statement won't make it so.

Wow, it's almost like putting words in people's mouth and misconstructing their argument to align with what you're saying won't amount to anything in a thread! Who would have thought.

No, I am not talking about the official bios on the official Skullgirls website, the indiegogo page, or Lab Zero Games' official website. I am specifially talking about THIS, a thread created by a fan on a forum, which is not in any way official or endorsed by developers.

And it is a statement coming from this fan on this thread that Weekly was claiming to be official Word of God in another thread. And this is the problem.

Please, try to be constructive next time.

Dude if the quote shows up there just screenshot it and post it. Fans can misinterpret stuff even if it's from an official site, after all. Hell the entire point of this website is to interpret and clsssify Canon mateiral for fictions.

@Wokistan.

It doesn't. You can search a portion of the specific quote on google and put quotation marks at the beginning and end of the search so you'll search for that particular string of words.

The only result that will wield is the dude's post on the forum. It's the only place on the internet where that is found.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Wow, it's almost like putting words in people's mouth and misconstructing their argument to align with what you're saying won't amount to anything in a thread! Who would have thought.
No, I am not talking about the official bios on the official Skullgirls website, the indiegogo page, or Lab Zero Games' official website. I am specifially talking about THIS, a thread created by a fan on a forum, which is not in any way official or endorsed by developers.

And it is a statement coming from this fan on this thread that Weekly was claiming to be official Word of God in another thread. And this is the problem.

Please, try to be constructive next time.
Matt, I understand the statement is fan made and I agree it should be disregarded but there is no need to make a harsh response as it can be better worded.

"This thread will be used for archiving canon info about the Skullgirls universe that doesn't actually appear in the game or in official bio but confirmed personally by Alex Ahad or people we know are familiar with the Skullgirls lore." The information itself comes from the creators and other official sources but the game. Stating that because it came from a fan means nothing as the info they are getting is from the creators and they are merely archiving that

@SuperBearNeo X

The quote itself that every story mode = parallel timeline is entirely fan made and not backed up by any official source. And if an official source states it, then use that. Relying on fan interpretations instead of the original source is absurd. We don't accept other wikis as evidence, so we'll surely not accept a random thread as evidence.

I thought you was talking about the Aeon and Venus Statements. You also doesn't even make it clear which is very obvious of you tho.

Anyway each route is a different timeline which is just common sense. as each story has a different fate for the skullheart. If everything was in the same Timeline then the skullheart or Girl wouldn't be multiple death and stuff. You would have know if you play the game which you didn't.

Anyway I have debunked everything you said and couldn't even come with a legit refute on why the Trinity can't be tier 2. You could just concede this and accept tier 2 Trinity.

This sure was a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back