• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we reduce how many Power pages we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I mention metal manipulation has enough distinctions to be separate from Earth Manipulation to be separate as metal is a specifically well established type of matter different from other forms of Earth. And it also involves bending certain types of metals that aren't really parts of Earth such as Adamantium manipulation. I also agree with Andy regarding Crystal manipulation as those types of rocks are often specialized and made of different more refined alloys. Likewise, it's not just limited to manipulating diamonds or rubies, but also certain fictional crystals. Like Blood Ruby manipulation or Kryptonite Manipulation sound like sub-powers of Crystal Manipulation and Earth Manipulation doesn't sound like it would cut it.

Morality Manipulation often has more in common with spiritual manipulation than it does mind manipulation or manipulation of the heart/empathy than it does the mind. But unless Empathy Manipulation is also something we want to treat as something the same as Mind Manipulation, then I'd advocate for keeping it separated from mind manipulation. I also agree with Armor regarding Madness Manipulation; plenty of users can invoke Madness manipulation via use of drugs or plagues/viruses and is not limited to Telepathy/Psychokinesis powers. It has more in common with status inducement rather than mind manipulation.

Ah, I'm fine with Sand Manipulation being merged with Earth Manipulation; just not Crystal Manipulation. Think that's specific enough to be separate.

Also, got to mention this in case anybody wonders where I'm at, I got to head to my RL work shift.

Well, I agree with merging rage power and awakened power with statistics amplification, and sense manipulation with perception manipulation, but am very uncertain about merging madness manipulation and morality manipulation with mind manipulation, and think that crystal manipulation and sand manipulation can probably remain as they are, as they are rather common and much more limited powers than earth manipulation.

Thanks for your evaluations, I will be adding your votes. (If I like the message, it means I am adding their votes, to avoid me thanking every time ;3)

@Promestein is an honorable mention, so I will be adding it, if none of you has any issues with it.
Although, noting that her vote will be same valued as any other non-staff member, ensuring the fairness.
Promestein has a vote when she wants to help out. It seems silly to not include it.

Morality Manipulation often has more in common with spiritual manipulation than it does mind manipulation or manipulation of the heart/empathy than it does the mind. But unless Empathy Manipulation is also something we want to treat as something the same as Mind Manipulation, then I'd advocate for keeping it separated from mind manipulation. I also agree with Armor regarding Madness Manipulation; plenty of users can invoke Madness manipulation via use of drugs or plagues/viruses and is not limited to Telepathy/Psychokinesis powers. It has more in common with status inducement rather than mind manipulation.
That is a good point. I also disagree about merging that page then.

Because it's a nothing ability as discussed a lot previously, the current description in the page just goes over it overall causing a mess by multiple means, which overlaps with either mundane terrorism that shouldn't fall as a P&A (or at best caused by other P&As), or some sort of Fate/Probability Manip.

Chaos Manipulation also has a lot in common with Existence Erasure, though I'm willing to hear Glass out for more details.

Aura: Has been severely misused by being confused with Chi Manipulation, should at least get renamed to something like "Surrounding Energy" given the intent going by the summary, and the image should be changed as it's misleading.
Maybe "Energy Emission" could work too.

It’s not mundane terrorism, Chaos is the opposite of Order, it’s the antithesis to Law hax as with several verses that has it as an ability, Castlevania being the most noteworthy example as creatures of chaos literally use chaos itself. If it was just another form of existence erasure then explain why chaos in Castlevania is used in ways not related to EE at all, and instead causes disorder across the lands?

It’s not mundane terrorism, Chaos is the opposite of Order, it’s the antithesis to Law hax as with several verses that has it as an ability, Castlevania being the most noteworthy example as creatures of chaos literally use chaos itself. If it was just another form of existence erasure then explain why chaos in Castlevania is used in ways not related to EE at all, and instead causes disorder across the lands?
Then we can put it under EE if it is another form, no?

I literally said it’s not EE, that makes 0 ******* sense especially with the context of how Castlevania does it.

No need to be aggressive or be rude. I asked a question, since you said it's the other form of EE. I am not even contesting for Chaos Manipulation being removed because the reasons for it is already weak.

Also, in my opinion, it sounds it is some form of destruction manipulation.

It’s literally controlling Anarchy, that’s what Chaos Manipulation is in a nutshell, the antithesis of what Order/Lax hax is. I also never said it’s EE, DarkDragonMedeus said it’s EE, I’m saying why exactly would Chaos function like EE when verses that use chaos as it’s core ability don’t use it like that at all

I also think that chaos manipulation and aura should remain. Also, I did not call you silly, Dread. I just disagreed with a specific sentiment.

However, your tally should be updated here to list the specific staff sentiments for each individual page, one at a time, as it currently does not accurately reflect the opinions of myself or others.

However, your tally should be updated here to list the specific staff sentiments for each individual page, one at a time, as it currently does not accurately reflect the opinions of myself or others.
You said you are in the same stance as DDM. So I added it like that to avoid the vote tally being spammy.
If it is not, please, let me know your current stance, so I can change it.

Sorry for annoyance.

Well, I agree with merging rage power and awakened power with statistics amplification, and sense manipulation with perception manipulation, but am very uncertain about merging madness manipulation and morality manipulation with mind manipulation, and think that crystal manipulation and sand manipulation can probably remain as they are, as they are rather common and much more limited powers than earth manipulation.
That is a good point. I also disagree about merging that page then.
No, I only said that I agreed with him about not merging our morality manipulation page into our mind manipulation page.

Meaning:

I agree about merging rage power and awakened power into statistics amplification, time stop with time manipulation, and sense manipulation with perception manipulation.

I disagree about merging morality manipulation with mind manipulation, or merging crystal manipulation and sand manipulation with earth manipulation.

I am neutral about merging madness manipulation with mind manipulation.

I also disagree with removing aura, chaos manipulation, ectoplasm manipulation, and blessed, but am uncertain about breath attack.

Please carefully list all of the views by other staff members case-by-case as well. Thank you. 🙏

It is just a simple form of air manipulation or even body control in some cases so it would be fine for removal.
Yes, but it is likely very difficult to go through all of the pages that list it as an ability to figure out which ability that it should be replaced with in each individual case.

Aura: Has been severely misused by being confused with Chi Manipulation, should at least get renamed to something like "Surrounding Energy" given the intent going by the summary, and the image should be changed as it's misleading.
No, people misusing isn't a ground for an ability deletion or alteration, that entirely people's fault, not the power, also the reason for confusion of this ability is because verse with Chi Manipulation often go along with Aura
Then we can put it under EE if it is another form, no?
no Chaos is opposite of Law/Order hax, similar to Holy and Unholy hax. I disagree with this
It is just a simple form of air manipulation or even body control in some cases so it would be fine for removal.
depend on context, which we can flexibly fix, such as if breath attack is breath an energy blast, we can replace with Energy Projection/Energy Manip and write detail description about it, Fire Breath?? the it is Fire Manipluation then, etc..........

Also, we are foremostly an indexing site, i don't see the reason to go with this ability deletion too hard like this, sure we merge and delete overlaping abilities, but if we just go too hard with this, then just delete reality warping-type abilities such as fate hax, causality hax, EE, law hax, etc............, leaving only Reality Warping intact

Also, we are foremostly an indexing site, i don't see the reason to go with this ability deletion too hard like this, sure we merge and delete overlaping abilities, but if we just go too hard with this, then just delete reality warping-type abilities such as fate hax, causality hax, EE, law hax, etc............, leaving only Reality Warping intact
The difference is that those abilities address very specific aspects of RW, Breath attack is very limited and isn’t even an overlapping ability, its just a different way to use another ability.

Guys, I need to kindly remind you, it's staff only thread. Get permission from a staff member to post here.

I also disagree with removing aura, chaos manipulation, ectoplasm manipulation, and blessed, but am uncertain about breath attack.

Please carefully list all of the views by other staff members case-by-case as well. Thank you. 🙏
I did not add regarding “removal pages”, since I want to start with merging first. I updated the stance now.

Thank you. Please carefully check through the views of the other staff members here as well.

No, people misusing isn't a ground for an ability deletion or alteration, that entirely people's fault, not the power, also the reason for confusion of this ability is because verse with Chi Manipulation often go along with Aura
I'm not proposing it for deletion, please read the whole post before jumping to conclusions:

Stuff I think should be reworked or deleted:

I'm aware we're unlikely to be deleting rather overly linked pages right now, but I've bolded the ones that don't necessarily involve deleting pages to ease progress for now.

I assume by merging rage power with statistics amplification we’re just adding it as a sub category for that page? If so I’m fine with it given they normally function different than normal stat amping abilities. Sense Manipulation merging with perception manipulation I’m fine with given they’ve always looked the same to me.

I don’t buy Madness hax merging with mind manipulation given the very nature of that ability is fundamentally different. Morality I’m not sure I buy given the specific nature of it.

I disagree with Sand Manipulation merging with earth manipulation when so many noteworthy fictional series distinguish between controlling sand and the earth itself. Crystal manipulation I disagree with merging for Andy’s reasons.

Blessed I don’t see why we should merge it when the ability is the user is being blessed by something else, Power Bestowal is the user blessing another being.

What part of Unholy manipulation is remotely stated to be corruption? Cause I’m not following how that’s remotely stated to be like that.

Breath attack maybe I’m fine with removing, though I’m not 100% sure since some series uses breath attack as a distinguished move a la Fairy Tail.

Energy Projection I don’t agree with full on deletion given it’s a lot more of a specific/basic form of energy manipulation, where the latter is full on control over the ability and using it in a variety of ways.

Thank you for your assessment, @Theglassman12. I'll incorporate your viewpoint into the vote count. Please note that I'll include only the suggestions for merging at this stage; the removal suggestions will be addressed in the subsequent phase after the merging process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back