• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we reduce how many Power pages we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot really just keep saying this in a debate- it's impossible for us to explain why we think you're wrong if you don't elaborate as to why you think that.
I think that Ant think so cause Rage Power often associate with strength boost, which is stats amp so it is not entirely wrong to say it is a form of limited conditional stats amp. Now if we break down the power itself as a whole we have:

1. The effect of Rage Power boost strength thus we can considers it as a limited, conditional form of Statistics Manipulation

2. However, the source of Rage Power is based on rage, anger which associating with emotion. Now you get boost via intense emotion which is rage, anger thus we can considering it a form of Empowerment

For the record, I agree with Armor on this. If we are to merge Rage Power, it should be with Empowerment. Also, why are we just applying revisions like this without some sort of a consensus?
Actually, iirc the merging was done by Dread way before, we still discussing over this issue

Well, I think that rage power seems to increase somebody's power with rage as a trigger, so it seems very similar to statistics amplification, but it is not like I am averse to keeping that page if the rest of you disagree. It just seems somewhat redundant.

Which pages did ImmortalDread merge together without sufficient approval? We may need to undo one or a few changes in that case.

Well, I think that rage power seems to increase somebody's power with rage as a trigger, so it seems very similar to statistics amplification, but it is not like I am averse to keeping that page if the rest of you disagree. It just seems somewhat redundant.
The trigger is not fully voluntary so it would be Empowerment, if anything. But since I doubt much worthwhile discussion can be had on a thread this old I would just prefer reverting it back to being its own thing for the time being.

I have restored that page now. 🙏

Are there any pages that ImmortalDread removed based on this thread that seem best to restore?

idk, aside from Awakened Power and Rage Power, i still can't find a good paragraph to expand Awakened Power description, too busy nowaday

I have restored that page now. 🙏

Are there any pages that ImmortalDread removed based on this thread that seem best to restore?
@Armorchompy @IdiosyncraticLawyer

I have no preferences in this thread and only wanted to help apply whatever's decided upon.

Last edited:
Well, I am mostly asking for some information here. 🙏

Also, what else do we currently need to do here?

Can you send notifications to the staff members who have significantly helped out here previously, IdiosyncraticLawyer?

I wouldn't know, I'm a CGM, my advice here would be null-and-void.

Which pages did ImmortalDread merge together without sufficient approval? We may need to undo one or a few changes in that case.
Can somebody simply help out with providing information about this please?

Thank you for the information. 🙏🙂❤️

That seems perfectly fine to me. I will close this thread then. Thank you to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back